Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:51 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:I don't care how you come to your opinions. I don't care what you think of me or how I come to my opinions. I've heard enough of them to know without a doubt we will never agree on anything truly important to me. So your only value to me is as a barometer of Progressive opinion and as a constant reminder of the political opposition that needs to be defeated. My only comfort where you are concerned is that you can't vote in the US national elections.
gcomeau wrote:
Summary: "Facts don't matter. Reality doesn't matter. Truth doesn't matter. I only care you disagree with me so your views have to be beaten!"

Yup. Trump supporter in a nutshell. You must get along great with smr and TFLY.

Facts do matter. Evidence does matter. You proggies ignore both at your convenience. With Kavanaugh you insist on a criminal investigation absent ANY corroborating evidence for any of the accusations. Dr. Ford's testimony wasn't enough to issue a warrant on, yet you insist on not only a 7th background check but a criminal investigation. That's the only way they could have dug deep enough to uncover more useful information.

Believe what you like. Blather as much as you want. Heck, I'll just step back and let you have the floor to express yourself as vociferously as your heart desires. Carry on....
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:55 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
PeterZ wrote:I don't care how you come to your opinions. I don't care what you think of me or how I come to my opinions. I've heard enough of them to know without a doubt we will never agree on anything truly important to me. So your only value to me is as a barometer of Progressive opinion and as a constant reminder of the political opposition that needs to be defeated. My only comfort where you are concerned is that you can't vote in the US national elections.
gcomeau wrote:
Summary: "Facts don't matter. Reality doesn't matter. Truth doesn't matter. I only care you disagree with me so your views have to be beaten!"

Yup. Trump supporter in a nutshell. You must get along great with smr and TFLY.

Facts do matter. Evidence does matter. You proggies ignore both at your convenience.

I'm not the one who was making up claims about what was contained in the interview and sworn statement of one of the accusers.

That was you.

With Kavanaugh you insist on a criminal investigation absent ANY corroborating evidence for any of the accusations.

Do you not understand how this process works? you get the evidence FROM the investigation. It goes:

Accusation ---> Investigation ---> Evidence.

Then based on what evidence is produced BY THE INVESTIGATION, prosecute or don't prosecute.

If you needed the be able to show all the evidence of guilt beyond a victim saying they were attacked by someone BEFORE investigating it almost every criminal in the country would get off scott free you freaking genius.

Dr. Ford's testimony wasn't enough to issue a warrant on,

But is is MORE THAN ENOUGH to begin an investigation on. And you don't need a freaking warrant to talk to witnesses who are ASKING to be allowed to talk to you.

Your continued refusal to deal with the basic realities of how this all works is pathetic.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:I'm not a Canadian, but from a similar country, so will add my external view (unwelcome as it may be).
The whole messy saga has a number of less than stellar actions illustrated. The Democrats have been somewhat desperate in bringing up 30+ year old student indiscretions.

What has struck me though is that Kavanaugh demonstrated that he is unsuitable for minor roles, let alone a pivotable position in the Supreme Court. The man is an incompetent goose.
Good luck US citizens, you will need it.
PeterZ wrote:Indiscretions that have no corroborating evidence.
gcomeau wrote:
Sworn witness testimony is considered corroborating evidence in any courtroom.

What testimony corroborated Dr. Ford?
There were simply several different accusations and none of them were corroborated beyond hearsay...if that. As I recall Ms. Remirez had one person provide such hearsay testimony.

Sorry proggy, nothing was corroborated. There was simply multiple uncorroborated accusations heaped on an innocent man.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:

No, I don't want to beat your views. They will die in the face of reality. I want to defeat candidate supporting your views at the ballot box.

I will add one more thing you provide me...entertainment. I find it amusing that a proggy canuck needs to promote his views on a foreign country to those foreign citizens. It must be awful to devote so much of yourself trying to influence something you are impotent in influencing? Not even a single vote to cast....sigh.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:15 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
Daryl wrote:I'm not a Canadian, but from a similar country, so will add my external view (unwelcome as it may be).
The whole messy saga has a number of less than stellar actions illustrated. The Democrats have been somewhat desperate in bringing up 30+ year old student indiscretions.

What has struck me though is that Kavanaugh demonstrated that he is unsuitable for minor roles, let alone a pivotable position in the Supreme Court. The man is an incompetent goose.
Good luck US citizens, you will need it.
PeterZ wrote:Indiscretions that have no corroborating evidence.
gcomeau wrote:
Sworn witness testimony is considered corroborating evidence in any courtroom.

What testimony corroborated Dr. Ford?

Swetnick had a corroborating witness to Kavanaugh's conduct at those parties that swore out a statement.

Of course the GOP refused to allow that to be heard in the hearing, or to allow the FBI to contact and speak to them.

Additionally, the sworn statement of a victim themselves is also considered evidence in ANY courtroom.

There were simply several different accusations and none of them were corroborated beyond hearsay...if that.

As I recall Ms. Remirez had one person provide such hearsay testimony.

Sorry proggy, nothing was corroborated.

Yes, it was. As I just pointed out.

