Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Is David Weber a Trump supporter?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Is David Weber a Trump supporter?
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:05 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

An Allosaurus would have been better

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/specia ... aurus.html
Daryl wrote:As an outsider I was amazed that out of 320 million people the US put up Clinton and Trump for the President. Random pickings off the street would have probably been better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by zyffyr   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:22 am

zyffyr
Lieutenant Commander

Daryl wrote:As an outsider I was amazed that out of 320 million people the US put up Clinton and Trump for the President. Random pickings off the street would have probably been better.

As an American, I was simultaneously amazed and saddened by that fact.
Post by The E   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:30 pm

The E
Admiral

DrakBibliophile wrote:Of course, Liberals really didn't mind Trump until he ran against the Glorious Hillary Clinton and that tells me all I need to know about "charges of racism".

Couple things about this.

Liberals "didn't really mind" Trump for a simple reason: Before he decided to actually run for President and (to an extent) before he got the nomination, Trump didn't really matter. He was a big fat caricature of a businessman; drifting along on name recognition, self promotion and the occasional scandal. He was odious back then as he is now, but back then, it didn't really matter; the people most at risk to be hurt by his actions were banks and other rich guys.
Then he got nominated. Then you conservatives decided that that guy was the one person you wanted in charge of this country. Not anyone actually qualified for the job, no, just a big fat idiot of a man with a gift for oratory that allowed him to bring a lot of people on his side who really should know better.

Drak, as much as I respect you, but you really need to get your head in the game and start talking with actual liberals instead of the straw version you got in your head.
Post by edgeworthy   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:41 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

zyffyr wrote:

As an American, I was simultaneously amazed and saddened by that fact.

Most outsiders are now convinced that the US election process is some sort of contest to find the worst possible and least qualified individual in the entire country. And then elevate to the highest office.

Have you considered deciding the matter via Gladitorial Combat?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Random pickings from the Jerry Springer show would probably have been better. Random pickings from a mental hospital probably wouldn't have been worse for the country.

gcomeau wrote:No, racism is a word liberals use to say prejudice, discrimination or hostility based on race.

"RACIST" is what liberals and, especially, 'progressives' scream when your arguments are too logical for them. It's Godwin'ing for the 21st century, 'cause "NAZI" is, like, seventy years out of date.
———————————
Why does everybody that claims to know how to create a perfect world start off by trying to destroy the one we have?
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Yes, too "logical". That's the reason.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

edgeworthy wrote:Most outsiders are now convinced that the US election process is some sort of contest to find the worst possible and least qualified individual in the entire country. And then elevate to the highest office.

Are you saying Jonathan Swift predicted that election 290 years in advance?
———————————
A politician is worse than a toilet. They're both full of shit — but at least you can flush the toilet.
Post by edgeworthy   » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 am

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Imaginos1892 wrote:
edgeworthy wrote:Most outsiders are now convinced that the US election process is some sort of contest to find the worst possible and least qualified individual in the entire country. And then elevate to the highest office.

Are you saying Jonathan Swift predicted that election 290 years in advance?

———————————
A politician is worse than a toilet. They're both full of shit — but at least you can flush the toilet.

Well the Yahoos do seem to be in charge?
(There is so much Swift that is applicable!)
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Let's be honest; you have two political monster-parties that de-facto monopolized the whole political process. They are so tightly interlocked with economical powers-to-be, that it is simply impossible for anyone else (not from Dem's or Reb's) to ever came to any significant political power. Your elections are basically farce; you are choosing between two parties, who left you without any choice EXCEPT THEM.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Dilandu wrote:Your elections are basically farce; you are choosing between two parties, who left you without any choice EXCEPT THEM.

Don't forget the media, which reinforce that perception and pretend that no other choices exist. If enough people would simply WAKE UP and take control of their own decisions, we could de-throne the lot of them. Unfortunately, most of them have been convinced that if they didn't vote for the winner, their votes were 'wasted', and that no one can possibly win except the Democrat or the Republican. Or, as I call them, the Republicrats. They all look like Yahoos to me.

Most people have been led to believe that the Republican and Democrat parties are part of the government. They are NOT! They are entirely private organizations that should have NO official standing, should be given NO preference over the Greens, Peace And Freedom, Libertarian, or any of the other political parties.

I say if you vote for the person you want to represent your interests, it's never wasted. If only enough people believed that, change would be possible.
———————————
Why do so many idiots believe that the way to solve our problems is to keep voting for the same shitheads that caused them in the first place?

Return to Politics