Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Justice Scalia's ghost is saying "What da fuck" over Kavanaugh's dissent in Heller ii.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:Interesting article about negotiation. Now retired, an important part of my last job was negotiating for Defence equipment on behalf of Australia with various arms suppliers from a number of countries. I was initially dumbfounded by some US arms suppliers who negotiated in bad faith, hiding some negative aspects, and out to win at all costs on that specific deal. They were then dumbfounded in turn when I black listed them because they had breached our moral code of conduct. "Aw shucks boy, that was business, don't take it to heart, nothing personal".
Did them a lot of harm, as they lost some bigger deals, and were used as examples in training notes I wrote for our provisioning officers, who then were watching for those tactics.

Good for you! Thank you for taking a stand!!!

... but it is bidness they were involved in ;)
Bidness
1.The opposite of legitimate business. 2.A street hustle, or a shady and mostly illegal business venture.
3. Dealings that aren't exactly "street legal"
Bloomingdales=Business. Selling dresses and purses out of your trunk=Bidness
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:28 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Aparently, he landed in England on Orangemen's day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:37 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

It seems to me that we have reached a constitutional crisis where we have a president who is up to his eyebrows in collusion with Russia while they are under investigation for tampering with our elections and... now this

Watch this to the end and then cross check the claims with your favorite news outlet...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... associated

I am re-reading "A Rising Thunder" and this comment from Admiral Yu jumped out of my Kindle.
It is from the after action meeting where Honor is dealing with the battle with Filareta…
“…In fact he had transmitted his interest in the history of the Legislaturalists and the Committee of Public Safety had both, each for its own reasons, done their best to erase and rewrite…”

We don't expect our president to be doing this.

God knows the Dems are not a pack of Saints but if your only reason to vote for the enablers in congress who have abandoned their constitutional roll as part of the checks and balances in our government then you are also guilty of treason.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump is now using Security Clearances as instruments of petty spite. Taking them away from or threatening to take them away from people who publicly criticize him... or who are prominent figures in the Russia investigation.
Post by pappilon   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:07 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Trump is now using Security Clearances as instruments of petty spite. Taking them away from or threatening to take them away from people who publicly criticize him... or who are prominent figures in the Russia investigation.

Proper legal term is "chilling effect." Of course that only works if the security clearance avails the holder any real advantage. I know mine were good for 1 year and not routinely revoked because my job was more ... seasonal. I can't imagine someone leaving the government and not having their clarances either revoked or seriously down-graded. But I am somewhat naive in that respect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 am

gcomeau
Admiral

pappilon wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Trump is now using Security Clearances as instruments of petty spite. Taking them away from or threatening to take them away from people who publicly criticize him... or who are prominent figures in the Russia investigation.

Proper legal term is "chilling effect." Of course that only works if the security clearance avails the holder any real advantage. I know mine were good for 1 year and not routinely revoked because my job was more ... seasonal. I can't imagine someone leaving the government and not having their clarances either revoked or seriously down-graded. But I am somewhat naive in that respect.

Officials such as former heads of the CIA never get their clearances revoked (unless they specifically abuse them) so that current serving officials can consult them and use their expertise when necessary without having to go through an entire process of re-clearing them.

Brennan is one of the top experts on terrorism in the country. And now nobody at the CIA can consult him on any new developments.

Trump is literally compromising national security so he can punish critics. He didn't even consult any of his intelligence heads before doing this.
Post by smr   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:08 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Well maybe he crossed a line saying Trump is a traitor while being a political commentator/analyst? Food for thought!
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:43 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Well maybe he crossed a line saying Trump is a traitor while being a political commentator/analyst? Food for thought!

Junk food for thought maybe.

He didn't in any way abuse his clearance. Revoking it was a purely petty way to punish a private citizen exercising their free speech, in a way that also damages the ability of the national security apparatus to respond to threats.

All because president tantrum thrower's feelings got hurt.

It's unjustifiable. And people who have any clue what they're talking about know it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/retired-ad ... clearance/
Post by Annachie   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Actualky, Trump has come out and said it was because of the Mueller investigstion.

Literally Obstruction of Justice by Trump.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics