Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

About that voter fraud thing....

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: About that voter fraud thing....
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:51 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Yeah... about that voter fraud thing...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... s-in-north

Yes, that needs to be investigated. We need fair and free elections without the taint of voter fraud. It does not matter what side is committing the voter fraud, this should be an issue that all sides can agree on.

Yes.... except this wasn't voter fraud, it was election fraud. And none of the measures the GOP supports to prevent effectively non existent voter fraud would do squat about things like this.
Post by MantiMerchie   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:55 pm

MantiMerchie
Ensign

gcomeau wrote:
Yes.... except this wasn't voter fraud, it was election fraud. And none of the measures the GOP supports to prevent effectively non existent voter fraud would do squat about things like this.

Has anybody raised this as a potential issue before? Specifically close to how this seems to have happened.

Has anyone or a specific party proposed a solution and been told that any potential solution is discriminatory?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:09 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

MantiMerchie wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

Has anybody raised this as a potential issue before? Specifically close to how this seems to have happened.

Has anyone or a specific party proposed a solution and been told that any potential solution is discriminatory?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

The simplest solution is just voter education.

"Don't let some strange person offer to pick up your absentee ballot for you, that's not how this works. Mail it in yourself."

The more people are aware, the more quickly someone trying to pull this crap gets turned in and caught.
Post by smr   » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:16 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Post by Eyal   » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:41 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/texas-attorney-general-announces-voter-fraud-alert-58000-non-citizens-illegally-voted-in-texas-elections/

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/01/25/tex ... ter-fraud/

Annachie...proven illegal voting.

I was wondering how long it would take you to bring this up.

Texas is claiming to have identified 58,000 people who at one point were non-citizens and who have voted. But the data spans at least twenty-two years, so before they can come to any conclusions they need to identify which of those people naturalized between the time they were recorded as non-citizens and the time they voted.

State officials looked at two sets of data for their current investigation: the names of people who provided documents indicating they were not citizens when they obtained a driver’s license or a state ID, and the names of people who registered to vote.

That resulted in a list of 95,000 people with a current driver’s license or state ID who also had a voter registration record in Texas. Of those, 58,000 people voted in elections back to 1996, said Sam Taylor, a spokesman for the secretary of State.

But the same advisory that is the source of those numbers urged caution in interpreting them, using all capital letters to describe the similar records as "WEAK matches." The announcement didn’t say 58,000 noncitizens definitely voted.

Voting rights advocates raised a key concern about the data: driver’s license data may not reflect a person’s current citizenship status.

"Indeed, between 52,000-63,000 are naturalized every year in Texas," Texas Civil Rights Project spokesman Zenén Jaimes Pérez told PolitiFact.

We asked the Secretary of State’s office if it’s possible that some of the people in the 58,000 or 95,000 groups have since become citizens.

"That’s up to the county voter registrars and/or the Attorney General’s office to determine," Taylor responded.

On Jan. 28, county election officials across Texas were starting the process of examining the information from the state. So far, it is too early to determine if those on the list are actual noncitizen voters, said Chris Davis, the head of the Texas Association of Elections Administrators and the administrator in Williamson County.

Source

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/4-Indicted-in-North-Texas-Voter-Fraud-Scheme-497239441.html

Annachie...voter fraud!

You'll notice that there was only one case of actual voter fraud in this article. And voter ID wouldn't have stopped it anyway.

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/capoliticalnewsandviews/if-san-fran-is-so-great-why-is-everyone-i-love-leaving/

LA County?

What do you think this proves?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:12 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

In the meantime, while smr is grasping at voter fraud straws... anyone want to try and provide any justification for the GOP in Congress being *outraged* at the idea of making election day a holiday so people can actually, you know, vote? McConnell actually publicly called it a "power grab".

I mean, if these constant unending claims they keep making that the "silent majority" is on their side are true, shouldn't they want to make it easier for that silent majority to stop being freaking silent?

Unless.... nahh.... well, unless.... they're 100% full of shit and they know that the majority of the country opposes them being in power and more people voting = less republicans elected? And their real goal is to undermine democracy, prevent legal eligible voters from being able to vote, and maintain power *against* the will of the majority of the citizens of the country?
Post by smr   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:06 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Point of Order: Most Americans can vote by mail or early voting! I vote early to avoid the crowds at the last minute. Yes, I had to wait a few days in early voting to be able to get in and out in 10 minutes. So, why do we need a day off to vote again? That's right we need another unpaid holiday! I don't think so! Gcomeau, do you hear that buzzer that SIGNALED your wrong as usual! Please stand in the corner and wear the dunce cap before the class! ;) :) What's your next complaint about the voting system, Gcomeau! I know let's eliminate the Republicans so we can just vote for the candidate that Gcomeau and their elitist friends select for us! Did I use the right pronoun before the word "elitist"? Can you please help select non gender specific pronoun because I am old and need help!

