Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Should the United States Emulate the Soviets

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Should the United States Emulate the Soviets
Post by dscott8   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:07 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Dilandu wrote:Here - you REALLY tells the American descendants of slaves that you are willing to put that atrocity behind you. In Little Rock of 1950s and other such places.

Toppling the statues - which never harmed anyone - is not a useful actions to make things better. It's a pseudo-action, which make you believe that you are doing something good without bothering to actually improve the situation. Instead of trying to change the social and economical situation that led to inequality, you are fighting the statues - cheap and safe action, yeah, because statues never strike back, you know.

You completely ignored my comments about following up with positive action.
Post by pappilon   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
You completely ignored my comments about following up with positive action.

Which is somewhat off topic. Should the US emulate the Soviets and tear down all the statues?

Yeah actions like equal access to voting, a fair legal system equal educational opportunities, Basically the entire Democrat national agenda for 40 years which is now at the beginning of being dismantled because white people are losing, not their rights but their feeling of entitlement, of privilege if you will. White people built this country with the sweat of their legally purchased slaves. We accepted as the White Man's Burden the responsibility of supporting them and giving them some moral guidance and indoctrination, and this is the thanks we get. :roll:

Once upon a time it was ok to be poor because "at least I'm not [black]. Now you're poor and unemployed and all the blacks and hispanics are getting the jobs you could count on. The rules have changed and its just not fair. S its time to push back against the unfirness of my life.

And the Minorities, especially the blacks have nowhere else to go, so they're attacking the symbols of white entitlement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by dscott8   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am

dscott8
Commodore

Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:22 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:Well of course they're just looking for something to scream "I'M OFFENDED!!!" about and get attention. That's so obvious it's hardly worth mentioning! Their only 'cause' is their own inflated egos.
———————————
Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do remember history are doomed to watch everybody else repeat it.

Those who managed to get offended by the statue of long-dead general - yes, for them the cause is exactly their own inflated egos, not the real discrimination.

Those staues of long dead generals were almost all raised either in and around the 1900s to 1920s when the south was going crazy with Jim Crow laws... or in and around the 1960s when the South was throwing a giant tantrum over the Civil Rights act.

They were not respectful memorials of the war fallen. They were not historical preservationist efforts trying to educate people on a dark time in the nation's history. They were racist political statements directed at the uppity black people trying to get rights... designed to throw in their face the "great heroes" who fought to keep them slaves like they belonged and make them look at statues *glorifying and celebrating* them on government land in their own cities every single day. They were *intended* to be an insult to black people.

I suggest anyone who does not take offense at them still being up is the problem here.
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
I suggest anyone who does not take offense at them still being up is the problem here.

I'm Russian so I'm not obliged to take offense by your statues anyway. :lol: Baiscally the only pretense that you actually could imagine to the statues is that they -
Those staues of long dead generals were almost all raised either in and around the 1900s to 1920s when the south was going crazy with Jim Crow laws... or in and around the 1960s when the South was throwing a giant tantrum over the Civil Rights act.

- so, I take that anything actually build in former Confederacy states during 1900-1920s could be considered "racist political statements". :) Towns, railroads, briges...

They were *intended* to be an insult to black people.

They were intended to be part of national heritage, that your ansestors consider worth saving fifty years ago. Seriously, you have your chances in 1865! You could convict Jefferson Davis & all Confederacy leaders as traitors and hung them as common criminals, put Lee & all surrendered Confederacy generals in chains for the rest of his life, took every ounce of wealth plantation owners have and gave it to former slaves. You could literally exterminate any remaining part of Confederacy "glory" and "heritage", stomp them into the mud, and nobody then would say anything against it.

Your ancestors for some convoluted reasons decide to go other way. They may be mistaken, but this mistake now is part of your history, and you could not remedy it by taking rather stupid actions by now just because some stupid mens took offense of some statues, placed long past the events.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:19 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

- so, I take that anything actually build in former Confederacy states during 1900-1920s could be considered "racist political statements". :) Towns, railroads, briges...

You couldn't possibly actually be that stupid so I'm going to assume you're playing dumb because you have no argument. Nobody could really be clueless enough to think that the argument was they were racist because they were built in southern states.

It is WHAT was built that is the problem, not where they were built.

Built a bridge or a railroad in Berlin? Fine. Built a statue saying "Our glorious Hero Hitler" in Berlin (OR ANYWHERE ELSE)? Fucking problem. Get it?

They were *intended* to be an insult to black people.

They were intended to be part of national heritage, that your ansestors consider worth saving fifty years ago.

Umm, no. No they weren't. They were considered a really good way to stick it to black people.

Return to Politics