Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

CO2 sanity

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: CO2 sanity
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Donnachaidh wrote:I have to say, creepy and lecherous comments like this make me look forward to you being banned again.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:...[snip]
I must confess that I would favor a bit of global warming if it would trigger a revival in Minoan women's fashions.

Just to help you visualize a warmer world.

https://www.google.com/search?q=minoan+ ... 24&bih=768

Now put aside your pseudopuritanical outrage and ask yourself why the climate was so much warmer.

Time to go read Paul Anderson's THE DANCERS OF ATLANTIS, again.
Post by Daryl   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:40 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I've been in the Mediterranean when the temperature was above 40 degrees. Didn't see any topless women, but it was more than hot enough. Every year they seem to have new record highs, just as we (on the opposite side of the world) do.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

You're just off putting, go back to whatever troll hole you were in for the last few years.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Donnachaidh wrote:I have to say, creepy and lecherous comments like this make me look forward to you being banned again.

Just to help you visualize a warmer world.

https://www.google.com/search?q=minoan+ ... 24&bih=768

Now put aside your pseudopuritanical outrage and ask yourself why the climate was so much warmer.

Time to go read Paul Anderson's THE DANCERS OF ATLANTIS, again.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:40 am

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:I've been in the Mediterranean when the temperature was above 40 degrees. Didn't see any topless women, but it was more than hot enough. Every year they seem to have new record highs, just as we (on the opposite side of the world) do.

Lets face reality. Birth rates in Europe are imploding. They are having a demographic implosion. Their population pyramids have been inverted. The women are on average getting much older. Europe's women are beginning to look more like Angela Merkel than Princess Diana. As formidable as Angela Merkel's Weapons of Mass Distraction might have become, I do not want to see her naked again.

As for the issue of new temperature records.
Even if we were not experiencing climate change, probability theory reveals that we would inevitably be setting new temperature records, either lower or higher. Europe probably has reasonably accurate temperature records for may be 200 years. That means that by random chance you have one chance in two hundred of setting a new record on anyngiven day. Does not seem like much of a chance except that you roll that 200 sided temperature record dice 365 times year.

If you have a good calculator, punch in .995^365 and see what answer you get.
Now take that probability number and run the calculation again for 1,000 reporting stations.
((.995)^365)^1,000

My "lecherous" comments about Minoan fashions were intended to make the point that European civilizations have been at their peak when temperatures were warmer. The best available temperature reconstructions suggest that the Minoan as well as Greek, Egyptian, Persian (Asia not Europe) Indian (Asian, not American) and Chinese civilizations were all at a peak during the Minoan warm period. Ditto for the Roman warming and the Midevil warming.

Global cooling is associated with civilizations declining. The Thera explosion that destroyed the Minoan empire did not seriously impact other Mediterranean cultures directly. However; the global cooling that followed (not neccessarilly as a result) caused very serious population declines world wide. There is no known catostrophic geological event that coincides with the end of the Roman warm period, but the cooling was catastrophic for everyone. Those barbarian hoardes that sacked Rome were on the move because the climate had seriously reduced their food supply.

Take a look at food production in tropical Asia. Their crop yields per acre or hectacre are huge, and the get two or three crops per year. The only limiting factor is water and you will notice few deserts in the equitorial zone. Deserts are a sub tropical or even temperate zone phenomenon.

Now consider all of the alternative techniques that could be used to mitigate Gloabal Warming if it really is a serious problem. We can cool climate simply enough by injecting certain aerosols in the air to reflect incoming sun light. We can probably (need some real climate scientists rather than charlatins with a political agenda to do the math) modify the climate of Europe and the Mediterranean by flooding the Quatarra depression. Ditto for the dead sea although doing it is more difficult.

I actually do favor energy effeciency when it is truly cost effective but the recent proposal for a $260 tax on gasoline demonstrates the insanity of the AGW theologisns.
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Daryl wrote:I've been in the Mediterranean when the temperature was above 40 degrees. Didn't see any topless women, but it was more than hot enough. Every year they seem to have new record highs, just as we (on the opposite side of the world) do.

