Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:44 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Well, it appears that unsubstantiated allegations do indeed move the left. Good! Keep it up. The elections appear to be more and more red tinted. I wish you Canadians all the best! TTFN
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:02 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Well, it appears that unsubstantiated allegations do indeed move the left. Good! Keep it up. The elections appear to be more and more red tinted. I wish you Canadians all the best! TTFN

That's all you can come back with? Really? Your claims get shot down so you just cry "unsubstantiated allegations" and "Canadian" and slink off?
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:17 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Well, it appears that unsubstantiated allegations do indeed move the left. Good! Keep it up. The elections appear to be more and more red tinted. I wish you Canadians all the best! TTFN

That's all you can come back with? Really? Your claims get shot down so you just cry "unsubstantiated allegations" and "Canadian" and slink off?

Haven't been interested in persuading anyone on this forum for ages. Not interested in comebacks either. Just wanted to offer alternative opinions, period.

I'll be the first to admit no one on this forum can persuade me of anything, including that a particular bit of water is wet. I'll test it myself thank you very much. The leftists on this forum just don't share enough referents with me to have a meaningful dialogue.
My occaisional visits simply provide a sampling of the other sides POV.

So, yeah, enjoy Canada, I wish you the best and too bad your US fellow travelers are gonna have problems in the midterms.

ps. Feel free to ignore anything I post moving forward, won't hurt my feelings.
Post by Daryl   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:50 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I'm not a Canadian, but from a similar country, so will add my external view (unwelcome as it may be).
The whole messy saga has a number of less than stellar actions illustrated. The Democrats have been somewhat desperate in bringing up 30+ year old student indiscretions.

What has struck me though is that Kavanaugh demonstrated that he is unsuitable for minor roles, let alone a pivotable position in the Supreme Court. The man is an incompetent goose.
Good luck US citizens, you will need it.
Post by The E   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:24 am

The E
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:

It's a bit of a pattern, isn't it. Say something easily debunkable, get debunked, go all "lol, I'm just trolling"....

And, of course, then wonder why normal people are hostile to them.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:25 am

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
gcomeau wrote:That's all you can come back with? Really? Your claims get shot down so you just cry "unsubstantiated allegations" and "Canadian" and slink off?

Haven't been interested in persuading anyone on this forum for ages. Not interested in comebacks either. Just wanted to offer alternative opinions, period.

I'll be the first to admit no one on this forum can persuade me of anything, including that a particular bit of water is wet. I'll test it myself thank you very much.

Except you didn't did you? Testing it isn't what you're interested in.

The interview is publicly available. you could have tested what she said in it. But you didn't.

Her sworn statement is publicly available. You could have tested what she said in it. But you didn't.

No, what you wanted to do is just come in here, make totally unchecked claims about what both of them contained based on whatever you heard in whatever right wing echo chamber you like to have tell you things you like hearing and then when you got called on the fact that it was bullshit instead of dealing with it you just toss off a "I'm not interested in minds being changed I'm just here to say stuff you foreigner" and run away.

So don't try to feed me any BS line about how you'll "test it yourself". We just saw you put on display how totally uninterested in doing that you are. But you're in good company with the other resident Trump folks, seems like a pattern with you guys.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:35 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:That's all you can come back with? Really? Your claims get shot down so you just cry "unsubstantiated allegations" and "Canadian" and slink off?
PeterZ wrote:Haven't been interested in persuading anyone on this forum for ages. Not interested in comebacks either. Just wanted to offer alternative opinions, period.

I'll be the first to admit no one on this forum can persuade me of anything, including that a particular bit of water is wet. I'll test it myself thank you very much.
gcomeau wrote:
Except you didn't did you? Testing it isn't what you're interested in.

The interview is publicly available. you could have tested what she said in it. But you didn't.

Her sworn statement is publicly available. You could have tested what she said in it. But you didn't.

No, what you wanted to do is just come in here, make totally unchecked claims about what both of them contained based on whatever you heard in whatever right wing echo chamber you like to have tell you things you like hearing and then when you got called on the fact that it was bullshit instead of dealing with it you just toss off a "I'm not interested in minds being changed I'm just here to say stuff you foreigner" and run away.

So don't try to feed me any BS line about how you'll "test it yourself". We just saw you put on display how totally uninterested in doing that you are. But you're in good company with the other resident Trump folks, seems like a pattern with you guys.

I don't care how you come to your opinions. I don't care what you think of me or how I come to my opinions. I've heard enough of them to know without a doubt we will never agree on anything truly important to me. So your only value to me is as a barometer of Progressive opinion and as a constant reminder of the political opposition that needs to be defeated. My only comfort where you are concerned is that you can't vote in the US national elections.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:40 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:I don't care how you come to your opinions. I don't care what you think of me or how I come to my opinions. I've heard enough of them to know without a doubt we will never agree on anything truly important to me. So your only value to me is as a barometer of Progressive opinion and as a constant reminder of the political opposition that needs to be defeated. My only comfort where you are concerned is that you can't vote in the US national elections.

Summary: "Facts don't matter. Reality doesn't matter. Truth doesn't matter. I only care you disagree with me so your views have to be beaten!"

Yup. Trump supporter in a nutshell. You must get along great with smr and TFLY.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:43 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:I'm not a Canadian, but from a similar country, so will add my external view (unwelcome as it may be).
The whole messy saga has a number of less than stellar actions illustrated. The Democrats have been somewhat desperate in bringing up 30+ year old student indiscretions.

What has struck me though is that Kavanaugh demonstrated that he is unsuitable for minor roles, let alone a pivotable position in the Supreme Court. The man is an incompetent goose.

Indiscretions that have no corroborating evidence. Yet, that's enough for you to believe them and refer to what Justice Kavanaugh has been accused of as youthful indiscretions. He didn't do anything, Daryl, yet you accept the accusations as true.
Not going to visit Canada or Australia anytime soon given the prevalent mindset. I suspect to the contentment of all concerned.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
Daryl wrote:I'm not a Canadian, but from a similar country, so will add my external view (unwelcome as it may be).

Indiscretions that have no corroborating evidence.

Sworn witness testimony is considered corroborating evidence in any courtroom.

Return to Politics