Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by Joat42   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Annachie wrote:I've come to suspect that there is a big group that likes the idea of Trump being a dictator because somehow they see themselves ending up on top.

The problem with being a dictator, sooner or later everything goes to shit because the primary concern will always be to keep being the dictator and damn the consequences.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:56 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

All Heil Hillary! All Heil Hilary! Sieg Hilary! Wait I thought this was the joke forum because where accusing the US President as a modern day Caesar or Hitler. Who knew someone actually was serious about this topic. He's being accused of being a Dictator. I thought people believed he was joke...a tool...an incompenent buffoon. I am a little slow here which appellation is he again. He must be some dancing fool superstar because he is definitely dancing cirles around his enemies.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

No smr, as usual you have little if any idea on what you are talking about.

He's being accused of wanting to be an actual dictator rather than being dicratorial.

That he is dictatorial is beyond dispute, but no doubt yoy will try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Annachie wrote:I've come to suspect that there is a big group that likes the idea of Trump being a dictator because somehow they see themselves ending up on top.

I feel the same way if Hilary had one! That's irony for you.
Post by The E   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:17 pm

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:All Heil Hillary! All Heil Hilary! Sieg Hilary! Wait I thought this was the joke forum because where accusing the US President as a modern day Caesar or Hitler. Who knew someone actually was serious about this topic. He's being accused of being a Dictator. I thought people believed he was joke...a tool...an incompenent buffoon. I am a little slow here which appellation is he again. He must be some dancing fool superstar because he is definitely dancing cirles around his enemies.

*Sigh*

smr, you need to understand this: A person can be multiple things at once. Like you, a self-described multiracial mutt playing foot-soldier for racists. Or like Trump, a pretty stupid and apparently quite senile old man with power fantasies being both incompetent and authoritarian.
Post by ywing14   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:20 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Annachie wrote:No smr, as usual you have little if any idea on what you are talking about.

He's being accused of wanting to be an actual dictator rather than being dicratorial.

That he is dictatorial is beyond dispute, but no doubt yoy will try.

Are you saying he's dictatorial because of the number of executive orders he's issued? I'm not sure we can use that meter stick until after his 4 year term.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:49 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

No Ywing.

The biggest single indicator is his well publicised demand for personal loyalty to him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by ywing14   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:52 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Annachie wrote:No Ywing.

The biggest single indicator is his well publicised demand for personal loyalty to him.

Ahh well I would agree he's pretty overbearing and can be dictatorial. Though I cant say I'm surprised since many business owners are that way. Not really an effective way to run a country though.
Post by Joat42   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 am

Joat42
Admiral

ywing14 wrote:
Annachie wrote:No Ywing.

Ahh well I would agree he's pretty overbearing and can be dictatorial. Though I cant say I'm surprised since many business owners are that way. Not really an effective way to run a country though.

Or a company for that matter..

Demanding loyalty - there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:01 am

smr
Vice Admiral

https://i.redd.it/ztv3md1m3cl11.jpg

If Trump is using dictatorial powers then "Just Do It"; declassify the FISA warrants. Let all that is hidden be revealed.

https://i.redd.it/twnadq9v68l11.jpg

Return to Politics