Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

An American President Finally Realizes that the Cold War is

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
An American President Finally Realizes that the Cold War is
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:29 am

TFLYTSNBN

Just thought that I would offer a book recommendation that might be informative.

https://www.amazon.com/Absent-Superpowe ... 099850520X

Trump is merely the first US President who truly understands that the Cold War is over. The Warsaw Pact no longer threatens Europe. Western Europe is becoming economically and militarily irrellevant. Russia is not the USSR with a toxic ideology that it wishes to impose on the rest of the world. The Slavic peoples are actually in deep manure unless they unite. NATO and the free trade agreements that accompanied it no longer serve a purpose useful to the US. Turkey is more of an enemy to the US than Russia.
Re: An American President Finally Realizes that the Cold War
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:37 am

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just thought that I would offer a book recommendation that might be informative.

https://www.amazon.com/Absent-Superpowe ... 099850520X

Trump is merely the first US President who truly understands that the Cold War is over. The Warsaw Pact no longer threatens Europe. Western Europe is becoming economically and militarily irrellevant. Russia is not the USSR with a toxic ideology that it wishes to impose on the rest of the world. The Slavic peoples are actually in deep manure unless they unite. NATO and the free trade agreements that accompanied it no longer serve a purpose useful to the US. Turkey is more of an enemy to the US than Russia.

Turkey didn't launch a massive cyber warfare operation by their military intelligence outfit to compromise US elections in 2016, and is not currently engaged in more coordinated cyber attacks against US elections in 2018.

Tell us more about how Russia "isn't an enemy to the US" while they are attacking the US as we speak. :roll:
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:22 pm

TFLYTSNBN

It was Turkey that enabled Saddam to smuggle out oil to cheat on the Iraq sanctions.

It was Turkey that refused permission to deploy troops for the invasion.

You need to put on your tin foil hat.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:It was Turkey that enabled Saddam to smuggle out oil to cheat on the Iraq sanctions.

Nobody is saying Turkey is the US's best good loyal buddy.

But Russia is an UNQUESTIONABLY hostile power. Engaged right this exact minute in active cyber warfare campaigns directed against US elections.

And if you want to try telling me I need a tinfoil hat for saying it, you're going to have to order a truckload for the entire US national security apparatus to share.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:49 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:It was Turkey that enabled Saddam to smuggle out oil to cheat on the Iraq sanctions.

Nobody is saying Turkey is the US's best good loyal buddy.

But Russia is an UNQUESTIONABLY hostile power. Engaged right this exact minute in active cyber warfare campaigns directed against US elections.

And if you want to try telling me I need a tinfoil hat for saying it, you're going to have to order a truckload for the entire US national security apparatus to share.

You must be confusing Russia with the United States.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/ ... kraine.usa

Remember the vieeo of US State Department fixer Victoria Nuland passing out cookies in the Euromadden?

More important is the audio of the intercepted cell phone call in which she designated who would be in the provisional cabinet.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:20 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

As an observer from the opposite side of the world, I can say that Russia isn't one of the good guys. The list of actions by Putin that includes Crimea, supporting rebels in Ukraine, supporting Assad in Syria, diverting vast sums to himself and his cronies, spending a disproportionate portion of the GDP on weapons while Russian people suffer, and similar are not those of a good world citizen.
As to "Western Europe is becoming economically and militarily irrellevant." just plain rubbish. Most of those countries independently have GDPs much higher than Russia. But for the nukes retained after the Soviet Union collapsed, Russia would be regarded as a minor power.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:57 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:As an observer from the opposite side of the world, I can say that Russia isn't one of the good guys. The list of actions by Putin that includes Crimea, supporting rebels in Ukraine, supporting Assad in Syria, diverting vast sums to himself and his cronies, spending a disproportionate portion of the GDP on weapons while Russian people suffer, and similar are not those of a good world citizen.
As to "Western Europe is becoming economically and militarily irrellevant." just plain rubbish. Most of those countries independently have GDPs much higher than Russia. But for the nukes retained after the Soviet Union collapsed, Russia would be regarded as a minor power.

Nope.

https://globalsecurityreview.com/will-g ... look-like/
Post by Joat42   » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:49 am

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Daryl wrote:As an observer from the opposite side of the world, I can say that Russia isn't one of the good guys. The list of actions by Putin that includes Crimea, supporting rebels in Ukraine, supporting Assad in Syria, diverting vast sums to himself and his cronies, spending a disproportionate portion of the GDP on weapons while Russian people suffer, and similar are not those of a good world citizen.

Nope.

https://globalsecurityreview.com/will-g ... look-like/

Hey, I got a link too:
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/sep/02/economic-forecasting-flawed-science-data

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by The E   » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 am

The E
Admiral

Couldn't make it past the executive summary at the top of the article without finding something hilariously wrong.

They are projected to be overtaken by countries with faster-growing economies like Mexico, Turkey, and Vietnam (respectively).

An economy that is growing fast now does not equate to a continued growth in the future. We do not know where these countries will plateau, but they will.

Anyway, the real bullshit part here is that this forecast does not seem to take climate change into account. If it did, all those emerging countries near the equator would not look so rosy; never mind the effects of warfare sparked by ressource shortages.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:25 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I don't know. Those countries flotation industries will really boom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics