Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:49 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Why the immigration narrative now?

Could the fact that their having those pesky little hearings on C-Span and certain parties wish to distract from the hearings.

Or could it be Trump suddenly started child internment camps?

No....no... I'm sure it's totally your thing.
Post by smr   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Who started separating illegal immigrant families...? Oh you don't want to admit that do you? Just what I thought.

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Why the immigration narrative now?

Could the fact that their having those pesky little hearings on C-Span and certain parties wish to distract from the hearings.

Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Who started separating illegal immigrant families...? Oh you don't want to admit that do you? Just what I thought.

gcomeau wrote:

Trump. Trump did.

While the were isolated *instances* of that occurring before this policy was enacted it was only in matters where it was specifically deemed necessary. Such as when there was evidence the guardian with the child was manifestly unfit to care for them. In most cases the families were kept together while their case was processed.

No administration in US history has ever just torn thousands of immigrant kids from their parents indescriminately and then throw the kids in cages en masse. And basically flat out admitted they were doing it with the intent to traumatize those kids to use as an intimidation and deterrent tool.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:53 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Reported that in a rally speech on the 20th June, Trump lied 29 times in an hour. Not bad at nearly one every two minutes.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:29 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

So this week while we got to deal with the "let's throw immigrant children in cages" issue we also had Trump decide to play "let's see how much more I can do impressions of the Nazis" and go hunt up anyone who had ever been the victim of a crime by an illegal immigrant then parade them in front of the country to send the message that they are dangerous (Nevermind that they commit crimes at a lower rate than the general population.)

Which is the *exact same thing* the Nazis used to do with Jews... publishing lists of any crimes committed by Jews as if those were somehow different and special compared to crimes committed by anyone else, for the sole purpose of portraying that one specific group as particularly criminal. (Cue a Trump supporter completely failing to understand the point and saying "But they're ILLEGALS! AHA!")

Also referred to them "infesting" the country. Called them "animals". Guess who else used that language about specific racial and ethnic groups?

And in the meantime we have Trump supporters wringing their hands because someone texted that Trump was a douche to his girlfriend... and omg that is an emergency we must deal with immediately.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:36 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

I fail to see the point of the pig picture.
I guess it's an American thing like their almost religious love of Bacon...
Is it National Pig Day?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:41 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:I fail to see the point of the pig picture.
Is it National Pig Day?

No, pretty sure it's an smr thing. When he has no actual substantive response he posts a random cartoon to make it look like he has an answer of some kind.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:54 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

The poor pig and/or rich pig is getting the donkey to do all the work by allure of the carrot (treat). If the carrot is too close well the donkey gets the treat and no more free ride. If the carrot is too far the donkey will not work to get the carrot (treat). The whole trick is to keep the donkey working by offering the reward of a carrot. The pig has learned how to put the carrot just far enough that the donkey will keep working to get that carrot but the donkey will never actually get the carrot. Sorry, I thought that was self-explanatory.

See posting just before the cartoon.

Michael Everett wrote:I fail to see the point of the pig picture.
Is it National Pig Day?
Last edited by smr on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by The E   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:04 pm

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:The poor pig and/or rich pig is getting the donkey to do all the work by allure of the carrot (treat). If the carrot is too close well the donkey gets the treat and no more free ride. If the carrot is too far the donkey will not work to get the carrot (treat). The whole trick is to keep the donkey working by offering the reward of a carrot. The pig has learned how to put the carrot just far enough that the donkey will keep working to get that carrot but the donkey will never actually get the carrot. Sorry, I thought that was self-explanatory.

You know, actual political cartoonists at least have the decency to put explanatory captions on things to explain what their drawings mean in context.

Do you know how context works, smr?

Return to Politics