Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:03 am

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

gcomeau wrote:
The world just *literally* laughed at the President of The United States telling idiotic lies about how accomplished his administration is.


"We need a President who isn't a laughing stock to the entire World."

Guess who tweeted that comment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by The E   » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:53 am

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

Annachie wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
The world just *literally* laughed at the President of The United States telling idiotic lies about how accomplished his administration is.


"We need a President who isn't a laughing stock to the entire World."

Guess who tweeted that comment.


Best thing about this is that Trump, in typical Trumpian "I can't make mistakes ever" fashion, has tried to play this incident off as him having intended his speech as a joke.

So, wait, all that bragging he's been doing was a joke, and the UN General Assembly were just the first to get it?
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:33 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

Trump seems to be playing his entire Presidential career so far as "I meant to do that."

I wonder what he'll mean to do next?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:37 am

isaac_newton
Captain of the List

Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

Michael Everett wrote:Trump seems to be playing his entire Presidential career so far as "I meant to do that."

I wonder what he'll mean to do next?




AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

rubs off screaming at the thought!
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 pm

gcomeau
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

It becomes clearer and clearer why Trump threw tantrums at the idea Mueller might look into his financials.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... ce-2018-10

He should be in prison, not the White House...
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:50 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1100
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

That happened over a year ago, they found nothing! Good luck with that argument. The Mueller probe has shed 4 lawyers within the last month especially after the fraud was brought to the public's attention about the FISA abuse.

gcomeau wrote:It becomes clearer and clearer why Trump threw tantrums at the idea Mueller might look into his financials.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... ce-2018-10

He should be in prison, not the White House...
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Posts: 633
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Thompson, CT USA

smr wrote:That happened over a year ago, they found nothing! Good luck with that argument. The Mueller probe has shed 4 lawyers within the last month especially after the fraud was brought to the public's attention about the FISA abuse.

gcomeau wrote:It becomes clearer and clearer why Trump threw tantrums at the idea Mueller might look into his financials.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... ce-2018-10

He should be in prison, not the White House...


Or else they found a lot and are withholding it to prevent the charge that an unbiased jury could not be empaneled??
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:34 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

Does anyone else think that Trump has come across the Twenty Rules of Internet Activism? He seems to hold fast to quite a few of them and apply them to real life.

1. You are always right, never at any moment reflect on yourself in a critical way. You are a super smart special snowflake and the sheeple better recognize.
- Yep, that's a good description of Trump as seen from outside America.

2. Your opinions are the only good opinions always and forever. Smart people always belittle and dismiss any remotely different worldview because they already have the right opinions, so what the fuck are they going to do with knowledge that doesn't reinforce preconceived notions? Also, reading books is obsolete, get all your book-learning from blogs, they're quick, free, and have absolutely no fact-checkers or peer review!
- Again, seems like how Trump operates...

3. Make an echo chamber. Do not allow critical comments on your art (read: demotivators and google image search photos with pithy quotes photoshopped on). Surround yourself with like minded people and keep 'em close, don't be afraid to block and delete comments from the heathens. The one true sign of a free-thinking, brilliantly intellectual individual is that he endlessly parrots talking points from his fellow circlejerkers.
- And how many people has Trump fired for disagreeing with him?

4. Learn the US Constitution. It's the only constitution that applies due to how much freedom is contained within its words. The First Amendment grants you the freedom to speak your mind without any repercussions or consequences and anyone who criticizes you is obviously a fascist or a communist. Or perhaps both.
- 'murika. Nuff sed.

5. Strawman arguments are the best way to respond to haters. When you make a strawman, it's witty satire, when the other guy does it, it's terrible and immature and he should be ashamed of himself.
- Seems to describe most of his public spats... I mean interviews.

6. Evangelize for the cause. You need to win people's minds if you're going to be the intellectual juggernaut you know you are. The best way to win someone is to call them names and inform them that they wouldn't be so damn stupid if their opinions were your opinions.
- Since his cause is himself... I'll have to say it applies.

7. Pick a cause and never, ever, ever shut up about it. Make pictures about it, write poorly formatted rants about it, make stamps about it, do whatever you can as often as you can. You're not obsessed, you're dedicated.
- See no. 6.

8. Your opinions are right even when they contradict themselves. For example: If someone you like got elected, it's clearly the people speaking out in favor of what's right. If they don't win the election, then it's clear proof that democracy doesn't work because the peasants are too stupid and impure to understand that you alone know what's best for everyone and that this vile tyranny of the majority vote must be overthrown and replaced by either an anarchist society (because Anarchy always works wonderfully, see Somalia or the Spanish Civil War.) or a dictatorship helmed by someone who represents all your opinions (Power won't corrupt them because your side is morally better and won't do such things as kill dissenters by the thousands like Pinochet or Jorge Videla.)
- Anyone remember Trump's attitudes towards Kim Jong-Il and Vladimir Putin?