Lets face reality. Birth rates in Europe are imploding. They are having a demographic implosion. Their population pyramids have been inverted. The women are on average getting much older. SNIP....

whereas us european men are getting much younger :-)
unlike the entirely ever more aging men of the USA - such as yourself.

try again.
Post by The E   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Lets face reality. Birth rates in Europe are imploding. They are having a demographic implosion. Their population pyramids have been inverted. The women are on average getting much older. Europe's women are beginning to look more like Angela Merkel than Princess Diana. As formidable as Angela Merkel's Weapons of Mass Distraction might have become, I do not want to see her naked again.

You really have no idea what daily life in Europe is like these days, do you.

I would invite you over here, but I'm afraid we don't need foreign misogynists on top of our existing stock.
I mean, we all know why birth rates are declining. If you give women options in life, by giving them access to health care and education and jobs and security, they will often choose not to have children, or to have them later.
I, for one, wouldn't want to take women's freedoms away, they do not have enough of them and had to fight much harder than should be necessary to get them in the first place.
But since you don't have such qualms, maybe you could show us how you could achieve your goal of greater birth rates in the western world without becoming an immoral monster in the process?

Or has Stephan Molyneux, whose arguments you seem to follow or at least run parallel to, not covered that topic yet?

Even if we were not experiencing climate change, probability theory reveals that we would inevitably be setting new temperature records, either lower or higher. Europe probably has reasonably accurate temperature records for may be 200 years. That means that by random chance you have one chance in two hundred of setting a new record on anyngiven day. Does not seem like much of a chance except that you roll that 200 sided temperature record dice 365 times year.

....and you have the audacity, the nerve, to call others uninformed on matters of climate?

Then again, you're the person who doesn't know what "statistical majority" means, so I guess it's no surprise that you think that climate is just random.

My "lecherous" comments about Minoan fashions were intended to make the point that European civilizations have been at their peak when temperatures were warmer. The best available temperature reconstructions suggest that the Minoan as well as Greek, Egyptian, Persian (Asia not Europe) Indian (Asian, not American) and Chinese civilizations were all at a peak during the Minoan warm period. Ditto for the Roman warming and the Midevil warming.

How many people lived back then? I don't know, and I don't know of any good estimates, but the number was well under a billion people, and probably well under 500 million.

Today, we're trying to fit over 7.6 billion people on this planetm, using supply systems built on the assumption of a relatively constant climate. If you're willing to go kill over 7 billion people to get to conditions that enabled the civilization you're so enamoured by, go right ahead. I'm sure everyone will understand.

Global cooling is associated with civilizations declining. The Thera explosion that destroyed the Minoan empire did not seriously impact other Mediterranean cultures directly. However; the global cooling that followed (not neccessarilly as a result) caused very serious population declines world wide. There is no known catostrophic geological event that coincides with the end of the Roman warm period, but the cooling was catastrophic for everyone. Those barbarian hoardes that sacked Rome were on the move because the climate had seriously reduced their food supply.

And what do you think will happen when the middle east, south asia and south america become uninhabitable, as they are bound to do the hotter it gets?

Oh, I know that you are just itching to kill some of them darkies, but most of us have a few ethical issues with that.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:46 pm

TFLYTSNBN

isaac_newton wrote:

whereas us european men are getting much younger :-)
unlike the entirely ever more aging men of the USA - such as yourself.

try again.

The population pyramids for European countries certainly refute the claim that European men are getting much younger.

May be you meant that European men are getting shorter?

US population pyramid shows age of US men getting younger.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:47 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Lets face reality. Birth rates in Europe are imploding. They are having a demographic implosion. Their population pyramids have been inverted. The women are on average getting much older. Europe's women are beginning to look more like Angela Merkel than Princess Diana. As formidable as Angela Merkel's Weapons of Mass Distraction might have become, I do not want to see her naked again.

