Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by smr   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:50 am

smr
Vice Admiral

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... n-n2534477

Told you so! That's 2 woman referred to DOJ for lying!
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Joat42 wrote:I didn't say that, I pointed out that you have already made your mind up. If everyone does that there will be no room for discussion or compromise.

I haven't made my mind up; it's just that their past behavior leads me to have certain expectations. Maybe they'll surprise me.
Post by Eyal   » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:46 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:Ayal, Annachie, Gcomeau, and Joat42 would you file charges based on the evidence presented? I ask you be a neutral observer and take out your individual political beliefs and make a decision based on the evidence. Now, remember. Mrs. Ford makes the accusation of sexual assault and 3 different witnesses do not remember her at the party. Two, recovered members are highly suspect in a court of law. Three, the inconsistent testimony of Mrs. Ford and changing nature of her testimony.

No, I don't think there's enough evidence to charge him, leaving aside issues of statutes of limitation. But regardless of the truth of the allegations, his conduct during the hearings show him as unfit to be confirmed.

Two examples pertaining to specifically legal matters:
1) His argument that it was legal for him to drink in HS, which it wasn't. The minimum drinking age in Maryland was raised from 18 to 21 while he was 17 - people who were already 18-21 at the time were grandfathered in, but he was younger.
2) He seems to have trouble distinguishing between "contradicted" and "Failed to corroborate)

Neither of these would be a big deal for a layman, but for someone being considered for an SC seat...

smr wrote:https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/11/02/kavanaugh-accuser-i-made-things-up-to-get-attention-n2534477

Told you so! That's 2 woman referred to DOJ for lying!

I wouldn't be so triumphant.

That letter was considered fairly uncredible even by Kavanaugh's critics because it was so out of line with other accusations against him. Furthermore, as I understand the letter hasn't even been ruled out by this referral because Munro-Leighton didn't admit to faking the letter, she admitted to claiming she was the author - so it doesn't actually speak to the accusation's veracity.
Post by smr   » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:11 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

RBG is supposedly out by January 22, 2019 due to Medical problems. Recently, RBG had another serious fall that cracked 6 ribs and caused other complications. So let's take a moment of silence and/or prayer for her health. I wonder what the Demoncrats are going to try with this next SCOTUS appointment.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

That will be interesting, because Trump will be out around the same day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:07 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Annachie wrote:That will be interesting, because Trump will be out around the same day.

Care to make a wager on that prediction about Trump being out! Whoever wins donates a $100 to the Red Cross that is if Annachie believes in that declaration or is Annachie just trolling?
Post by Annachie   » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:15 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I'd love to make a wager, but several uncles tought me, the hard way, you never bet what you can't afford to lose, and I can't afford to lose anything :(

(One also taught me that alcoholics should not buy a pub :) )

They might delay until feb, but I truely suspect that the GOP will dump Trump not long after the mid point in his term.
Even if they have to try and 25th amendment him.
I think the Dem's would have to go along with it because, objectionable as his policies would be, Pence is at least competant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:57 pm

TFLYTSNBN

smr wrote:RBG is supposedly out by January 22, 2019 due to Medical problems. Recently, RBG had another serious fall that cracked 6 ribs and caused other complications. So let's take a moment of silence and/or prayer for her health. I wonder what the Demoncrats are going to try with this next SCOTUS appointment.

I am sending RBG a big bunch of bananas in the hope that she will slip on a banana peel.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:59 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:I'd love to make a wager, but several uncles tought me, the hard way, you never bet what you can't afford to lose, and I can't afford to lose anything :(

They might delay until feb, but I truely suspect that the GOP will dump Trump not long after the mid point in his term.
I think the Dem's would have to go along with it because, objectionable as his policies would be, Pence is at least competant.

My bet is that when RBG takes her fatal fall, Trump will nominate VP Pence to be on SCOTUS. This will enable Trump to nominate Governor Palin to be his VP. Once VP Palin is confirmed, Trump will resign.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Putting the pig with lipstick in would complete the farce.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Annachie wrote:I'd love to make a wager, but several uncles tought me, the hard way, you never bet what you can't afford to lose, and I can't afford to lose anything :(

My bet is that when RBG takes her fatal fall, Trump will nominate VP Pence to be on SCOTUS. This will enable Trump to nominate Governor Palin to be his VP. Once VP Palin is confirmed, Trump will resign.

Return to Politics