Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

So much for the Dem blue wave

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: So much for the Dem blue wave
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:30 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:What stops me from voting with a california id card...what prevents me from voting.

Not being a registered voter. Which you can't become unless you are legally eligible to become one.

You do understand they the ID is used to identify you as a person on the voter rolls? Which they check when you show said ID?

If you ARE legally eligible to become one, and HAVE registered, then obviously nothing would be stopping you. Since you're a legal voting citizen. But non citizens can't do that. So they can't vote.

Do we need to use smaller words here? Because we just covered this.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:52 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

What stops me from voting in CA?

In Texas, I need a state id or state driver's license. Second, I have to sign an affidavit stating I am US citizen. It is up to the community where I vote to ascertain whether I am a voter or not. We use to check via Driver's license but that was ruled illegal by the Supreme Court under the Obama administration. My voting district still checks with driver liense but others don't. By that ruling, the standards are widely varied in different districts. Now they do check to see if your voting in mofe than one district at the state level. There was some illegal immigrant that voted in multiple voting districts and was caught and prosecuted. That's the only person that I am aware via media coverage that has been prosecuted.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:26 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:What stops me from voting in CA?

NOT BEING A FREAKING REGISTERED VOTER IN CALIFORNIA. WHICH YOU ONLY BECOME IF YOU ARE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE.

Were you dropped on your head or something? How many times do you want the same question answered???
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:48 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Gcomeau we get what your saying. This question is for people from CA with knowledge of voting laws.

What stops me from voting in CA with a state DL as an illegal alien?

The laws as well as local practises of voting.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:55 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau we get what your saying. This question is for people from CA with knowledge of voting laws.

What stops me from voting in CA with a state DL as an illegal alien?

The laws as well as local practises of voting.

FFS... you have been told the answer. You have been told the law. You have been pointed at the relevant information on the CA Sec State site. To tell you the exact same damn answer yet again...

http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... ocumented/

Under the law, the DMV would electronically send information for those eligible to register to vote -- which does not include undocumented residents -- to the California Secretary of State’s Office. That office would, in turn, verify name and citizenship information.

Yet again...not being a freaking registered eligible voter keeps you from voting.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:56 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

From Australia, it seems to be a simple answer. You have to br registered to vote, and can only register if you are legally eligible.
We don't have to produce ID but must have our name crossed off a printed list (electoral roll) of legal voters. It is theoretically possible to travel between booths and vote multiple times, but the incidence of that happening is so extremely low as to not be worried about.
Post by smr   » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:34 am

smr
Vice Admiral

This is frustrating...I know what the law says but sometimes how the law is applied and enforced are totally different. In Tecas it varies according to County and local governments. We have provisional voting and state dl is all that is needed. As a result, many illegals vote provisional and if the local authorities do not do their jobs or do diligence . Now, they are real good on double voting that's usually caught right away. The problem is who is allowed to vote varies from county to county. Some counties the standards are so lax that a person can drive a MAC truck through and others are so tight that only a uniclyce can get through. Translated some counties have lots of illegals voting and others are almost nonexistent.
Post by The E   » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 am

The E
Admiral

Seems to me like you would be well advised to clean your own house before complaining that your neighbour's is the wrong color.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:32 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Seems to me that the state AG's should get together withthe Fed and come up with a national standard for both eligibility, ID requirements, and enrolement locations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:50 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I agree with you Annachie....reasonable people can agree on issuees.

Return to Politics