Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

So much for the Dem blue wave

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: So much for the Dem blue wave
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:16 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:This is frustrating...I know what the law says but sometimes how the law is applied and enforced are totally different. In Tecas it varies according to County and local governments. We have provisional voting and state dl is all that is needed.

You do understand what is "provisional" about those provisional ballots right?

They DO NOT COUNT until and unless they are VERIFIED TO BE VALID.

No unregistered voters or illegal aliens can vote that way. Because they won't be able to pass the verification step.

As a result, many illegals vote provisional

Provide evidence this statement is based in reality.

I will not be holding my breath while I wait.
Post by smr   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:21 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Gcomeau ok since your such an expert. We had the system where everyone could vote by driver's license. What happened and why were stick with this ridiciliculous system!

I awaited your expert analysis and where should the state of texas go with their voting laws.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:24 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau ok since your such an expert. We had the system where everyone could vote by driver's license. What happened and why were stick with this ridiciliculous system!

Oh ffs.

You do not vote "by drivers license"

You may use your driver's license to verify your identity. That identity must be ON THE REGISTERED VOTER ROLLS.

Then you get to vote and have your vote counted.

How do you not know this?

(And your total lack of response to the request you substantiate your claim about illegals voting? That would be why I was not holding my breath)
Post by BrightSoul   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau ok since your such an expert. We had the system where everyone could vote by driver's license. What happened and why were stick with this ridiciliculous system!

I awaited your expert analysis and where should the state of texas go with their voting laws.

It appears to me that you are conflating your Texas voting issues with California. Fix your own issues and stop pushing them on others.

Or we could discuss partisan gerrymandering if you'd like.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

But — but — it’s RACIST to require people to prove that they’re citizens before allowing them to vote! Don’t you know that? Hell, it’s RACIST to require proof of citizenship for any reason! It’s RACIST to keep anybody out of our country, for any reason! Don’t ask why; that’s RACIST too!
———————————
If a business tries something and it doesn't work, they have to stop doing it or they will go broke. If the government tries something that doesn't work, they just keep shoveling our money into it forever.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:But — but — it’s RACIST to require people to prove that they’re citizens before allowing them to vote! Don’t you know that? Hell, it’s RACIST to require proof of citizenship for any reason! It’s RACIST to keep anybody out of our country, for any reason! Don’t ask why; that’s RACIST too!
———————————
If a business tries something and it doesn't work, they have to stop doing it or they will go broke. If the government tries something that doesn't work, they just keep shoveling our money into it forever.

:roll:
Post by smr   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:32 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Where is your solution that will work...we had a solution that worked for many years till Obama's administration decided voter id law was racist. We have illegals voting in Texas...so what are we supposed to do?

This how civil wars start when people like you cry Racism?

Are you white then do not call other people racists! You routinely call me a liar and a racist. Your the boy that cries wolf so much that no one believes you.

So let's here your logical and rational solution. Step up big boy and help solve the problem logically or quit your whining.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Because black and Latino's were less likely to have a drivers license, and Texas could fiddle things to make it harder for them to get one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The problem is not that voter ID laws are racist, it's that in the south they are invariably paired actions and laws that make such ID harder for blacks and latino's to obtain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:54 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

State ID costs $2 for the poor! We even had system for poor people to qualify for free state ID which would allow you to vote. A person had to have a State ID or State DL to vote. What's racist about that. I need a state ID or DL to open a checking account in Texas!

Annachie wrote:The problem is not that voter ID laws are racist, it's that in the south they are invariably paired actions and laws that make such ID harder for blacks and latino's to obtain.

Return to Politics