Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Another example : Religon of Peace

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Another example : Religon of Peace
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Further, we can't say for sure that the term Christian where coined at Antioch. The only thing we do know is that among known surviving documents from that time the ones from Antioch contains the term first.

:?: Guess You are not a Christian
or You have never read a Bible
Acts 11 19-26 :?:

Nimitz

And how does that disprove my argument? Hmm? If you can say with 100% certainty that the acts are entirely factually and objectively correct I'll concede the point.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Joat42 wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Further, we can't say for sure that the term Christian where coined at Antioch. The only thing we do know is that among known surviving documents from that time the ones from Antioch contains the term first.

:?: Guess You are not a Christian
or You have never read a Bible
Acts 11 19-26 :?:

Nimitz

And how does that disprove my argument? Hmm? If you can say with 100% certainty that the acts are entirely factually and objectively correct I'll concede the point.[/quote]
--------------------------- :mrgreen:

Not sure what I have to disprove- Are there bad Christians - Yes

Does that invalidate the Rest of Christianity - No

Let Me say this as a Catholic
Fighting a war with muslems since
600 A.D. may have made me a bit reluctant to accept The Muslem Version of "Peace"

Nimitz
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

What You people tend to forget or never learned is tha Christianity pre dated Islam by over 600 Years

Mohamed had a vision -Big Woop so have alot of others

One Angel looks pretty much the same to me Maybe it was Gabriel or Satan posing as Gabriel only time will tell

JUDGING by thier dogma I know which way I am leaning

Nimitz
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:07 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

To me the underlying base problem concerning devout religious people, is how do they know that they are backing the right horse. There have been thousands of religions since sentient humans emerged. And each of those had variants that people killed each other by the thousands over.
So to any devout person; how do you know that your version of a deity is the real deal, then how do you know what they want, how do you know that they even care, and who devised the rituals that apparently keep them happy?
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:32 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Daryl wrote:To me the underlying base problem concerning devout religious people, is how do they know that they are backing the right horse. There have been thousands of religions since sentient humans emerged. And each of those had variants that people killed each other by the thousands over.
So to any devout person; how do you know that your version of a deity is the real deal, then how do you know what they want, how do you know that they even care, and who devised the rituals that apparently keep them happy?

Saint Faustina - Vision of Hell

Nimitz

Return to Politics