Did you read the Trump dossier or did you forget to answer the question? How does the Stone Indictment relate to Russian Collusion?

gcomeau wrote:In the meantime, while smr is grasping at voter fraud straws... anyone want to try and provide any justification for the GOP in Congress being *outraged* at the idea of making election day a holiday so people can actually, you know, vote? McConnell actually publicly called it a "power grab".

I mean, if these constant unending claims they keep making that the "silent majority" is on their side are true, shouldn't they want to make it easier for that silent majority to stop being freaking silent?

Unless.... nahh.... well, unless.... they're 100% full of shit and they know that the majority of the country opposes them being in power and more people voting = less republicans elected? And their real goal is to undermine democracy, prevent legal eligible voters from being able to vote, and maintain power *against* the will of the majority of the citizens of the country?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:17 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Point of Order: Most Americans can vote by mail or early voting! I vote early to avoid the crowds at the last minute. Yes, I had to wait a few days in early voting to be able to get in and out in 10 minutes. So, why do we need a day off to vote again? That's right we need another unpaid holiday! I don't think so!

So just to get this clear.... allowing people to have voting day off to actually participate in the election of their government representatives is a BAD THING that is AN OUTRAGE that the GOP must FIGHT AT ALL COSTS because.... you don't think it's entirely necessary?

Want to try again?

Did you read the Trump dossier or did you forget to answer the question? How does the Stone Indictment relate to Russian Collusion?

Russians did the hack.

Wikileaks did the public dissemination of the material the Russians hacked.

Stone was indicted for lying to investigators about his role as a go between between Wikileaks and the Trump Campaign.

Do you really need something this freaking simple explained to you?
Post by smr   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Question: Why would the Russians give up a priceless intelligence to Wikileaks?

How did Wikileaks obtain the emails? Seth Rich (a system administrator at the DNC) copied the DNC emails onto on a USB drive and gave the usb drive to a German (runs Kim.com) who gave the drive to Wikileaks! By the way, Kim offered to testify to Mueller about his knowledge but has never been interviewed. Also, Wikileaks has denied that received the information from the Russians. Oh don't forget that Seth Rich was shortly murdered after he copied the DNC emails and pass the USB drive. They never did find out who killed Seth Rich! They left money, a really expensive watch, cell phone, cash, credit cards, and his wallet but they shot him twice in the back! That really makes a man wonder why they kill him and leave all those valuables behind.

Is that just Federal Elections? What about State elections? What about Local elections? What about Special elections? Then America is going to have a lot of unpaid days off for elections! Gcomeau, your entitled to your opinion about election day(s) but Everyone has an A**hole and they all stink!

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Point of Order: Most Americans can vote by mail or early voting! I vote early to avoid the crowds at the last minute. Yes, I had to wait a few days in early voting to be able to get in and out in 10 minutes. So, why do we need a day off to vote again? That's right we need another unpaid holiday! I don't think so!

So just to get this clear.... allowing people to have voting day off to actually participate in the election of their government representatives is a BAD THING that is AN OUTRAGE that the GOP must FIGHT AT ALL COSTS because.... you don't think it's entirely necessary?

Want to try again?

Russians did the hack.

Wikileaks did the public dissemination of the material the Russians hacked.

Stone was indicted for lying to investigators about his role as a go between between Wikileaks and the Trump Campaign.

Do you really need something this freaking simple explained to you?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Question: Why would the Russians give up a priceless intelligence to Wikileaks?

The ENTIRE POINT of the ENTIRE OPERATION was to use the information to influence the election.

So your question is... why did they actually *use* the data they stole for the exact purpose they stole it for????

How did Wikileaks obtain the emails?

The. Russians. Gave. them. To. Them.

Seth Rich (a system administrator at the DNC) copied the DNC emails onto on a USB drive and gave the usb drive to a German (runs Kim.com) who gave the drive to Wikileaks!

Nope.

Just, nope. Stop getting your information from Inforwars and Rush Limbaugh ffs.

Is that just Federal Elections? What about State elections? What about Local elections? What about Special elections?

What part of "Federal government" is confusing you here?

Return to Politics