Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Joat42 and 2 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:15 am

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Annachie wrote:You don't think a person being a pedophile is a problem? I'm pretty sure the people of Alabama thought it was.

You don't care about Kavanaugh being a potential [Rapist/Sexual Predator/Pedophile/Aborter/Murdrer]? A stretch I know, but it's hard to think of anything minor that would get forwarded to the FBI so quickly but leaves a live female complainant.
Of course you don't, after all you support a self confessed sex offender as the leader of the family values party.


It might turn out to be nothing, it might turn out to be something.
But if the GOP knew before hand ... well I would normally say that they've lost all credibility. But truthfully, they don't have any left to lose.


The women that Judge Moore was courting were teenagers. While it seems creepy to me, his behavior was consistent with the cultural norms at the time which included securing the consent of their mothers.

Just to remind everyone of the cultural norms:

https://youtu.be/ZD8YPY8RBQc
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:57 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Annachie wrote:Looks like he might be about to lose one.

Reports are that Kavanaugh has been refered to the FBI for investigation into something from his past.

But then, reading between the lines, it sounds like the sort of thing the GOP don't give a shit about anyway.



As I understand the allegations, Kavanaugh once dated a woman with whom he had premarital sex and now, decades later, she is complaining that she didnt enjoy it.


Ummm... no.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... n-congress

In the letter, the woman alleged that, during an encounter at a party, Kavanaugh held her down, and that he attempted to force himself on her. She claimed in the letter that Kavanaugh and a classmate of his, both of whom had been drinking, turned up music that was playing in the room to conceal the sound of her protests, and that Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand. She was able to free herself.
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:59 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

smr wrote:Watch out Gcomeau is going to explode! I already told him that Trump will select 5 Supreme Court Judges in his 2 terms possibly 4 his 1st term.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I thought that I would share this video.

Ginsberg appears to have one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel.

Keeping my shovel handy to back fill.


Smr, does it never register with you at all that the poster you seem to most identify with is the forum troll?
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:33 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1488
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Warning Gcomeau, don't watch this video because this video will really cause fits of rage and outrage within a person's soul. Just go smoke some legal buds! 8-) Move on nothing to see here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97p0RVpHVik

FBI declines to investigate a 40 year allegation concerning by a person does not wish to be identified that Feinstein has sat on since July. Opps someone dropped the ball (Feinstein). A letter that she will not reveal to the Judiciary Comittee, the Democratic Party, or the Public. What are the odds 2 similar stories come out about people that Democrats hate during an election cycle.
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by The E   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:20 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

While it's perhaps no surprise that accusations of sexual misconduct won't find traction amongst conservatives (after all, if women's right to choose and consent were a factor in their thinking, they wouldn't be so staunchly opposed to both), here's something interesting: Mere hours after the story and its details broke, republicans were presenting a letter signed by 65 women who were in school at the same time as Kavanaugh attesting to his good character.
Now, several strange things here:
1. How many people do you know from your own high-school life?
I am 37. My school days are almost 2 decades ago, and outside of a few people, I can't really remember most of them; I can definitely not attest to anyone's character in sufficient detail to matter.
2. How many people who went to other schools can you claim to know well enough to give a testament of character about?
Because that's what happened here: 65 women, who went to other schools at the same time as Kavanaugh signed this letter (Kavanaugh being enrolled in a boys-only school at the time).

So basically, all that amounts to a statement of "well, he hasn't raped us". That's some great exoneration, truly one for the ages.
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:51 am

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Watch out Gcomeau is going to explode! I already told him that Trump will select 5 Supreme Court Judges in his 2 terms possibly 4 his 1st term.


Smr, does it never register with you at all that the poster you seem to most identify with is the forum troll?



I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

Actually, my status as the forum troll is merely a consequence of having political opinions that do not conform to the opinions of a voiciferous (meaning loud mouthed) clique, primarily foreigners, who dominate the Politics board by posting threads and replies that are intensely hostile to the United States in general and conservatives in particular. Your rationalization for being so critical of the US is the ongoing treaty commits of the United States to defend you folks. What is interesting is that your primary complaint about Trump and modern conservatives is that the United States is reconsidering the alphabet soup of defense treaties that obligate the US to risk nuclear war to defend your sorry asses.

I really, really want to see the World have another war and this time the United States stays home and makes popcorn whileenjoying video of the carnage in the comfort of our own homes.
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by The E   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:20 pm

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

TFLYTSNBN wrote:What is interesting is that your primary complaint about Trump and modern conservatives is that the United States is reconsidering the alphabet soup of defense treaties that obligate the US to risk nuclear war to defend your sorry asses.


No, our primary complaint about Trump is that he is a senile idiot who was put into power by a combination of senile idiots, procedural flaws in your election systems, opportunists and plain old racists.

Our primary complaint against conservatives like you is that you are a bunch of unprincipled hypocrites who have no moral backbone.
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by smr   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1488
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

What is the accusation or allegation exactly not what is reported? Should not a person know what exactly is being alleged before commenting on the subject. The FBI declined to investigate! What is the statue of limitations of the exact allegation(s)? What are the facts? Please, sit back and wait for the facts.

That's what I thought...you don't know diddly squat. Mr. Keyboard Warrior, programmed to respond at the latest SJW cause(s) or allegation(s). Take a few weeks and let the allegations play out. In the meantime swear Judge Cavanaugh to the open SCOTUS position.

Funny, how none of these allegations come out while he was in the Bush administration. Nope! Did these allegations come out during the confirmation for Federal Court Appointment? Nope! These allegations only come out after Judge Kavanaugh was nominated for SCOTUS position and the D's realize that can not stop the nomination. Dirty politics just like in Alabama just remember the accusations against the Republican Senate Challenger. Light Bulb, the Propagandists are working overtime! In America, a person is innocent until proven in a court of law. So where is the hard evidence to put Judge Cavanaugh in Jail. Oh, the individual wants to remain anonnamous. I bet they do because they would be lynched in the media. Even most of the media doubts the charges. Please explain why this issue is important to a Germany or the German people!