9. The other side is both a crazy, irrational minority or an evil oppressive monolithic force of evil, depending on whether or not you got your way in the recent election cycle.
- The dude never stops ranting about Hillary! He's in the Oval Office, she isn't, yet he refuses to drop it!

10. Always have a witty rebuttal ready when you debate someone. A good ice burn will show off your impressive wit. Some funny ones are: "enjoy being wrong" "Typical libtard/Fascist" and "You are literally a Nazi"
- Sounds like Trump.

11: Your opinions on morality, science, and everything is totally objective fact and everyone else must recognize this. You know who believed that morality was subjective in a lot of ways and that other cultures and perspectives had merit? The Nazis, that's who!
- Trump is very self-centered. This point may be a stretch, but it's not completely wrong.

12: If you're ask to explain your worldview, make sure you use disingenuous, misleading language and spice it up with glittering generalities, like "Libertarianism is the radical belief that freedom is good", "Feminism is the radical belief that rape is a horrible crime" or "Conservativism is personal responsibility" or "Juche shall pave the way for a glorious unified Korea"
- Does anyone actually know what Trump's worldview is? Beside him being number 1, that is...

13: If someone disagrees with you, it means that they also support everything you don't like. Just like how every single person who didn't vote for Ron Paul supports wiretapping,endless war, baby rape, higher taxes,illegal immigrants, cannibal rape orgies,and the forced extinction of puppies and angels. This is flawless logic and does not in any way make you look like a petulant manbaby.
- Trump seems to love the You're with me or against me way of thinking.

14: If at first you don't get your way, demand a bloody revolution. How else will the powers that be know that your movement is rational and compassionate if you don't loudly fantasize about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of people who don't have your very obviously correct opinions?
- Trump's rants about Hillary imply this point has merit.

15: Your problems, no matter how insignificant or petty, are the biggest problems in the world. How can those fucking ingrates in Syria complain about the military bombing their houses when the fascists made you go to jury duty?
- Bone spurs. 'nuff sed.

16: Accusing other people of being arrogant when you do nothing but scream about your pet ideology from the rooftops and refuse to deal with any criticism is not hypocritical in the least.
- Trump's rants about Hillary...

17. If science supports your viewpoint, it's fine. If science dares to contradict your viewpoint, then what do those fucking eggheads know? They're stupid.
- I haven't actually seen anything Trump has done to support this point, so... I'll say possible but unproven.

18.If you surround yourself with ass-kissers who tell you you're a genius, that makes you right.
- In business and Politics, who does Trump recruit? Yeah. Proven.

19. The best form of dialogue is bumper-sticker level shit. All you need is a slogan and a mean name for the opposite side and you're set.
- Make America Great Again. Crooked Hillary. I'd say proven beyond doubt on this one.

20. Getting banned from a website is censorship, banning people from your circlejerk for disagreements isn't.
- And how many people has Trump fired for disagreeing with him?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:13 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1100
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

To be honest, it sounds like both sides and most of the voters! However, I like the rules. They are very nice!

Michael Everett wrote:Does anyone else think that Trump has come across the Twenty Rules of Internet Activism? He seems to hold fast to quite a few of them and apply them to real life.

1. You are always right, never at any moment reflect on yourself in a critical way. You are a super smart special snowflake and the sheeple better recognize.
- Yep, that's a good description of Trump as seen from outside America.

2. Your opinions are the only good opinions always and forever. Smart people always belittle and dismiss any remotely different worldview because they already have the right opinions, so what the fuck are they going to do with knowledge that doesn't reinforce preconceived notions? Also, reading books is obsolete, get all your book-learning from blogs, they're quick, free, and have absolutely no fact-checkers or peer review!
- Again, seems like how Trump operates...

3. Make an echo chamber. Do not allow critical comments on your art (read: demotivators and google image search photos with pithy quotes photoshopped on). Surround yourself with like minded people and keep 'em close, don't be afraid to block and delete comments from the heathens. The one true sign of a free-thinking, brilliantly intellectual individual is that he endlessly parrots talking points from his fellow circlejerkers.
- And how many people has Trump fired for disagreeing with him?

4. Learn the US Constitution. It's the only constitution that applies due to how much freedom is contained within its words. The First Amendment grants you the freedom to speak your mind without any repercussions or consequences and anyone who criticizes you is obviously a fascist or a communist. Or perhaps both.
- 'murika. Nuff sed.

5. Strawman arguments are the best way to respond to haters. When you make a strawman, it's witty satire, when the other guy does it, it's terrible and immature and he should be ashamed of himself.
- Seems to describe most of his public spats... I mean interviews.

6. Evangelize for the cause. You need to win people's minds if you're going to be the intellectual juggernaut you know you are. The best way to win someone is to call them names and inform them that they wouldn't be so damn stupid if their opinions were your opinions.
- Since his cause is himself... I'll have to say it applies.

7. Pick a cause and never, ever, ever shut up about it. Make pictures about it, write poorly formatted rants about it, make stamps about it, do whatever you can as often as you can. You're not obsessed, you're dedicated.
- See no. 6.

8. Your opinions are right even when they contradict themselves. For example: If someone you like got elected, it's clearly the people speaking out in favor of what's right. If they don't win the election, then it's clear proof that democracy doesn't work because the peasants are too stupid and impure to understand that you alone know what's best for everyone and that this vile tyranny of the majority vote must be overthrown and replaced by either an anarchist society (because Anarchy always works wonderfully, see Somalia or the Spanish Civil War.) or a dictatorship helmed by someone who represents all your opinions (Power won't corrupt them because your side is morally better and won't do such things as kill dissenters by the thousands like Pinochet or Jorge Videla.)
- Anyone remember Trump's attitudes towards Kim Jong-Il and Vladimir Putin?

9. The other side is both a crazy, irrational minority or an evil oppressive monolithic force of evil, depending on whether or not you got your way in the recent election cycle.
- The dude never stops ranting about Hillary! He's in the Oval Office, she isn't, yet he refuses to drop it!

10. Always have a witty rebuttal ready when you debate someone. A good ice burn will show off your impressive wit. Some funny ones are: "enjoy being wrong" "Typical libtard/Fascist" and "You are literally a Nazi"
- Sounds like Trump.

11: Your opinions on morality, science, and everything is totally objective fact and everyone else must recognize this. You know who believed that morality was subjective in a lot of ways and that other cultures and perspectives had merit? The Nazis, that's who!
- Trump is very self-centered. This point may be a stretch, but it's not completely wrong.

12: If you're ask to explain your worldview, make sure you use disingenuous, misleading language and spice it up with glittering generalities, like "Libertarianism is the radical belief that freedom is good", "Feminism is the radical belief that rape is a horrible crime" or "Conservativism is personal responsibility" or "Juche shall pave the way for a glorious unified Korea"
- Does anyone actually know what Trump's worldview is? Beside him being number 1, that is...

13: If someone disagrees with you, it means that they also support everything you don't like. Just like how every single person who didn't vote for Ron Paul supports wiretapping,endless war, baby rape, higher taxes,illegal immigrants, cannibal rape orgies,and the forced extinction of puppies and angels. This is flawless logic and does not in any way make you look like a petulant manbaby.
- Trump seems to love the You're with me or against me way of thinking.

14: If at first you don't get your way, demand a bloody revolution. How else will the powers that be know that your movement is rational and compassionate if you don't loudly fantasize about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of people who don't have your very obviously correct opinions?
- Trump's rants about Hillary imply this point has merit.

15: Your problems, no matter how insignificant or petty, are the biggest problems in the world. How can those fucking ingrates in Syria complain about the military bombing their houses when the fascists made you go to jury duty?
- Bone spurs. 'nuff sed.

16: Accusing other people of being arrogant when you do nothing but scream about your pet ideology from the rooftops and refuse to deal with any criticism is not hypocritical in the least.
- Trump's rants about Hillary...

17. If science supports your viewpoint, it's fine. If science dares to contradict your viewpoint, then what do those fucking eggheads know? They're stupid.
- I haven't actually seen anything Trump has done to support this point, so... I'll say possible but unproven.

18.If you surround yourself with ass-kissers who tell you you're a genius, that makes you right.
- In business and Politics, who does Trump recruit? Yeah. Proven.

19. The best form of dialogue is bumper-sticker level shit. All you need is a slogan and a mean name for the opposite side and you're set.
- Make America Great Again. Crooked Hillary. I'd say proven beyond doubt on this one.

20. Getting banned from a website is censorship, banning people from your circlejerk for disagreements isn't.
- And how many people has Trump fired for disagreeing with him?
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

smr wrote:To be honest, it sounds like both sides and most of the voters! However, I like the rules. They are very nice!

You like the rules...
The rules are very nice...
I don't know how to react to that...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top

Return to Politics