Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 am

gcomeau
Admiral

ywing14 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:This is overlooking the mindset of the average person who has engaged in such behaviour. That it was drunken partying and everyone was doing it and surely the girl really wanted to participate whatever her protestations and it definitely wasn't them doing anything *wrong*.

Asked a generic "have you committed a felony?" question under those conditions I would have no surprise at him passing.

Ask him "did this specific incident ever occur?" on the other hand...

Well you can say that about any question. A polygraph is only as good as the questions and the Polygrapher.

Which was my point.

Before this any polygraph administrator would have had no idea to ask about this. And generalized questions are of extremely limited utility.

I've seen plenty of people get hemmed up on the felony question.

Sure, I'm guessing generally people with acute self-awareness of the felony they committed who have it on their mind while they are being questioned. Case in point:

We had a guy who confessed to being involved in an armed robbery.

Yeah... pretty sure that guy hadn't managed to convince himself that he hadn't actually done anything wrong committing armed robbery. And that he very very clearly remembered he had done it when it was question time and was on edge about it.

I have a serious doubt that applied to Kavanaugh during any previous polygraphs he was administered.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:00 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick...Boom

This is election season...their will a series of booms until election day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8epv1Y25XA

The Silent Majority has come to battle expect many casualties. We will take your arrows, our ranks will thin and We will engage. Victory will be measured come election day. This is nothing more than a SMOKESCREEN covering the enemies movement.

This one is for TheE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P83DMziX1gA

Cavanaugh will probably be the next SCOTUS appointment.

:roll:

Do you never get tired of empty conspiratorial pronouncements and argument-by-youtube?
Post by ywing14   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

So you think he’s a sociopath, doesn’t actually remember the incident, or didn’t think he’s conduct was wrong?
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:26 am

gcomeau
Admiral

ywing14 wrote:So you think he’s a sociopath, doesn’t actually remember the incident, or didn’t think he’s conduct was wrong?

I'm pretty sure I already said exactly what I think 2 posts ago? As a refresher:

"This is overlooking the mindset of the average person who has engaged in such behaviour. That it was drunken partying and everyone was doing it and surely the girl really wanted to participate whatever her protestations and it definitely wasn't them doing anything *wrong*.

Asked a generic "have you committed a felony?" question under those conditions I would have no surprise at him passing.

Post by smr   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:05 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Music to the ears, Gcomeau is crying and whining about an alleged incident that the statue of limitations has long ago expired...36 years! Where is the proof? Let me explain: Here in America a person his innocent until proven guilty. Yes like HRC is innocent until proven guilty in court of law that same standard applies to Judge Cavanaugh or are just a complete Hypocrit! :lol: Yes I can turn your own arguments back on you.

gcomeau wrote:
ywing14 wrote:So you think he’s a sociopath, doesn’t actually remember the incident, or didn’t think he’s conduct was wrong?

I'm pretty sure I already said exactly what I think 2 posts ago? As a refresher:

"This is overlooking the mindset of the average person who has engaged in such behaviour. That it was drunken partying and everyone was doing it and surely the girl really wanted to participate whatever her protestations and it definitely wasn't them doing anything *wrong*.

Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:09 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Music to the ears, Gcomeau is crying and whining about an alleged incident that the statue of limitations has long ago expired...36 years! Where is the proof? Let me explain: Here in America a person his innocent until proven guilty. Yes like HRC is innocent until proven guilty in court of law that same standard applies to Judge Cavanaugh or are just a complete Hypocrit! :lol: Yes I can turn your own arguments back on you.

Your complete and utter inability to engage in rational discourse is just embarrassing.

1. There is no statute of limitation on felony sexual assault in Maryland.

2. Even if there was whether he could be criminally prosecuted for it has NOTHING TO DO with whether it is relevant to him getting a lifetime Supreme Court appointment you clueless wonder.

