Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zyffyr and 12 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:30 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:It's Pence.

Or someone trying to be clever and implicate him.

If they let him resign and do not prosecute him as his actions deserve... I will be deeply disappointed (more deeply)
And WTF with "Trump to Preside Over U.N. Security Council" at the same time that Russia is thumping its' chest in the Mediterranean and Syria???

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/06/us/p ... -iran.html

Matthew 24:6-13

"Turn out the lights... the party is over"
"It was nice while it lasted?"

"If I can't have it... NO ONE WILL!"
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Joat42   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Joat42
Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:
Annachie wrote:It's Pence.

Or someone trying to be clever and implicate him.

If they let him resign and do not prosecute him as his actions deserve... I will be deeply disappointed (more deeply)

Who are you referring to? Pence or an impostor?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:17 am

smr
Vice Admiral

You hang on to anything negative about Trump and assume that it's the literal truth! Kind of the kettle calling the pot black in that regard. Trump is a Rat Bastard but he's the US's bastard and the rest of the World can kiss Trump's grits. I'm sorry I know that excites certain individuals within this forum. Cheers! Have a blessed day! Oh by the way, Obama did that as a parting shot. He ensured that their was going to be nearly impossible to fire many of the previous government heads. Nice move President Obama! President Trump paybacks can be hell but remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

gcomeau wrote:This is probably worse than the Woodward book.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opin ... tance.html

That is a senior White House official sounding the alarm that there are entire groups of people inside this administration who are maintaining their jobs there only for the purposes of trying to keep Trump from destroying the country. It is full of a point by point deconstruction of everything that makes Trump simply unfit for office.

Some of the more damning highlights...

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

Note, that is small "d" democratic. As in, anti-democracy. Something that has been pointed out in these forums time after time and laughed off as left wing hysteria by certain apologists on this forum. Now here it is from inside hiw own admin...

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

“There is literally no telling whether he might change his mind from one minute to the next,” a top official complained to me recently, exasperated by an Oval Office meeting at which the president flip-flopped on a major policy decision he’d made only a week earlier.

Yeah that's what you want in the leader of the country... "half baked ill informed" reckless impulsiveness that he just throws out and then changes on a whim at any minute.

Take foreign policy: In public and in private, President Trump shows a preference for autocrats and dictators, such as President Vladimir Putin of Russia and North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, and displays little genuine appreciation for the ties that bind us to allied, like-minded nations.

Another point made on these forums and dismissed by his apologists as unfounded.

Etc....

The summary of the article, which I don't think the author necessarily intended to communicate, is that America is being led by a completely unfit ignorant unstable tantrum throwing man child who has leanings towards wanting to be a dictator... but don't worry his staff is sabotaging all his impulses wherever they can, covering for him, and often just plain ignoring the ranting crybaby they are babysitting to keep in power as a figurehead and setting their own agenda so they can get tax breaks and stuff...

He should have been impeached a freaking year ago.
Post by dscott8   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:44 am

dscott8
Commodore

smr wrote:You hang on to anything negative about Trump and assume that it's the literal truth! Kind of the kettle calling the pot black in that regard. Trump is a Rat Bastard but he's the US's bastard and the rest of the World can kiss Trump's grits. I'm sorry I know that excites certain individuals within this forum. Cheers! Have a blessed day! Oh by the way, Obama did that as a parting shot. He ensured that their was going to be nearly impossible to fire many of the previous government heads. Nice move President Obama! President Trump paybacks can be hell but remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Trump is not the US's bastard. He's his own bastard, first and last. He's also a tool -- literally. He's been used by the rich to pass a huge tax scam, by evangelicals to dismantle the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, and by Russia to provoke internal conflict in the US and weaken NATO and the EU.
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:19 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Your welcome to your viewpoint.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:21 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

smr wrote:Your welcome to your viewpoint.

It is a cult that you belong to... one that has its members heads so far up their ass they are seeing daylight sneaking past their tonsils but their brain is so starved for fresh air that they could not recognize the truth even if they heard it on Faux News...

Oh wait what am I saying???? The truth on Faux News? Must have been an accident.

Racism was described as mental illness
"a delusional symptom of psychotic disorder"... which come to think about it seems to describe 99% of what Trump said and did since he (I want to say took office but it is far longer than that) who knows really how long he has been so irrational?
But you love him because he is very white. Do you realize that the upper echelons in the "movement" laugh at your level of cannon fodder and call you white trash when the speak among themselves?
No... of course not... they dangle the carrot in front of you and let you pull the load.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071634/

Of course you know I am welcome to my viewpoint... You said so yourself
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:07 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

That's funny; the sad thing is you believe in your own rhetoric or were you just intentionally trolling me.

C. O. Thompson wrote:

It is a cult that you belong to... one that has its members heads so far up their ass they are seeing daylight sneaking past their tonsils but their brain is so starved for fresh air that they could not recognize the truth even if they heard it on Faux News...

Oh wait what am I saying???? The truth on Faux News? Must have been an accident.

"a delusional symptom of psychotic disorder"... which come to think about it seems to describe 99% of what Trump said and did since he (I want to say took office but it is far longer than that) who knows really how long he has been so irrational?
But you love him because he is very white. Do you realize that the upper echelons in the "movement" laugh at your level of cannon fodder and call you white trash when the speak among themselves?
No... of course not... they dangle the carrot in front of you and let you pull the load.

Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:09 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

By the way I am a "mutt" or mixed race mongrel! :lol:

C. O. Thompson wrote:

Post by Daryl   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:09 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

If it didn't cause so much harm, racism would be a very funny joke. I could never understand was how one of the most racist philosophies (NAZI) got so mixed up by their own delusions. They promulgated a pure "Aryan" German race of tall muscular blonde supermen, yet their leader was a weedy little dark haired Austrian, and the term "Aryan" was actually a description for a group of people in India.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:If it didn't cause so much harm, racism would be a very funny joke. I could never understand was how one of the most racist philosophies (NAZI) got so mixed up by their own delusions. They promulgated a pure "Aryan" German race of tall muscular blonde supermen, yet their leader was a weedy little dark haired Austrian, and the term "Aryan" was actually a description for a group of people in India.

That has caused me confusion also... I could be a poster child for the prototype of the Master Race... (though my eyes are more green than blue, my hair is blond and I am 6 ft 2 220 lbs in and my ancestors (name)) cane from Baden-Baden, Germany in the Rhine River watershed (Prussian) area... other ancestors from Switzerland and Sweden, England and Ireland but when asked my "race" my first reaction is HUMAN... I wonder how anyone could be in the back rooms of David Weber's website and not have a strong understanding that humans are the predominant race on earth and if we cannot learn to get together and, to work together we will never get off in time.

More than that, I am trying to 'wrap my head around' how someone can be such a rabid supporter of Trump... unless they are in the pay of the corporations or a raciest ... If you listen to the content of what he is saying THERE IS NO THERE THERE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oypydkgzk0
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Politics