Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Trump - free zone

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump - free zone
Post by Daryl   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Daryl
Admiral

Read Harry Turteldove's Joe Steel to see where that leads.
In that book it was the US Supreme court that was sacked,
then tried for treason and then shot. The premise of that book is that Joe Stalin's pregnant mother emigrated so he was born in the USA.

gcomeau wrote:In the continuing saga of the GOPs war on representative government, having failed in their appeal to the Supreme Court members of the Pennsylvania state GOP are now calling for the impeachment of all 5 of the members of the State Supreme Court that ruled against them in the gerrymandering case.

The charges they want to impeach them on?

Ruling against them in the gerrymandering case.

I'm not joking.
Post by biochem   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:21 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:To switch continents, one of our political leaders in the UK has just been publicly praised/supported by an (alleged) terrorist leader.

Gerry Addams of Sinn Fein (a political party regarded by many as being the political wing of the IRA... or the IRA being the paramilitary wing of Sinn Fein, depending on outlook) has praised Jeremy Corbyn and said he would make a brilliant Prime Minister.

To put things in perspective for you Americans, that's somewhat similar to Theodore John Kaczynski declaring that [Insert candidate here] should become the next President.

It's not surprising, though. Prior to escaping the back-benches, Corbyn has publicly referred to Sinn Fein, Hamas*, Hezbollah* and even the IRA as his friends/allies. Given that, it is unsurprising that a he would get support from those areas in turn.

*During the period when they were active terrorist groups and launching missiles at Israel, thus confirming Israel's view of the Palestinians as not being able to be trusted in negotiations. Had they gone for non-violent protests and sit-downs, Israel would probably no longer exist, or would be far smaller than it is now.

OUCH!!!!
Post by biochem   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

biochem wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:To switch continents, one of our political leaders in the UK has just been publicly praised/supported by an (alleged) terrorist leader.

Gerry Addams of Sinn Fein (a political party regarded by many as being the political wing of the IRA... or the IRA being the paramilitary wing of Sinn Fein, depending on outlook) has praised Jeremy Corbyn and said he would make a brilliant Prime Minister.

To put things in perspective for you Americans, that's somewhat similar to Theodore John Kaczynski declaring that [Insert candidate here] should become the next President.

It's not surprising, though. Prior to escaping the back-benches, Corbyn has publicly referred to Sinn Fein, Hamas*, Hezbollah* and even the IRA as his friends/allies. Given that, it is unsurprising that a he would get support from those areas in turn.

*During the period when they were active terrorist groups and launching missiles at Israel, thus confirming Israel's view of the Palestinians as not being able to be trusted in negotiations. Had they gone for non-violent protests and sit-downs, Israel would probably no longer exist, or would be far smaller than it is now.

OUCH!!!!

How's the fallout from this coming?
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:56 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

biochem wrote:How's the fallout from this coming?

...*sigh*
You might call it the Trump Effect. Those that would support him, ignore it. Those that dislike him are already shouting about it, so it's getting drowned out.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

...and now it's getting worse.
Recently declassified documents from Czechoslovakia have revealed that on several occasions, Corbyn met a "Czechoslovakian Political Aide" to swap (thankfully) non-secret but useful background info.

Yep, you guessed it. The chap was a spy for the-then Communist Regime, a spy who had been chucked out of the UK by Margaret Thatcher's government for being a spy.

And Corbyn insists that he had no idea he was meeting anything other than a bureaucrat.
:roll:
If he's telling the truth, then he has to be one of the most naive people EVER!
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!

Return to Politics