3. Yes, people are innocent until proven guilty. You know how we go about deciding if he can be proven guilty? AN INVESTIGATION. Which is what is being called for here, not his immediate freaking incarceration. You know, like the GOP investigated Clinton for year after year after year after year and never turned up anything?

4. You didn't turn crap all back on me, you just made a fool of yourself. As usual.
Post by smr   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

NO physical evidence. The other witness denies that he was there. She can not even recall the date. She claims that it was a recovered memory. Do you know how unreliable that is? The Democrats have a history of doing this type of hatchet job not to mention all the shenanigans that tried in the hearings. She and Judge Cavanaugh's family has a history together? His mother ruled on her parents bankruptcy in about 1997. Do you need the case number? Take it to court...what if this was you being accused? How do you clear your good name. Do you automatically assume a Republican is evil and every Democrat is good? Either your trolling, just plain crazy, or both. I stand by my statement you are a hypocrite! You make Alex Jones sound rational that's hard to beat!

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Music to the ears, Gcomeau is crying and whining about an alleged incident that the statue of limitations has long ago expired...36 years! Where is the proof? Let me explain: Here in America a person his innocent until proven guilty. Yes like HRC is innocent until proven guilty in court of law that same standard applies to Judge Cavanaugh or are just a complete Hypocrite! :lol: Yes I can turn your own arguments back on you.

Your complete and utter inability to engage in rational discourse is just embarrassing.

1. There is no statute of limitation on felony sexual assault in Maryland.

2. Even if there was whether he could be criminally prosecuted for it has NOTHING TO DO with whether it is relevant to him getting a lifetime Supreme Court appointment you clueless wonder.

3. Yes, people are innocent until proven guilty. You know how we go about deciding if he can be proven guilty? AN INVESTIGATION. Which is what is being called for here, not his immediate freaking incarceration. You know, like the GOP investigated Clinton for year after year after year after year and never turned up anything?

4. You didn't turn crap all back on me, you just made a fool of yourself. As usual.
Post by noblehunter   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:28 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Please cite where she said it was a recovered memory.
Post by smr   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:13 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

It was reported that recovered the memory in couples therapy in 2005.

noblehunter wrote:Please cite where she said it was a recovered memory.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:46 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:NO physical evidence. The other witness denies that he was there.

Then let him do that under oath.

She can not even recall the date.

That is hardly surprising given the elapsed time.

She claims that it was a recovered memory. Do you know how unreliable that is?

Cite where she said it was a recovered memory. Please do not confuse right wing blogs saying it was a recovered memory with her saying it. All I have seen is right wing sources claiming it was a recovered memory.

Show me where *she* or her records said that. The closest I have seen is that during therapy she came to a better understanding of the impact on her life the trauma had had. Not that memory of the event had been "recovered".

And FFS, even if you think it WAS "recovered" memory you would be admitting this was NOT a hatchet job on a Supreme Court nominee if the recovery happened 6 freaking years ago and was documented at the time!!!! So make up your mind what BS story it is you want to claim is going on here.

The Democrats have a history of doing this type of hatchet job not to mention all the shenanigans that tried in the hearings.

If you are referring to Thomas, that was not a "hatchet job".

She and Judge Cavanaugh's family has a history together? His mother ruled on her parents bankruptcy in about 1997. Do you need the case number?

I don't give a crap. Still.

Take it to court...what if this was you being accused? How do you clear your good name.

You just said how. Court/investigation.

Do you automatically assume a Republican is evil and every Democrat is good?

And here comes the obligatory persecution complex.

No smr, what I KNOW is that statistically speaking having a woman come forward with an accusation like this and it end up being the case that she made it up is EXCEEDINGLY rare. Because she has no real incentive. She didn;t even want to go public until it got leaked because she knew she would be villified by the right. She has received death threats. She has had to move her family out of their home and put security on them.

And here you are, crying a river over Kavanaugh.

You're worried about the wrong person. You know... if you're a human being with a sense of compassion and empathy at least.

Return to Politics