Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Fake Bombs?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Fake Bombs?
Post by Dilandu   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote: The idiocy of inciting the coup in Ukraine only alienated Russia. Aside from the stupidity of refighting the Crimean war, Russia is now far to eager to provide military technology to China which is enabling the Chineese to become a serious military threat to the US. The INF treaty which was always all about Europe constrains the US from rebuilding and redeploying missiles to match Chinese systems. Trump recognizes that China can be constrained simply by revoking the Brenton woods free trade regime.

With that, I agree wholeheartedly. Sadly, there is too much hysteria between USA and Russia now to quickly remedy the situation.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Do you even know what the word "recession" means?

Sadly, it seems to mean "The person I wanted to win didn't and therefore everything sucks" to a certain portion of the populace.

It gets worse when the Media piles in because it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The BBC has tried to prove that on several occasions...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:43 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The biggest issue for most Americans is economics. The 2008 mortgage meltdown was followed up by eight years of the Obama great recession.

What ridiculous alternate reality are you posting from? Obama presided over one of the longest periods of uninterrupted economic expansion in US history you doofus. Do you even know what the word "recession" means?

The cost of surrendering in response to the Bush Lied People Died slogan then betraying Gaddafey will be rampant nuclear proliferation which only escalates the risks inherent of being global cop.

Trump is the one trashing nuclear non proliferation deals left and right so it's kind of absurd you are complaining about nuclear proliferation.

https://www.hudson.org/research/12714-e ... -president
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:43 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:What ridiculous alternate reality are you posting from? Obama presided over one of the longest periods of uninterrupted economic expansion in US history you doofus. Do you even know what the word "recession" means?

https://www.hudson.org/research/12714-e ... -president

Ok, so that's a "No, I don't know what 'recession' means".

Thanks.

Meanwhile, about as perfect an illustration of right wing economic views as I have come across:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrT2O_fXgAAzBek.jpg
Post by Annachie   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Or didn't pick up that the article specifically mentions the post war downturn that Truman inherited from the end of the war, but not the downturn that Obama inherited from Bush jnr caused by the housing loan thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:13 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote: The idiocy of inciting the coup in Ukraine only alienated Russia. Aside from the stupidity of refighting the Crimean war, Russia is now far to eager to provide military technology to China which is enabling the Chineese to become a serious military threat to the US. The INF treaty which was always all about Europe constrains the US from rebuilding and redeploying missiles to match Chinese systems. Trump recognizes that China can be constrained simply by revoking the Brenton woods free trade regime.

With that, I agree wholeheartedly. Sadly, there is too much hysteria between USA and Russia now to quickly remedy the situation.

The accusations that Trump conspired with Russia to hack the election only make it more difficult for Trump to negotiate with Putin to ease tensions. The INF treaty issue is one example where Russia and the US should negotiate a resolution that enables both to have non-nuclear Intermediate Range Ballistic Missiles and Cruise Missiles to counter China, India and Pakistan but not deploy them in Europe. As long as the US is not doing stupid stuff like stirring up coups in the Ukraine, Latvia and Estonia, Russia is not going to beba threat to Europe. In fact I would not be surprised if these countries volunteer to become members of a revived Warsaw when the demographics of Islamic immigration bite Western and Southern Europe in the ass.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It was the Russians who stired up the Ukranian coup.
The Russians who hacked the US elections*

You really should stop watching the Alex Jones history chanel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:11 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:It was the Russians who stired up the Ukranian coup.
The Russians who hacked the US elections*

You really should stop watching the Alex Jones history chanel.

It was Victoria Nuland of the US State Department who was videod passing out cookies at the Euromadden then got her cell phone hacked (by Russians?) advising the rebels on who should be on the interim cabinet.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:19 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:What ridiculous alternate reality are you posting from? Obama presided over one of the longest periods of uninterrupted economic expansion in US history you doofus. Do you even know what the word "recession" means?

https://www.hudson.org/research/12714-e ... -president[/quote]

Ok, so that's a "No, I don't know what 'recession' means".

Thanks.

Meanwhile, about as perfect an illustration of right wing economic views as I have come across:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrT2O_fXgAAzBek.jpg[/quote]

When the economic growth rate is smaller than the population growth rate and the unemployment rate is not soaring only because the workforce participation rate is plummetting, the effect on people is reccessionary. The reccessionary effect is all the more intense when wealth is being concentrated in the top 1/10 of 1% of the people who are Obama's buddies.

https://www.amazon.com/Architects-Ruin- ... 0061953377
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:38 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

We already got that you don't know what a recession is, it really wasn't necessary to illustrate it for us twice.

But moving on...

TFLYTSNBN wrote:When the economic growth rate is smaller than the population growth rate

The US population growth rate throughout Obama's 2 terms was hovering around 0.7 to 0.8% annually. It's pretty constant.

Economic growth rate during those years was, with the exception of 2009 when it was pulled down by the total implosion of the economy at the end of the Bush presidency, between 1.5% and 2.9% annually, averaging a little over 2.1%

Now I'm not up to speed on conservative math, if we're using GOP numbers which of those is bigger?

and the unemployment rate is not soaring only because the workforce participation rate is plummetting

Didn't look at the legend on that last graph I posted did you?

Hint: It wasn't unemployment rate. It was JOBS BEING CREATED.

Return to Politics