Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Like it or lump it....

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Like it or lump it....
Post by gcomeau   » Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Fireflair wrote:Oh I agree over all with everything that's being postulated here. I highly doubt that Kim is going to give up his nukes. I also don't believe that Trump is responsible for North Korea coming to the table to talk, except in a mostly peripheral way.

Now see there I actually disagree, I think Trump has a great deal of responsibility for it just not in a good way. The North Koreans have *always* wanted to be able to secure a direct meeting with the US president on equal terms without actually giving up anything meaningful to get it so they can be seen as standing on equal footing with them on the world stage in front of everyone.

Trump is just the first president stupid and ego driven enough to be so easily manipulated into publicly agreeing to it, giving them exactly what they wanted.

They don't even need to go through with the meeting now... blowing it off actually makes them seem even more relevant. Like now they're the ones dictating whether a meeting will happen instead of the US while the US chases after *them* to try to get it. Although they may still do it if they think they can pull another one over on Trump in person which is very possible because let's face it, it's Trump.
Post by Fireflair   » Thu May 17, 2018 12:56 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

True enough. Kim's ego and Trump's ego would have trouble fitting in the same room together, anyway, if they were to meet. I am sure that while Kim is spinning this his way, Trump will do his best to spin it his own.
Post by smr   » Sun May 20, 2018 7:30 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Post by Annachie   » Mon May 21, 2018 12:35 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

You got that one wrong smr, it's the GOP who run campaigns based in hatred.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by ywing14   » Tue May 22, 2018 8:42 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

While I am personally not a fan of Trump or just about anything he's said/done. However, I think he has had a significant impact on the NK mostly because no one is sure how he will act in relation to NK. NK thinks he may in fact invade. Couple that with China's decision to enforce sanctions. And he had to come to the table. That all being said, anyone who thought Kim was actually going to change or this was a breakthrough is naïve.

The southern half of the peninsula is already nuke free. The USA hasn't kept Nukes in SK for a while. The SK president already stated he would not agree to the complete removal of the US military. So negotiations were never going to go anywhere.

Return to Politics