Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests

So much for the Dem blue wave

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: So much for the Dem blue wave
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:33 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

It seems to me that we have reached a constitutional crisis where we have a president who is up to his eyebrows in collusion with Russia while they are under investigation for tampering with our elections and... now this

Watch this to the end and then cross check the claims with your favorite news outlet...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... associated

I am re-reading "A Rising Thunder" and this comment from Admiral Yu jumped out of my Kindle.
It is from the after action meeting where Honor is dealing with the battle with Filareta…
“…In fact he had transmitted his interest in the history of the Legislaturalists and the Committee of Public Safety had both, each for its own reasons, done their best to erase and rewrite…”

We don't expect our president to be doing this.

God knows the Dems are not a pack of Saints but if your only reason to vote for the enablers in congress who have abandoned their constitutional roll as part of the checks and balances in our government then you are also guilty of treason.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:58 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:It seems to me that we have reached a constitutional crisis where we have a president who is up to his eyebrows in collusion with Russia while they are under investigation for tampering with our elections and... now this

Watch this to the end and then cross check the claims with your favorite news outlet...

I am re-reading "A Rising Thunder" and this comment from Admiral Yu jumped out of my Kindle.
It is from the after action meeting where Honor is dealing with the battle with Filareta…
“…In fact he had transmitted his interest in the history of the Legislaturalists and the Committee of Public Safety had both, each for its own reasons, done their best to erase and rewrite…”

God knows the Dems are not a pack of Saints but if your only reason to vote for the enablers in congress who have abandoned their constitutional roll as part of the checks and balances in our government then you are also guilty of treason.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -George Orwell, '1984'.

"It’s all working out. And just remember, what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” -Donald Trump... in real life... yesterday.

(And let's face it, every freaking day if his presidency when he declares all coverage of him he doesn't like "Fake News!")

And you would like to think in real life that doesn't actually work and you can't just tell people reality is whatever you say it is and have them blindly eat it up. But we all know we have the example of how it does work right here on these forums.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

gcomeau wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:It seems to me that we have reached a constitutional crisis where we have a president who is up to his eyebrows in collusion with Russia while they are under investigation for tampering with our elections and... now this

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -George Orwell, '1984'.

"It’s all working out. And just remember, what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” -Donald Trump... in real life... yesterday.

(And let's face it, every freaking day if his presidency when he declares all coverage of him he doesn't like "Fake News!")

And you would like to think in real life that doesn't actually work and you can't just tell people reality is whatever you say it is and have them blindly eat it up. But we all know we have the example of how it does work right here on these forums.

Fake news I can live with... but it looks like Russia thinks he agreed to nuke their enemies in Syria and he his trying to run the nation like one of the companies he mismanaged into bankruptcy
Oy Vey
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by smr   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:42 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

What are the Democrats running on for the mid-terms?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

smr wrote:What are the Democrats running on for the mid-terms?

"We hate Trump!"
———————————
Why should your promises mean anything to me, when they mean nothing to you?
Post by smr   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:53 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Most voters...vote with their checkbooks! I done better in 2 years under Trump than I have in the Obama or Bush years.

Imaginos1892 wrote:

"We hate Trump!"
———————————
Post by Joat42   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:Most voters...vote with their checkbooks! I done better in 2 years under Trump than I have in the Obama or Bush years.

That means Obama did something right, doesn't it?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
smr wrote:Most voters...vote with their checkbooks! I done better in 2 years under Trump than I have in the Obama or Bush years.

That means Obama did something right, doesn't it?
Yep. Because economic growth ect are lagging indicators of government actions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:26 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Imaginos1892 wrote:

"We hate Trump!"
———————————

Not enough!
We need to point the voters back to the constitution, the oath that every member of congress took to an oath to...
This oath is now taken by all federal employees, other than the President:

“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

We must point out how the failure to serve their role for checks and balances made them a domestic enemy of the constitution (regardless of their party) and their failure to provide for security of the election process in a timely manner means that they too are guilty of collusion with a hostile foreign government.

Anyone who thinks that the democrats are pure and blameless in this is fool, neither are all republicans guilty of placing the needs of their corporate sponsors above the needs of the people of the US.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:33 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Most voters...vote with their checkbooks! I done better in 2 years under Trump than I have in the Obama or Bush years.

That means Obama did something right, doesn't it?[/quote]Yep. Because economic growth ect are lagging indicators of government actions.[/quote]

Did you really??? Or are you just repeating the sound bites from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and David Duke??
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Politics