You really have no idea what daily life in Europe is like these days, do you.

I would invite you over here, but I'm afraid we don't need foreign misogynists on top of our existing stock.
I mean, we all know why birth rates are declining. If you give women options in life, by giving them access to health care and education and jobs and security, they will often choose not to have children, or to have them later.
I, for one, wouldn't want to take women's freedoms away, they do not have enough of them and had to fight much harder than should be necessary to get them in the first place.
But since you don't have such qualms, maybe you could show us how you could achieve your goal of greater birth rates in the western world without becoming an immoral monster in the process?

Or has Stephan Molyneux, whose arguments you seem to follow or at least run parallel to, not covered that topic yet?

....and you have the audacity, the nerve, to call others uninformed on matters of climate?

Then again, you're the person who doesn't know what "statistical majority" means, so I guess it's no surprise that you think that climate is just random.

How many people lived back then? I don't know, and I don't know of any good estimates, but the number was well under a billion people, and probably well under 500 million.

Today, we're trying to fit over 7.6 billion people on this planetm, using supply systems built on the assumption of a relatively constant climate. If you're willing to go kill over 7 billion people to get to conditions that enabled the civilization you're so enamoured by, go right ahead. I'm sure everyone will understand.

And what do you think will happen when the middle east, south asia and south america become uninhabitable, as they are bound to do the hotter it gets?

Oh, I know that you are just itching to kill some of them darkies, but most of us have a few ethical issues with that.

Are you truly incapable of understanding or are you just being argumentative?

The climate record indicates that the world was much warmer during the Minoan, Roman and Midevil warning. The global temps were higher than the AGW projections. Almost every civilization on the planet including the Middle East, South Asia, Africa and South America were doing well.

Show me some data to substantiate your claim that those areas were uninhabitable because it was warmer.

Yes, I know global population was smaller back then. They were also having to farm with bronze age and later some iron age technology. Global population soared in the industrial age because the new technology increased the Earth's carrying capacity.

The only people who advocate reducing global population are AGW Theology geek's like you. Most advocate restrictions on births while some advocate genocide. Germany's appropriation of Africa's best farmland so that they can burn African's fuel for German's fuel is the most genocidal policy since the Final Solution.

As for German women refusing to breed, look at what girlie men Germans men have become. No wonder they don't want to breed with you.

Seriously, a reduction in population growth rates or even gradual population decline is not a bad thing. A population implosion is bad. Responding by importing new people with radically different culture is self imposed genocide. At least Japan will still be Japanese 100 years from now.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Donnachaidh wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:I must confess that I would favor a bit of global warming if it would trigger a revival in Minoan women's fashions.

I have to say, creepy and lecherous comments like this make me look forward to you being banned again.

Donnachaidh wrote:You're just off putting, go back to whatever troll hole you were in for the last few years.

Why are you getting so violently bent out of shape over a harmless joke? You want somebody banned from posting on a public forum because you’re Soooo Offended? Is he right, that you’re some sort of neo-Victorian prude, proclaiming that everything about sex is evil and shameful? Or do you just believe that the double standard is a Law Of Nature?

The E wrote:I mean, we all know why birth rates are declining. If you give women options in life, by giving them access to health care and education and jobs and security, they will often choose not to have children, or to have them later.

All true, but meanwhile the birth rates in those backward cultures that treat women like cattle are exploding. I don’t see THAT trend going to any good place.

The world is overcrowded already, and getting more so. Most of the increase is among those least capable of supporting that larger population. But just mention limiting birth rates and the howls of outrage from the 'progressives' would make you think Swift's 'Modest Proposal' had just been enacted into law.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Post by Annachie   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Actually, it appears to be a degree or more warmer now than it was during the Roman times, which was the warmest of the warm periods.

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.10 ... 1/2/024001
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics