Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

When do we just call the Russia thing a criminal conspiracy?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: When do we just call the Russia thing a criminal conspir
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:23 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Ok, if this wasn't so dangerous it would be purely pathetic.

All of Trump's national security advisors went into a full damage control scramble this morning, and the best they could come up with was to trot Trump out and have him read this a full 24 hours after the original statement he made:

"I thought that I made myself very clear, but having just reviewed the transcript...I realized that there is a need for some clarification. The sentence should have been...'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia'."

First of all, that makes no sense whatsoever. The entire rest of the press conference was him talking about how Putin made such a strong denial, how the investigation into the election attack had damaged US/Russia relations, how he doesn't see Putin as an enemy but a competitor and that's a compliment...

If he wants to change that one single sentence now, that only puts it in direct contradiction to the entire body of his other remarks at the summit. So pretending that somehow fixed his problem is crazy.

Not to mention if you don't ignore the sentence immediately before the one he is trying to retroactively reweite it makes even LESS sense.

"I have President Putin; he just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be."

That is just tortured.

But if that wasn't enough, Trump is clearly so far under Putin's thumb that he barely even paused to take a breath after finishing reading his script before he clearly panicked and threw in an ad lib From earlier in his statement there was this:

"I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. It could be other people also. There’s a lot of people out there. "

That bolded bit on the end is clearly 100% pure Trump shooting off his mouth off script. He made it ONE SECOND before walking back his own walk back.

I can only imagine his entire national security team putting dents in their desks with their foreheads about now.
Last edited by gcomeau on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

He does the best flip flops.

It's about 50/50 now that the 25th will be used within two months.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:05 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The scream came from the audience. The duke was half-risen from his seat, his tortured knuckles at his mouth. As they watched he lurched forward between the shocked people.
'No! I did not do it! It was not like that! You cannot say it was like that! You were not there!'
He stared at the upturned faces around him, and sagged.
'Nor was I,' he giggled. 'I was asleep at the time, you know. I remember it quite well. There was blood on the counterpane, there was blood on the floor, I could not wash off the blood, but these are not proper subjects for the inquiry. I cannot allow the discussion of national security. It was just a dream, and when I awoke, he'd be alive tomorrow. And tomorrow it wouldn't have happened because it was not done. And tomorrow you can say I did not know.
And tomorrow you can say I had no recollection. What a noise he made in falling! Enough to wake the dead . . . who would have thought he had so much blood in him? . . .' By now he had climbed on to the stage, and grinned brightly at the assembled company.
'I hope that sorts it all out,' he said. 'Ha. Ha.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:42 am

gcomeau
Admiral

So... how likely do you think they are to flip "U.S. Person 1" after they read them this?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/ ... 2445651970
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Sounds like it's Chris Cox, NRA's head lobyist.

Doubt he'd flip.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Sounds like it's Chris Cox, NRA's head lobyist.

Doubt he'd flip.

I was thinking Paul Erickson... and considering they also have him sending e-mails trying to set up Russia/Trump campaign contacts I think Mueller might have him under his boot by now...
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:55 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And now he has fully walked back his walkback, once again siding with Russia over his own intelligence officers.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1019627461968056320

I imagine throngs of advisers in the White House are frantically berating him now trying to get him to make a statement saying he meant to say "not no"

Putin. Owns. Trump.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I'd have thought he was older than 53.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:51 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:I'd have thought he was older than 53.

Can't find his exact birthday, but looks like his birth year is 1961 if an article about him in the Rapid City Journal got it right... which makes him either 56 or 57 and the indictment says Person 1 is 56 so it seems to fit.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:23 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Well there are reports circulating that Cohen is ready to tell Mueller that Trump himself knew about and approved the Trump Tower meeting seeking Russian assistance for the campaign.

Return to Politics