Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by biochem   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:55 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Well Trump's boy Bannon managed to drive the Alabama GOP into nominating what may have been the only Republican in the United States capable of losing a Senate race in Alabama to a Democratic challenger...

Roy Moore was popular in Alabama long before Bannon. And had those accusations not surfaced, he would be Senator now.
Post by biochem   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
There are a lot more Republicans capable of losing elections. 2018 mid terms are coming, and GOP will lose control of the Senate. In 2020, they'll lose the White House.

The Senate will depend on the individual races.

2020 will depend on who the Democrats nominate. They have a huge opening with Trump's obnoxious personality but rather than take advantage of it they seem to be working hard to scour the country to find the candidate most likely to lose to Donald Trump so that they can nominate him/her. Remember it doesn't matter what the blue states think. The swing states decide the election.
Post by cthia   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

He's doing more damage to the country than the Bush's. A feat I personally thought impossible.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by biochem   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:He's doing more damage to the country than the Bush's. A feat I personally thought impossible.

I like a lot of his policies, not so fond of his personality.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:51 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Well Trump's boy Bannon managed to drive the Alabama GOP into nominating what may have been the only Republican in the United States capable of losing a Senate race in Alabama to a Democratic challenger...

Roy Moore was popular in Alabama long before Bannon. And had those accusations not surfaced, he would be Senator now.

Yes, a twice removed from the court (by other Republican judges) for gross misconduct ex-judge who spends all his time ranting about things like how Muslims shouldn't be allowed to serve in office in America would have been elected to the US Senate by the people of Alabama.... and almost still was AFTER over half a dozen women with extremely credible accusations of sexual assault and harassment backed by contemporary accounts of his conduct came forward.

Because they didn't want to vote for the US Attorney who put away KKK bombers because Trump said he was a soft on crime liberal and whatnot.

Maybe dwell on that for a bit. Engage in some self reflection about the state of the party you keep supporting.
Post by The E   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:27 pm

The E
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Because they didn't want to vote for the US Attorney who put away KKK bombers because Trump said he was a soft on crime liberal and whatnot.

Maybe dwell on that for a bit. Engage in some self reflection about the state of the party you keep supporting.

And if that isn't enough, look at yourself and that reflex that makes you want someone in office who has proven several times that he should not hold public office over someone actually qualified just because the qualified person is a liberal.

You keep talking about how Trump and his cronies are there to make politics better, but when it comes down to it, you're still just voting along party lines like a blind sheep.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

President Trump basically threw Moore under a bus for losing, when the President himself is part of the reason for that loss. (Mid terms and bye elections generally suffer from a leader more than they are helped by them)

Think about that for a moment.

Think how that will affect every GOP member of either house in a close race when the mid terms roll around.

Bussing Moore was a huge mistake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:14 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:President Trump basically threw Moore under a bus for losing, when the President himself is part of the reason for that loss. (Mid terms and bye elections generally suffer from a leader more than they are helped by them)

Think how that will affect every GOP member of either house in a close race when the mid terms roll around.

Supporting him in the first place was the huge mistake. Discarding him after he lost was just the inevitable Trump reaction.

"Grossly unqualified? Bigoted? Criminal? No biggie...

HE LOST? Get him from my sight I cannot be associated with such a man!"
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:10 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
Annachie wrote:President Trump basically threw Moore under a bus for losing, when the President himself is part of the reason for that loss. (Mid terms and bye elections generally suffer from a leader more than they are helped by them)

Supporting him in the first place was the huge mistake. Discarding him after he lost was just the inevitable Trump reaction.

"Grossly unqualified? Bigoted? Criminal? No biggie...

HE LOST? Get him from my sight I cannot be associated with such a man!"

And in the latest news Moore is blaming his loss on people voting who aren't white and Christian. Yeah, that's the guy Trump and the GOP supported for the US Senate.
Post by biochem   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

The Republican leadership didn't support Moore. They supported Strange. Moore was (pre scandal) was popular in Alabama but most of the rest of the GOP disliked him. Incidentally the "gross misconduct" he was removed for was his refusal to remove the 10 commandments from his courtroom. In deeply religious Alabama, it increased his popularity. They felt that he was right and the evil godless outsiders were wrong. Outside Alabama it played differently.

After his 4 year term the Democrat will be soundly defeated by a Republican challenger, most likely a very religious conservative. The current leading candidate is Representative Mo Brooks.

Return to Politics