Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by Daryl   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:40 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

For the tenth time, if the Clintons had actually broken the law, they would have been jailed long before now. All the machinery of government and the legal system is at the disposal of Trump and the Republicans. Either the Clintons are completely innocent, or their enemies are totally incompetent, possibly both.

smr wrote:The first two eo I think they are going after HRC, Obaman, and others for UraniumOne, Fisagate, and Spygate.

The last eo is the one that concerns me because their is so much potential of abuse by a Democratic or a Republican Leader. This eo concerns me the most. It would be easy to become a dictator under this type of proclamation. I was trying to keep with the spirit of this forum's title.

Gcomeau bite me. I have maintained for many years that Hilary and Bill deserve to be in jail. Quit trying to link me Q Anon so you can marginalize me. I can discredit myself very easily. Thank you very much. Please go back to your home grown herbs because you get awfully angry when you are not lighting up.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 am

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:The first two eo I think they are going after HRC, Obaman, and others for UraniumOne, Fisagate, and Spygate.

The last eo is the one that concerns me because their is so much potential of abuse by a Democratic or a Republican Leader. This eo concerns me the most. It would be easy to become a dictator under this type of proclamation. I was trying to keep with the spirit of this forum's title.

Gcomeau bite me. I have maintained for many years that Hilary and Bill deserve to be in jail. Quit trying to link me Q Anon so you can marginalize me. I can discredit myself very easily. Thank you very much. Please go back to your home grown herbs because you get awfully angry when you are not lighting up.

You are the typical and willing victim of Project Alamo, in other words an useful idiot.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:11 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Ironic, of course, given the Alamo's connection to slavery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by dscott8   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 am

dscott8
Commodore

ywing14 wrote:
Joat42 wrote:
Demanding loyalty - there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Not the way I'd want to do it but plenty of people run successful companies that way.

In my 30+ years in a business career, I came to the conclusion that one cannot run a successful company without being a petty, vindictive, amoral son of a bitch.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
In my 30+ years in a business career, I came to the conclusion that one cannot run a successful company without being a petty, vindictive, amoral son of a bitch.

4 things I don't think I've ever heard as descriptions of Bill Gates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

1st rules to learn in military and business: never criticize (dang American version of word...mom's English and learn to spell English way of critise) the big boss.
Post by Joat42   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:53 am

Joat42
Admiral

Annachie wrote:
dscott8 wrote:

All those descriptions where more or less apt for Bill when he ran the company.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:08 am

dscott8
Commodore

Annachie wrote:
dscott8 wrote:

CEOs put on a public image of benevolence because it's good for the business.
Post by The E   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:41 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:1st rules to learn in military and business: never criticize (dang American version of word...mom's English and learn to spell English way of critise) the big boss.

First rule of being happy in your job: If your boss can't handle criticism, look for a better boss.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:33 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

So apparently Trump and Kim Jong Un are now officially friends.

Trump makes a LOT of dictator friends who he really enjoys the company of and speaks praisingly of and deliberately props up the legitimacy of in public.

That is something that really, really, really actually matters as much as the GOP and Trump's supporters try to pretend it doesn't.

Return to Politics