Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Using a child's method of choosing appointees...

Eenie Meenie Miney Moe
Pick an appointee by the toe
If we holler, let him go
Eenie Meenie Miney Moe

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:24 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It's not a good sign that aparently Pres. Trump is not letting the White House call the new healthcare plan Trumpcare.

If he thought it was good, or would be popular, he'd have his name all over it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Well, I also care about the little things - the fringe benefits of his presidency, certainly since there ain't much else he's given us thus far...

He killed the best SNL skit to date, Alec Baldwin's Trump impersonation—simply because the man is a sore loser and ain't got no humor.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:15 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

They appear to not understand that they have a State Department, or what it is for.

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2017 ... htm#MEXICO

OPERATOR: Thank you. Tracy Wilkinson with Los Angeles Times, please, go ahead. Your line is open.

QUESTION: Hi. Yes, thank you. Hi, Mark. I see that the foreign minister of Mexico is in town, Luis Videgaray, meeting with – according to the Mexicans – Kushner, Gary Cohn, and McMaster. Is there no State Department meeting with him? And if not, why not?

MR TONER: Tracy, good question. We’ll take that and get back to you. I was unaware that he was – the foreign minister was in town. And I’m not sure – I can’t speak to whether there’s going to be any meetings at the State Department at any level. I’ll take the question.

The State Department spokesman didn't even know the Mexican Foreign Minister was in town. Who is attending the meeting instead? The president's Son in Law.

Further corroborating widespread reports that Trump is simply ignoring the entire department and letting his family members oversee US foreign policy. Because that's totally the kind of thing advanced first world democratic republics do and not, you know, third world Banana Republics. :roll:

Making Nepotism Great Again.
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:50 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:It's not a good sign that aparently Pres. Trump is not letting the White House call the new healthcare plan Trumpcare.

If he thought it was good, or would be popular, he'd have his name all over it.

He shouldn't because that would make it an even bigger target.

"Trumpcare" would be a moron's oxymoron.

Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:54 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Fairs fair, we have a thread for things he's done right. So we should have one for what he's done wrong.

#Trumpcare.

Because he doesn't.
Hell, arguably unconstitutional. (In parts)

He´s still breathing isn´t he?
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:01 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I'm willing to bet that threatening Congress in an attempt to get the new health care passed will be considered a doozy of an example of getting it wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:57 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast ... story.html

I want to hear more about Trump's temperate foreign policy approach that won't get us into wars like Clinton would have... :roll:

Trump like pound chest and make things go boom. Make Trump feel big and tough.

That is about the extent of what you need to know about Trump's approach to using the military.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Siphoning more taxpayer money into the family bank accounts...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/30/politics/ ... g-to-meet/

There is a White House and Camp David for this. But holding meetings there doesn't fill the family coffers with the taxpayers funds. How many weekends does he have to spend at a Trump property directing taxpayer money into his own family's pockets before conservatives who claim to be against government corruption start giving a crap?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:31 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And just in the "wrong because it's sooooooo stupid" category:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... gr%5Etweet

Trump just declared war on his own base because he's throwing a tantrum over the disaster of a healthcare bill *nobody* wanted to pass not passing.

This one I'm just going to munch popcorn and watch with an amused grin on my face...

Return to Politics