As for whether it would have become MORE corroborated, that would have required AN INVESTIGATION to find out. An investigation which was blocked from being properly performed.

There is only one real reason you block law enforcement from looking into something Peter, and you damn well know it isn't "because you know they'll find out how totally innocent your guy is and tell everyone and we can't have that!!!!"

Here, deal with this one...

Kavanaugh swore under oath he only heard about the Ramirez accusation from the press when the story broke.

The press broke that story in September.

It came out that he was texting Yale classmates trying to get their stories straight to discredit Ramirez in July, thanks to one of those Yale classmates going public with it. So he perjured himself while he was denying these accusations to the Senate, and we know it. And he's the only one we KNOW perjured himself.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Yup, a victim's statement is evidence. Dr. Ford has documented her shifting recollection of events in various sources from her therapist's note released to the newspapers to the worn statement to the senate committee. Those therapists notes were not however released to the Senate since that would require their consistency and veracity to be subject to perjury.

So yes, testimony is evidence, but uncorroborrated. When you add the ebsence of specifics, there is NO WAY that accusations can be proven wrong.
Dr. Ford can't provide a place or time for the assault. The people she places at the scene deny they were there. Everyone of them, including her lifelong friend. So, Justice Kavanaugh can't even disprove her claims by saying he wasn't there. She doesn't know where there was or when then was. She cannot prove anything because she cannot recall enough details. She doesn't know how she got there or how she got home. She doesn't recall mentioning her assault to anyone at that time. She left her friend there to the predatory attentions of boys she claimed assaulted her without even a warning. The only thing she remembers is that Kavanaugh assaulted her and she had 1 beer.

Ms. Swetnick reminds me too much of the Duke LaCross team, that UVA fraternity and Tawana Brawly. Her story doesn't add up and I don't believe anyone Michael Avenati has prepped. Ms. Remirez was locked away in Bloulder for 6 days getting prepped by the previous Democrat AG of Colorado. Prior to the witness prep, Ms. Remirez did not recall whpo flashed her. Afterwards, she became sure it was Justice Kavanaugh.

Please feel free to express yourself as you see fit. These accusations are hit jobs. The only one I am semi-willing to give the benefit of the dount to is Dr. Ford. Somehting may indeed have happened to her. I don't believe it was Justice Kavanaugh that did it to her. So, ultimately beginning an investigation that will destroy a person's life and reputation based on that BS amounts to a hit job.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Why did they block law enforcement from investigating if they thought they would find him innocent Peter? If they thought the FBI would come back and reassure the entire country that the guy they were giving a lifetime appointment to the most powerful court in the country was all clear and good to go, why did they block them from looking into it?

Answer that one. Rationally.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:14 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Why did they block law enforcement from investigating if they thought they would find him innocent Peter? If they thought the FBI would come back and reassure the entire country that the guy they were giving a lifetime appointment to the most powerful court in the country was all clear and good to go, why did they block them from looking into it?

They didn't. They did look into it. They did not find the accusations credible. They had 30 years of professional public service to review. They had 6 other background checks to evaluate in addition to this current Senate testimony. The combined body of information did not support even a suggestion that such activity was a part of Justice Kavanaugh's repertoire of habits. These accusations were so far outside the parameters of all those exhaustive background checks that they are not credible.

Progggies will accept anything that supports their prejudice. They will forsake any principle that will promote their political goals. This is the view that independents are coming to, enough of them to cost the proggy controlled Dems the election. Dems are not gaining jack squat in the midterms. Not the House, not the senate and certainly not any significant number of governorships if any at all.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:25 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Why did they block law enforcement from investigating if they thought they would find him innocent Peter? If they thought the FBI would come back and reassure the entire country that the guy they were giving a lifetime appointment to the most powerful court in the country was all clear and good to go, why did they block them from looking into it?

They didn't. They did look into it.

They didn't talk to Swetnick.

They didn't talk to her witness.

They didn't talk to at least TWENTY other witnesses that were named or came forward on their won and were turned away.

They were given orders from the White House that limited what they were allwed to look at.

They. Did. Not. Investigate. Because they were not permitted to.

Why were they not permitted to Peter?
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:

gcomeau wrote:They didn't. They did look into it.

They didn't talk to Swetnick.

They didn't talk to her witness.

They didn't talk to at least TWENTY other witnesses that were named or came forward on their won and were turned away.

They were given orders from the White House that limited what they were allwed to look at.

They. Did. Not. Investigate. Because they were not permitted to.

Why were they not permitted to Peter?

Sorry Avenati's protoge was not credible from the get go. NBC could not corroborate her account from the list of witnesses she gave. NBC said as much. Remirez only remembered Kavanaugh as her flasher AFTER her 6 day witness prep with a political operative. Not before.

The accusations were not credible. Giving them credence only abuses the justice system to achieve political goals. Voters are NOT falling for it. Dignifying non credible public accusations with a public investigation only serves to drag an innocent man's name through the mud. You don't care since it would promote your political goals. Many of us find that sort of ditry politics disgraceful and typical of proggy extremists.

Return to Politics