The E wrote:While it's perhaps no surprise that accusations of sexual misconduct won't find traction amongst conservatives (after all, if women's right to choose and consent were a factor in their thinking, they wouldn't be so staunchly opposed to both), here's something interesting: Mere hours after the story and its details broke, republicans were presenting a letter signed by 65 women who were in school at the same time as Kavanaugh attesting to his good character.
Now, several strange things here:
1. How many people do you know from your own high-school life?
I am 37. My school days are almost 2 decades ago, and outside of a few people, I can't really remember most of them; I can definitely not attest to anyone's character in sufficient detail to matter.
2. How many people who went to other schools can you claim to know well enough to give a testament of character about?
Because that's what happened here: 65 women, who went to other schools at the same time as Kavanaugh signed this letter (Kavanaugh being enrolled in a boys-only school at the time).

So basically, all that amounts to a statement of "well, he hasn't raped us". That's some great exoneration, truly one for the ages.
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by The E   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

smr wrote:What is the accusation or allegation exactly not what is reported? Should not a person know what exactly is being alleged before commenting on the subject. The FBI declined to investigate! What is the statue of limitations of the exact allegation(s)? What are the facts? Please, sit back and wait for the facts.


The fact of the matter is that it took less than a day from the story about the accusations breaking to republicans producing a document signed by 65 people that they claim serves as a testament to Kavanaughs' good character.

While it is certainly possible for things like that to happen organically, it is quite extraordinary, don't you think?

That's what I thought...you don't know diddly squat. Mr. Keyboard Warrior, programmed to respond at the latest SJW cause(s) or allegation(s). Take a few weeks and let the allegations play out. In the meantime swear Judge Cavanaugh to the open SCOTUS position.


Just from one keyboard warrior to the other: I know enough to make my arguments, and you don't have the intellectual capacity to respond to them with anything but ad hominems.

Funny, how none of these allegations come out while he was in the Bush administration.


Who was Kavanaugh back then? He was certainly not in a position even remotely close to the influence and prestige of a SCOTUS seat, that's for sure.

Nope! Did these allegations come out during the confirmation for Federal Court Appointment? Nope! These allegations only come out after Judge Kavanaugh was nominated for SCOTUS position and the D's realize that can not stop the nomination. Dirty politics just like in Alabama just remember the accusations against the Republican Senate Challenger.


Was he the documented and proven pedophile, or are you thinking of someone else?

Light Bulb, the Propagandists are working overtime! In America, a person is innocent until proven in a court of law. So where is the hard evidence to put Judge Cavanaugh in Jail. Oh, the individual wants to remain anonnamous. I bet they do because they would be lynched in the media. Even most of the media doubts the charges. Please explain why this issue is important to a Germany or the German people!


It isn't.

It is, however, of interest to me.

Say, smr, how exactly did you get the impression I was speaking on behalf of my entire country?
Top
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:54 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

The E wrote:
smr wrote:What is the accusation or allegation exactly not what is reported? Should not a person know what exactly is being alleged before commenting on the subject. The FBI declined to investigate! What is the statue of limitations of the exact allegation(s)? What are the facts? Please, sit back and wait for the facts.


The fact of the matter is that it took less than a day from the story about the accusations breaking to republicans producing a document signed by 65 people that they claim serves as a testament to Kavanaughs' good character.

While it is certainly possible for things like that to happen organically, it is quite extraordinary, don't you think?

That's what I thought...you don't know diddly squat. Mr. Keyboard Warrior, programmed to respond at the latest SJW cause(s) or allegation(s). Take a few weeks and let the allegations play out. In the meantime swear Judge Cavanaugh to the open SCOTUS position.


Just from one keyboard warrior to the other: I know enough to make my arguments, and you don't have the intellectual capacity to respond to them with anything but ad hominems.

Funny, how none of these allegations come out while he was in the Bush administration.


Who was Kavanaugh back then? He was certainly not in a position even remotely close to the influence and prestige of a SCOTUS seat, that's for sure.

Nope! Did these allegations come out during the confirmation for Federal Court Appointment? Nope! These allegations only come out after Judge Kavanaugh was nominated for SCOTUS position and the D's realize that can not stop the nomination. Dirty politics just like in Alabama just remember the accusations against the Republican Senate Challenger.


Was he the documented and proven pedophile, or are you thinking of someone else?

Light Bulb, the Propagandists are working overtime! In America, a person is innocent until proven in a court of law. So where is the hard evidence to put Judge Cavanaugh in Jail. Oh, the individual wants to remain anonnamous. I bet they do because they would be lynched in the media. Even most of the media doubts the charges. Please explain why this issue is important to a Germany or the German people!


It isn't.

It is, however, of interest to me.

Say, smr, how exactly did you get the impression I was speaking on behalf of my entire country?


Us conservatives don't presume that you speak for your entire country. However; the plethora of keyboard warriors such as yourself convince us that you are representative of the majority of Germans. This convinces us that you are not worth defending so we would want to withdraw from NATO even if the Cold War wasn't over. You Germans are on a demographic fast track to extinction. Importing African and Arab immigrants in an attempt to replace all of the babies that your women refuse to have is just accelerating the process. What few babies that are being born to ethnic German women are being sired by African and Arab immigrants because your women are smart enough to recognize who the new masters of Europe will be. We do not want to be bound by an entangling alliances when the feces impacts the rotating air circulation device.
Top

Return to Politics