Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Joat42 and 18 guests

So much for the Dem blue wave

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: So much for the Dem blue wave
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:13 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Where is your solution that will work...

Solution to WHAT? There IS NO in person voter fraud problem.

Finding someone who committed voter fraud by impersonating another person... the only kind of voter fraud voter ID solves.... is just slightly more likely than finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

The most comprehensive survey I know of studied every single known instance of not just confirmed but even *reported* voter fraud of this type and they found 31 cases.

In 14 YEARS.

Out of over A BILLION ballots cast.

There is no problem in need of a solution here. Get that through your head.

Are you white then do not call other people racists! You routinely call me a liar and a racist. Your the boy that cries wolf so much that no one believes you.

I'll tell you what. You find ONE SINGLE POST where I called you a racist (saying you support a president who is racist doesn't count because that's not the same thing) and I will stop posting on this forum for an entire month. It will be your golden opportunity to post nonsense without me calling you on it. (I make no assurances for anyone else who wants to call you on it)

Ready..... set..... GO!

(I'll be over here... not holding my breath.... as usual...)
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

And how many locations could they go to to get such a card?
Hint, it seems to be less every time they start fiddling with voter ID.
As I said, I have no problem with voter ID. Just the accessability and dificulty of obtaining said ID.
smr wrote:State ID costs $2 for the poor! We even had system for poor people to qualify for free state ID which would allow you to vote. A person had to have a State ID or State DL to vote. What's racist about that. I need a state ID or DL to open a checking account in Texas!

Annachie wrote:The problem is not that voter ID laws are racist, it's that in the south they are invariably paired actions and laws that make such ID harder for blacks and latino's to obtain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

The only problem with the entire law was that a person could not get state id or dl immediately or the day off voting. So a person with state id or state dl would have to apply 10 days before to get picture state id or state dl. A person could only vote in the area where they had listed as their home address on their license. This cut out so much voter fraud.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:45 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:The only problem with the entire law was that a person could not get state id or dl immediately or the day off voting. So a person with state id or state dl would have to apply 10 days before to get picture state id or state dl. A person could only vote in the area where they had listed as their home address on their license. This cut out so much voter fraud.

I can state with high confidence it cut out effectively ZERO voter fraud.

Which you would know too if you bothered actually reading my last post.

(And good thing I never hold my breath with you. Choice not to do so validated yet again)
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Been proven time and time again that voter fraud by impersonating another person who is a registered voter just doesn't exist. If you stopped to think about the mechanics of it, it would be practically impossible to organise enough people to vote at enough stations to make any effect. Thus no one does it.
There is apparently some fraud perpetuated much higher up the system by deliberately arranging things to disenfranchise bigger numbers of disadvantaged yet legitimate voters. Cue some state Republicans.

smr wrote:The only problem with the entire law was that a person could not get state id or dl immediately or the day off voting. So a person with state id or state dl would have to apply 10 days before to get picture state id or state dl. A person could only vote in the area where they had listed as their home address on their license. This cut out so much voter fraud.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:32 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Actually there was/is voter fraud by impersonation.
In Texas, and other states.
It was in the state Houses and Senates.
Yes, there is footage of it.

https://youtu.be/rHFOwlMCdto

11 minutes in.

Including a case where somebody voted an hour after they had died.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:49 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

You are required to have a state id and that is a federal law and also a state law! A person can not work without a state id or dl. A person can not have a bank account without a id! Can not fly on an airline without state id. (now a passport will work unless the law has changed with the last 5 years.)

Annachie wrote:Actually there was/is voter fraud by impersonation.

11 minutes in.

Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:53 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:You are required to have a state id and that is a federal law and also a state law! A person can not work without a state id or dl. A person can not have a bank account without a id! Can not fly on an airline without state id. (now a passport will work unless the law has changed with the last 5 years.)

Annachie wrote:Actually there was/is voter fraud by impersonation.

11 minutes in.

We will leave it as an exercise to the reader... yet again... to try to figure out wtf smr's reply has to do with the content of the post he was replying to.

Best of luck to all of you... you'll need it.
Post by smr   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Drip! Drip! Drip!

Oh those hearings are getting so Good! I wonder what the media will try to distract us with next! Time for some more popcorn! Hey Gcomeau, I even popped an extra bag for you. What you do not want some, more for me! MuHaHA!
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Oh those hearings are getting so Good! I wonder what the media will try to distract us with next! Time for some more popcorn! Hey Gcomeau, I even popped an extra bag for you. What you do not want some, more for me! MuHaHA!

Not even a little clue wtf you are talking about right now.

Return to Politics