Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

The Corrosion of Americas Vital Institutions

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Corrosion of Americas Vital Institutions
Post by gcomeau   » Tue May 07, 2019 3:43 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:And you DID notice your entire response lacked a single attempt to deny Trump is trying to do all of these things and fell back entirely on attempts to convince he will be unsuccessful.

Are you really ok with a wannabe fascist strongman in the presidency just because you think he will be not entirely successful at corrupting the nation's governing institutions???

Because damn.... low bar.

With the exception of Washington and Jefferson ALL of the presidents eventually want to become dictators. That's why the checks and balances were written into the constitution in the first place. They are working. He has power and can do a lot but he also has limits. No he's not happy about them and would love to get rid of them but he can't.

I wonder if biochem would still try making this argument if he were still around and posting today... considering how Trump and McConnell have spent the last 2 years stacking the judiciary with unqualified loyalist hacks, the Attorney General has been replaced with someone willing to openly and flagrantly lie about the outcome of an investigation to protect Trump from the law, and Trump is now openly defying Congress's power to conduct oversight or issue subpoenas to his administration while McConnell aids and abets him at every single turn.

(Oh, and Trump has spent the last 2 years also openly admiring the leadership style of multiple dictators)

Those checks and balances only work IF THEY ARE UPHELD.

The Republican party is actively, deliberately, systematically ripping them down.
Post by smr   » Tue May 07, 2019 5:54 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Don't worry Gcomeau, you only have 6 more years to complain about Trump and him being a dictator. Then we will see you change your tune and eat your words. Well you seem to eat your words quite a lot concerning Donald J. Trump. How did that Mueller Report work for you? Oh wait, I'm sorry that did not work out well for you at all. I see you have gotten over the Russian Collusion Hoax. :D I know Hilary was robbed of the election, it was stolen. I'm sorry that she lose by about 100,000 votes in 3 states. Maybe if your girl had bothered to campaign in those states, Trump would be in Moscow creating another Trump Tower! Well you can console yourself that she won the popular vote even though the voting system does not work that way.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote: How did that Mueller Report work for you?

smr, until you actually read the report you have nothing relevant to say on that subject. Your endless repetitions of what you claim it said without being able to address its actually content in any way whatsoever are the ramblings of a child.

As is your constant habit of responding to posts without actually addressing ANY of the arguments or data contained in them and instead just launching taunts or trying to change the subject. As you just did here, again.
Post by smr   » Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

When you come up with some logical arguments that make me pause and think. I will credit you for that. Snowflake the desperation that you display by insisting that Trump is guilty of Russian Collusion makes me mock you.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue May 07, 2019 7:37 pm

TFLYTSNBN

I found a photo of Gcomeau!

https://www.toonpool.com/cartoons/Ostrich_109374

What planet was this photo taken on?
Post by gcomeau   » Tue May 07, 2019 8:33 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the quality of US conservative intellectual discourse distilled into only a handful of posts.
Post by smr   » Tue May 07, 2019 8:54 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I found a photo of Gcomeau!

https://www.toonpool.com/cartoons/Ostrich_109374

What planet was this photo taken on?

How do you clean your head when you remove it from your posterior. Your husband or wife must hate to do the washing!
Post by Daryl   » Wed May 08, 2019 1:00 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

For the tenth time he isn't insisting on that. He is simply pointing out that the Mueller Report doesn't exonerate Trump, and that it is dishonest to say that it did.
smr wrote:When you come up with some logical arguments that make me pause and think. I will credit you for that. Snowflake the desperation that you display by insisting that Trump is guilty of Russian Collusion makes me mock you.
Post by Joat42   » Wed May 08, 2019 2:32 am

Joat42
Admiral

It's been scientifically proven that people who have a strong emotional investment into their beliefs disregard facts that proves them wrong.

Which places a lot of people supporting Trump; no matter what, in the same category as anti-vaxxers, Däniken supporters, Illumati proponents and those who believe the world is secretly run by lizard-people.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 pm

TFLYTSNBN

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... 51582.html

Justice Thomas addressed this issue years ago.

Return to Politics