Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gcomeau and 2 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Joat42   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1530
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am
Location: Sweden

By the way, has everyone here heard of the Posse Commitatus act?

Just asking, because there seems to be some who hasn't.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Joat42 wrote:So... Trump says that if someone throws a rock at the military they can shoot them. From that you have through your faulty reasoning come to the conclusion that the military will be overrun by an angry, rock throwing mob of illegal immigrants.

No, I am calling bullshit on you and gcomeau's claims that soldiers are never justified in shooting at rock-throwing 'civilians' under any circumstances, by presenting circumstances where it IS justified.

If they are ordered NOT to shoot back in that situation, those that gave the orders are guilty of murder.

Joat42 wrote:By the way, has everyone here heard of the Posse Commitatus act?

Yes, it prohibits the use of federal troops against US citizens. But, fighting foreign invaders is their JOB.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2710
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Joat42 wrote:By the way, has everyone here heard of the Posse Commitatus act?

Just asking, because there seems to be some who hasn't.
Like everything in the GOP world, it's open to being reinterpreted to say whatever they want it to say.


Imaginos' post above, which I didn't see when I posted, perfectly illustrates my point.

People seeking assylum became Illegal Immigrants, and now foreign invaders.

Reinterpreted to be whatever he wants them to be to justify his hatre mongering.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:46 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

1. They are foreign.
2. Their original intent was to mob the border and overrun the Border Patrol. That's the very definition of an invasion.

If they were actually seeking asylum, they would come individually, not as a battalion.

But, you don't like the facts, so you label them 'racism' and 'hate mongering'.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:16 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

Sigh. Gcomeau, re-read my post, please. IF situation deteriorated to the point when illegals started to throw rocks at US soldiers, then the question "shoot back or not" is basically already meaningless. Because at this point violence already started, and it is impossible to restore order without inflicting at least SOME casualties. Sorry, the stun pistols and paralyzing rays that could knock out peoples without serious harm are still fiction.

And if violence became unavoidable, there are strong arguments for using lethal power, because it have more psychological effect than non-lethal means. There are reasons to assume that by shooting some rioters & thus scaring others into submission you would inflict less harm, than by trying to subdue rioters by theoretically-nonlethal means (which always led to SOME casualties too)
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:52 am

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2710
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

How come you know what their intent is?
You don't.

Ever heard of a little thing called safety in numbers? Especially when walking across Mexico, which is not exactly the safest thing to do?
Actually, that whole "helping your fellow man" thing that creates things like the convoy is foreign to the GOP's mind set so I can forgive that one.

You have real no idea what their intent is, and have now reclasified them as foreign invaders to justify your desire to just have them killed. Otherwise, why try and justify shooting them well before they get to the border?
It's not like they have guns or tanks or anything. Or body armour.

You are ignoring US military rules, US law, the US constitution, and international law for that matter, with the actions you say you want the US military to do.

We can only assume that the reason is pure racism
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

Annachie wrote:How come you know what their intent is?
You don't.


Their intents are meaningless. We are talking about the POSSIBLE situation, if things on the border turns violent (which case would probably be the result of mistakes on BOTH sides). IF the situation turns violent, and peaceful illegals turns angry invaders, THEN I agree that use of deadly force is justified.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Annachie wrote:Reinterpreted to be whatever he wants them to be to justify his hatre mongering.

I’m not ‘reinterpreting’ anything. I’m taking things back to their actual meanings.

I am not one of the crowd that’s trying to redefine everything so as not to offend their delicate sensibilities. As if finding just the right innocuous words will make everything all better.

Unfortunately for them, not everybody buys into the Newspeak. Some of us have the balls to stand up against wussification, and call things what they are.

There are a lot of idiots in the world that believe applying a politically correct label to a thing will change what it is. They are full of shit.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:22 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2358
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Even Fox News just pulled Trump's recent anti immigrant scare Ad for being too racist.

Fox News.

Do you know how freaking bad you have to be to have FOX NEWS refuse to air an advertisement from a Republican president?
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 am

isaac_newton
Commodore

Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Annachie wrote:Reinterpreted to be whatever he wants them to be to justify his hatre mongering.

I’m not ‘reinterpreting’ anything. I’m taking things back to their actual meanings.

I am not one of the crowd that’s trying to redefine everything so as not to offend their delicate sensibilities. As if finding just the right innocuous words will make everything all better.

Unfortunately for them, not everybody buys into the Newspeak. Some of us have the balls to stand up against wussification, and call things what they are.

There are a lot of idiots in the world that believe applying a politically correct label to a thing will change what it is. They are full of shit.



sadly, balls without brains.
:roll:

there are even more idiots that spew the phrase 'political correctness' around to avoid seeing if there is any truth to be considered.
Top

Return to Politics