Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 19 guests

Fake Bombs?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Fake Bombs?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:02 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Old Covent vs. New Convent: do you wish more of an explanation? I would be happy to explain or maybe go into a powerpoint presentation and get all preachy! That would be fun! :D

We have found a point of agreement. Watching you try to give this forum a lesson on the "Old Convent vs. New Convent" would indeed be fun.

I inseminated that convent.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

...and there we have proof that Fly is a badly-programmed NPC.
:twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by smr   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

LMAO...hey that was unfair I just did a heavy ab workout and everytime I laugh it hurts. Ok Gcomeau, if you want people to believe the bulls**t I mean information, you should try writing a story. Eric Flint just wrote a entertaining and thought provoking book in the 1632 universe. The 1637: The Volga Rules, I thought this was one of the better books in the series because some thoughts and questions that the book provoked about the US, slavery, and the Constitution.

Michael Everett wrote:...and there we have proof that Fly is a badly-programmed NPC.
Post by The E   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:39 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:...and there we have proof that Fly is a badly-programmed NPC.

Still leagues ahead of whoever is responsible for smr.
Post by Exidor   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Exidor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Joat42 wrote:Here is a question for those who believe in God and Jesus (since the concept of sin was brought up):
What would Jesus do with the refugees?

Considering Jesus is written to have showed compassion for the poor, the despised, the outcasts - then providing they came to Him, He would probably at least...

- Offer to heal those that needed healing.
- Offer to feed those that needed fed.
- Offer to teach those that wished to learn.

But that's my point of view. :)
Post by Joat42   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Exidor wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Here is a question for those who believe in God and Jesus (since the concept of sin was brought up):
What would Jesus do with the refugees?

Considering Jesus is written to have showed compassion for the poor, the despised, the outcasts - then providing they came to Him, He would probably at least...

- Offer to heal those that needed healing.
- Offer to feed those that needed fed.
- Offer to teach those that wished to learn.

But that's my point of view. :)

Which is why I find it difficult understanding self professed Christians cheering on Trump sending troops to the border, using hateful rhetoric and everything else that should be anathema to a Christian.

In my eyes they only pay lip service to God and Jesus and they are only Christian when it's convenient.

I don't believe in God or anything like that, but I hold people who believe to their beliefs otherwise they are pretending to be something they are not.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:35 pm

TFLYTSNBN

It is very simple Joat.

We have compassion but are also smart enough tounderstand that rather than MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, opening the floodgates of Latin American immigration will MAKE AMERICA MEXICO. This will help no one.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:21 am

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:It is very simple Joat.

We have compassion but are also smart enough tounderstand that rather than MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, opening the floodgates of Latin American immigration will MAKE AMERICA MEXICO. This will help no one.

If you post soldiers on the border and are exhorting them to shoot civilians, I doubt there is very much compassion behind the reasoning. You yourself joked about strafing the refugee caravan, where's the compassion in that?

And I'm curious; 'Make America Great Again', what does it mean? I have yet to see a satisfactory answer to it. Or is it just another empty phrase to make some people feel better?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:02 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:It is very simple Joat.

If you post soldiers on the border and are exhorting them to shoot civilians, I doubt there is very much compassion behind the reasoning. You yourself joked about strafing the refugee caravan, where's the compassion in that?

And I'm curious; 'Make America Great Again', what does it mean? I have yet to see a satisfactory answer to it. Or is it just another empty phrase to make some people feel better?

The biggest issue for most Americans is economics. The 2008 mortgage meltdown was followed up by eight years of the Obama great recession. The unemployment rate seemed tolerable only because the workforce participation rate plummetted.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, then Libya and Syria reminded the American people of the cost of internationalist interventionism verses our historical isolationist policies. The cost of surrendering in response to the Bush Lied People Died slogan then betraying Gaddafey will be rampant nuclear proliferation which only escalates the risks inherent of being global cop. The US is finally realizing that the Cold War is over and Russia is no longer the USSR which posed an existential threat that warrents foreign entanglements. The idiocy of inciting the coup in Ukraine only alienated Russia. Aside from the stupidity of refighting the Crimean war, Russia is now far to eager to provide military technology to China which is enabling the Chineese to become a serious military threat to the US. The INF treaty which was always all about Europe constrains the US from rebuilding and redeploying missiles to match Chinese systems. Trump recognizes that China can be constrained simply by revoking the Brenton woods free trade regime.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The biggest issue for most Americans is economics. The 2008 mortgage meltdown was followed up by eight years of the Obama great recession.

What ridiculous alternate reality are you posting from? Obama presided over one of the longest periods of uninterrupted economic expansion in US history you doofus. Do you even know what the word "recession" means?

The cost of surrendering in response to the Bush Lied People Died slogan then betraying Gaddafey will be rampant nuclear proliferation which only escalates the risks inherent of being global cop.

Trump is the one trashing nuclear non proliferation deals left and right so it's kind of absurd you are complaining about nuclear proliferation.

Return to Politics