Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

CO2 sanity

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: CO2 sanity
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:Yeah, see, I can read graphs. And those graphs there show a slow but steady trend of temperatures climbing upwards.

Do you also believe that hundreds of greedy, short-sighted, self-important politicians, ignorant of the science, will impose any GOOD solutions on the world by force?

I don't.

They are too busy campaigning for their next elections to spare time for learning about the science, or the economic impacts of their simplistic 'solutions' to an issue even the scientists don't fully understand.

And their bad solutions, once imposed, can't be undone because they would have to admit their mistakes. They can't afford to look stupid even when they are stupid. Look at all the idiotic laws we've got already.

Hey, I just got promoted!
———————————
Complex questions never have simple answers. Hell, most simple questions don't have simple answers.
Post by Eyal   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

TFLYTSNBN wrote:You really, really aren stuck on that appeal to authority arent you. Notban originsl thought in your head except to spew insults.

Do you know what an appeal to authority fallacy actually means?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:37 am

TFLYTSNBN

Eyal wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:You really, really aren stuck on that appeal to authority arent you. Notban originsl thought in your head except to spew insults.

Do you know what an appeal to authority fallacy actually means?

Of course I do.

I learned while taking a course in logic.
The Professor who was in the Philosophy Department requested that I teach the sections on Probability Theory.

The presumption that the "authorities" must be right and cannot be questioned because they have been published in peer reviewed journals is antithetical to science. Just ask Svevante Aarhenius who found it nearly impossible to get his PhD thesis on electrochemistry published. He should have gotten the Noble prize for it.

We now have PAL REVIEWED journals on "Climate Science" whose bigotry goes far beyond anything that Aarehenius could have imagined.
Last edited by TFLYTSNBN on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:44 am

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The thing I'm stuck on is your hypocrosy, dishonesty, arrogance and hostility. You really are a troll.

Remind me when I was actively being hypocritical or dishonest. I'll wait.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just in case anyone can interpret a graph, notice the 15 year pause in warming.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/02/01/ ... arm-years/

Note that classical AGW theology predicted that temperatures would rise rather than remain constant.

Yeah, see, I can read graphs. And those graphs there show a slow but steady trend of temperatures climbing upwards.

Except AGW Theology insisted that the huge increase in CO2 emissions would result in massive temperature increases rather than the pause. They actually felt compelled to fabricate more "research" that suggested that all of the excess heat went into the oceans. There own ARGO data refuted that excuse. Unfortunately; people like you bought that BS because they could "read a graph" but are to stupid and lazy to do the math so that they can actually understand the graph.

My own theory is the excess heat went up Al Gore's rectum.
Post by The E   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:47 pm

The E
Admiral

Look at you not understanding how Science works.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:27 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:Look at you not understanding how Science works.

Okay dumkopf.

Go look up the ARGO data with the scary looking graph ofthe increase in Ocean Thermal Energy Content.

What percentage of total ocean heat content is this heat buildup equivalent to?

What is the corresponding change in average ocean temperature?

How many days worth of global insulation is that heat accumulation Equivalent to?

Averaged over a fifteen year pause, how many Watts per square meter difference in IR flux can that account for?

What would the increase in Earth's temperature have been if that much heat had not been accumulating in the oceans.

Please, do the math rather than post nasty insults or have a toddler temper tantrum.
Post by chuckpeterson   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:46 pm

chuckpeterson
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is a colorless gas with a density about 60% higher than that of dry air.
As the source of available carbon in the carbon cycle, atmospheric carbon dioxide is the primary carbon source for life on Earth.

CO2 is produced by all aerobic organisms when they metabolize carbohydrates and lipids to produce energy by respiration. It is returned to water via the gills of fish and to the air via the lungs of air-breathing land animals, including humans.

[i]Carbon dioxide is produced during the processes of decay of organic materials and the fermentation of sugars in bread, beer and wine making.

It is a versatile industrial material, used, for example, as an inert gas in welding and fire extinguishers, as a pressurizing gas in air guns and oil recovery, as a chemical feedstock and as a supercritical fluid solvent in decaffeination of coffee. It is added to drinking water and carbonated beverages including beer and sparkling wine to add effervescence. The frozen solid form of CO2, known as dry ice is used as a refrigerant and as an abrasive in dry-ice blasting.

Carbon dioxide is the most significant long-lived greenhouse gas in Earth's atmosphere.– primarily from use of fossil fuels and deforestation – have rapidly increased its concentration in the atmosphere, leading to global warming. Carbon dioxide also causes ocean acidification because it dissolves in water to form carbonic acid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide

NOTE: Plants breath in CO2 and exhale oxygen. Humans and other “animals” breath in oxygen and exhale CO2. One cannot survive without the other.

I believe many here are confused between (CO2) and Carbon monoxide (CO)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aristotle (384–322 BC) first recorded that burning coals produced toxic fumes. An ancient method of execution was to shut the criminal in a bathing room with smoldering coals. What was not known was the mechanism of death.
Carbon monoxide was also used on a large scale during the Holocaust at some Nazi German extermination camps, the most notable by gas vans in Chełmno, and in the Action T4 "euthanasia" program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide

CO2 pro or con should not be our primary concern today.
What we should be concerned about is OIL. The world has about 30-40 years left before all the known oil supplies (reserves) are sucked up and gone!!

Renewable energy should be our prime focus before it’s too late !!!!
Post by chuckpeterson   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:55 pm

chuckpeterson
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

People can blame climate change on this and that until hell freezes over and then finally; we all may be able to agree on one thing; our climate has been changing since day one and will continue to change way after we are all gone; now you can take this to the bank

As I said earlier, the end of oil is upon us & this is for real

I am inclined to start a topic on, Oil all gone---what next--?

:o
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:30 pm

TFLYTSNBN

chuckpeterson wrote:People can blame climate change on this and that until hell freezes over and then finally; we all may be able to agree on one thing; our climate has been changing since day one and will continue to change way after we are all gone; now you can take this to the bank

As I said earlier, the end of oil is upon us & this is for real

I am inclined to start a topic on, Oil all gone---what next--?

:o

Reminds me of a scene from an episode of My World and Welcome to it. The little comedy series starred William Windom who also played Matt Decker in THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE as a cartoonist. He is getting rediculed by some old timer desert rate who teases him, "do you think that its going to rain." Windom replies, "eventually, it will."

Eventually the coal and oil and natural gas will run out. When that happens, we better have something else that is abundant, reliable and cost effective to replace it. It can't be some boondoggle such as current technology solar panels and windmills that only the wealthy can afford with government subsidies.. We are far more likely to have that alternative energy supply if we continue to have a vibrantl expanding GLOBAL ECONOMY rather than impoverish the human race with a rationing of fossil fuels.

Nuclear fission could and should be that alternative energy supply. Unfortunately; the nuclear power industry was assasinated by fraudulent publicity, particularly about the alleged longevity of nuclear wastes. The Chernobyl disaster which was a result of the USSR violating Edward Teller's prohibition on building pisitive void nuclear reactors then Japan's Fukushima disaster filled in the grave. Interestingly; General Electric, the same company that developed and marketed the Boiling Water Reactor is the same company demanding subsidies and mandates to create a phony market for its windmills.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Depending on the application, solar panels are already competitive. Granted that storage remains a problem, but we already have smelters and such being built with adjacent solar farms, by hard headed business people seeking to lower costs.
What I found to be interesting is how they are now distributing to African villages; small units consisting of a solar panel, battery, single led light and usb port. They get a light in their grass hut, and can charge their phone and tablet. Only a small fraction of the power we first worlders demand, but a big step up for them.

Return to Politics