Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: 2017
Post by The E   » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:16 pm

The E
Admiral

biochem wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Yup, part of the 45% of millennial a that voted Trump. Captures TDS pretty well, too.

Yep

And the TDS is preventing the opposition from seeing the incredible opportunity they have to out-Trump Trump.

I don't think there's room for another lying dipshit.
Post by biochem   » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:19 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:
biochem wrote:
And the TDS is preventing the opposition from seeing the incredible opportunity they have to out-Trump Trump.

See you hate him so much you are missing the opportunity. Think someone with Trump's populist mindset but without his obnoxious narcissistic personality.
Post by The E   » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:24 pm

The E
Admiral

biochem wrote:
See you hate him so much you are missing the opportunity. Think someone with Trump's populist mindset but without his obnoxious narcissistic personality.

Honestly, I hate Trump apologists like you more. You don't have the excuse of being Donald Trump.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

biochem wrote:

That would be extremely bad if anybody tried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:44 am

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
The E wrote:

So someone more effective at ruining the country and undermining all its governing institutions?

Ummm.... no. Nobody who wants the country to stay intact would charactetize that as "an opportunity".
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:38 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

The E wrote:
biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:So someone more effective at ruining the country and undermining all its governing institutions?

Ummm.... no. Nobody who wants the country to stay intact would charactetize that as "an opportunity".

I want the country to stay intact. I'll tolerate his narcissism to get these policies. If he manages to end chain migration and the diversity lottery for a sane immigration system next, I'll be happier tolerating his narcissism. Hell, every President since Reagan was a narcissist to some degree and their policies got us here to this economic bloody mess. Well the last two mainly.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
The E wrote:
biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:So someone more effective at ruining the country and undermining all its governing institutions?

I want the country to stay intact. I'll tolerate his narcissism to get these policies. If he manages to end chain migration and the diversity lottery for a sane immigration system next, I'll be happier tolerating his narcissism. Hell, every President since Reagan was a narcissist to some degree and their policies got us here to this economic bloody mess. Well the last two mainly.

"The last two" got us to "this economic bloody mess"?????

Can you even read economic data?

Which aspect of the economic mess are you referring to exactly? Because it isn't the market, or unemployment, or the deficit.... because that was not "the last two" presidents. One of the last two presidents made that all much much much worse and one of them made them all much much much better.

Just going to ignore the fact that you actually think Trump *has* "policies" for the moment...
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Quite simple. The stagnation of median wages has left quite a few folks behind. The Obama/Bush economy relied on monetary policy to expand the stock market. They allowed an implicit backstop on large to-big-to-fail banks' losses. Open borders and globalization have allowed wages (labor costs) to stagnate, while the social safety net picks up the dislocated workers stemming from both.

That's a mess. Both Bushes, may their legacies be eternally tarnished, followed the Clinton/Uniparty-establishment into trading economic growth for security well after the Soviet Union collapsed. Reagan granted Amnesty, but never got any firm control over the border. Not sure he tried very hard. That counts against him.

So, yeah, thigs got very messy after Bill Clinton. I was glad he had a Republican House and Senate to mitigate potential problems. That split government dynamic seems to work upon a few occasions.
Post by biochem   » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:48 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
The E wrote:
biochem wrote:

Sounds reasonable to me.
Post by biochem   » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:50 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Quite simple. The stagnation of median wages has left quite a few folks behind. The Obama/Bush economy relied on monetary policy to expand the stock market. They allowed an implicit backstop on large to-big-to-fail banks' losses. Open borders and globalization have allowed wages (labor costs) to stagnate, while the social safety net picks up the dislocated workers stemming from both.

That's a mess. Both Bushes, may their legacies be eternally tarnished, followed the Clinton/Uniparty-establishment into trading economic growth for security well after the Soviet Union collapsed. Reagan granted Amnesty, but never got any firm control over the border. Not sure he tried very hard. That counts against him.

So, yeah, thigs got very messy after Bill Clinton. I was glad he had a Republican House and Senate to mitigate potential problems. That split government dynamic seems to work upon a few occasions.

And this is why those left behind said a pox on both your houses and elected Trump.

Return to Politics