Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:17 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhPbO7CoBF8

Happens all the time on this forum.

When are you going to learn how to make an actual argument?
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:27 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

check around 2:20 mark...maybe she will get the point across.

Post by gcomeau   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:00 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:check around 2:20 mark...maybe she will get the point across.

Woman meets some random people on the internet and they don't just call her names and troll her but instead *make arguments*.... kind of like we keep asking you to do?

So, the point this is supposed to be getting across is it's possible for you to do a lot better here?
Post by Daryl   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I watched it and was struck by her comment that the media said Trump supporters were stupid. Well, if the cap fits.
I watch Trump speeches on TV, and without any media influence can see that anyone who believes his transparent crap must be thick. So his supporters are either thick believers, or cynical hangers on along for the ride.
Sure the media is mostly against him, but to be a journalist you must be literate and educated, so that is understandable. My opinion is made up by direct observation, not second hand commentary.

Post by Dilandu   » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:41 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Daryl wrote:

Sure the media is mostly against him, but to be a journalist you must be literate and educated
, so that is understandable. My opinion is made up by direct observation, not second hand commentary.

Oh please! Journalists are mostly interested in pleasing their bosses with high ratings. If the media moguls decided to support Trump, those "literate and educated" journalists would eagerly hail Trump as greatest mind ever born. The idea that media is "free from political allegances" is long-dead.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by noblehunter   » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:50 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dilandu wrote:Oh please! Journalists are mostly interested in pleasing their bosses with high ratings. If the media moguls decided to support Trump, those "literate and educated" journalists would eagerly hail Trump as greatest mind ever born. The idea that media is "free from political allegances" is long-dead.

Some journalists would but not all of them. They do have professional standards which would choke on outright lies. What's more likely is more selective quoting and editing so that Trump's shortcomings are less obvious. They wouldn't say he's brilliant but they wouldn't go out of their way to present him as an idiot, either.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 am

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:I watched it and was struck by her comment that the media said Trump supporters were stupid. Well, if the cap fits.
I watch Trump speeches on TV, and without any media influence can see that anyone who believes his transparent crap must be thick. So his supporters are either thick believers, or cynical hangers on along for the ride.
Sure the media is mostly against him, but to be a journalist you must be literate and educated, so that is understandable. My opinion is made up by direct observation, not second hand commentary.

If you believe that journalists are literate and educated, you have obviously not read the Oregonian.

Most journalists are uneducated idiots whose spelling, punctuation and grammer is barely superior to my mussings on this forum only because they have editors to help them.
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:30 am

Dilandu
Admiral

noblehunter wrote:Some journalists would but not all of them. They do have professional standards which would choke on outright lies. What's more likely is more selective quoting and editing so that Trump's shortcomings are less obvious. They wouldn't say he's brilliant but they wouldn't go out of their way to present him as an idiot, either.

One problem - such journalist have no access to mainstream press, so their actions generally weren't noticed by majority of public. And "half-truth" nowadays are dangerously close to "outright lies"
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Annachie   » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

We sctually have that sort of corporate journalism down here in Oz.

Former PM, Turnbull, was the golden boy of the main stream media. Also known as the Murdoch press.
Then things started going bad and it turned on him, directly leading to his replacement bu ScoMo.

I notice that Fox is slowly turning on Trump too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:15 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Fox is turning on Trump...hmmm...you could be right or is this just a ruse or an illusion. This brings me to the Mueller Probe. Is the Mueller probe an investigation into Trump, an illusion, A Wag The Dog type scenario, and/or counter Intelligence Operration?

Annachie wrote:We sctually have that sort of corporate journalism down here in Oz.

Former PM, Turnbull, was the golden boy of the main stream media. Also known as the Murdoch press.
Then things started going bad and it turned on him, directly leading to his replacement bu ScoMo.

I notice that Fox is slowly turning on Trump too.

Return to Politics