Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by dscott8   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 am

dscott8
Commodore

C. O. Thompson wrote:Having served and lived in Korea... do you trust Kim to do what Trump thinks he will?

Hell, no! He's promised denuclearization several times in the past, and never kept his word. It's doctrine in North Korea that they will take South Korea, and Kim's angling to get US forces removed.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:03 am

gcomeau
Admiral

As expected by pretty much everyone who had a clue, North Korean State TV is having a field day with all the propaganda ammunition Trump handed them. Playing clips of the President of the United States praising Kim Jong Un, playing clips of the President of the United States saluting a North Korean general... gushing over how Glorious Leader got the Americans to say they would stop military exercises with the South Koreans...

Trump just did more to prop up this regime in one day than the North Koreans managed to squeeze out of the last half dozen US presidential administrations combined.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:56 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

dscott8 wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:Having served and lived in Korea... do you trust Kim to do what Trump thinks he will?

Hell, no! He's promised denuclearization several times in the past, and never kept his word. It's doctrine in North Korea that they will take South Korea, and Kim's angling to get US forces removed.

Kind of what I thought too. Of course the folks at Faux News are all jumping up like cheerleaders...

BTW Thanks for your service... I hope you never found yourself caught between the honor of your oath and your orders.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

gcomeau wrote:As expected by pretty much everyone who had a clue, North Korean State TV is having a field day with all the propaganda ammunition Trump handed them. Playing clips of the President of the United States praising Kim Jong Un, playing clips of the President of the United States saluting a North Korean general... gushing over how Glorious Leader got the Americans to say they would stop military exercises with the South Koreans...

Trump just did more to prop up this regime in one day than the North Koreans managed to squeeze out of the last half dozen US presidential administrations combined.

"If you want to understand any problem in America... You need to focus on who profits from it, not who suffers from it" Dr Amos Wilson

So who profits from the policies and actions of this administration???
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:So who profits from the policies and actions of this administration???

Well, that one is pretty obvious given Trump's personality.

Trump does.

We're just not sure how yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:26 am

smr
Vice Admiral

A year ago, some persons on this forum were complaining that Trump was going to start WWIII with Korea. Now please give Peace a real chance. Is this not better than having NK threaten the US and our allies within Asia with war. A year ago the US had 3 carriers ready for decapitation strikes with the distinct possibility of getting a ally nuked! The US quietly let the leader of NK know that we could have taken him out. After some intense discussions, a summit was announced. Next, NK starts to play some of its usual game, what happens. Trump sends a letter and cancels the summit. The door was left open to a future summit. The US was prepared to walk away from the deal. Nk sends an envoy to save the NK's bacon. US gave up the War Games but refused to remove US soldiers (SK does not want the US soldiers to leave for a variety of reasons. NK has to denuclearize within a short time period. Summit back on and we have Peace. The summit was nothing but optics because the deal was done before Trump ever left for the summit. By the way, brilliant move to make that video showing how NK could be. Then having the summit in Singapore...smart! NK is happy. SK is happy. US is happy. China is happy. This is something out of a novel. I sear I read this somewhere...hmm...thinking...still thinking (sorry old man disease)...thinking still more. Wait I know the Art of the Deal. Remember, Trump is a builder. Never forget that fact. I guess the left needs to get use to losing because they been doing an awful lot of that lately.

Lets get Trump out of office by impeachment....losing issue!

Lets obstruct Trump's agenda...losing issue!

Lets get Trump on foreign policy...losing issue!

Lets get Trump on trade...losing issue!

Lets get Trump on his affairs...losing issue!

Lets play the race card with Trump...losing issue!

Lets demonize Trump....losing issue!

Trump is wishy washy on small issues but on his big issues he is a tsunami. He is hard and unbreakable. So the left needs to work with him and horse trade with a bunch of small issues and give him what he wants on the big issues. Try to peel off some of his independent voters because he is too solid with most Republicans now. If not it's a red pill in November and the next election cycle!

Just one old man's opinion.

Trust but dang well verify!
Post by The E   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:00 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:Trust but dang well verify!

We have verified. Specifically, we have verified Trump's claims of being a good businessman, a good dealmaker, his claims of innocence regarding the various wrongdoings done in his name (see also: Investigations into Trump University, Trump Foundation), his fundamental claims of being an intelligent and knowledgable person. We found him lacking on all counts, and more besides; His failure to act as a moral human being in circumstances every other president in the history of your country has dealt with graciously (or, at the very least, with a minimum of embarassment) condemns him as surely as the many things on which he actually can be found criminally culpable.

We also verified Kim Jong Un's promises of peace, of denuclearization, and we find no evidence that the north korean regime is more serious about them than at any point in the past where they made the same promises. We also note that, unlike the Iran deal previously in place, this current NK deal does not actually set up anything resembling a "verification"; Iran was heavily controlled and under threat of sanction; Kim gets the full presidential saliva-slathering, an invitation into the White House, a discontinuation of the military cooperation between the US and south Korea. If there is a winner here, it's North Korea -- who are suddenly such a swell regime that the atrocities committed under it daily are no longer a concern.

Meanwhile, your best defense of his actions are "He hasn't hurt me personally", "War hasn't broken out yet", "Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are worse" and "I'm old".

You're not really making a good case here, is what I'm saying.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:41 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

smr wrote:A year ago, some persons on this forum were complaining that Trump was going to start WWIII with Korea. Now please give Peace a real chance. Is this not better than having NK threaten the US and our allies within Asia with war. A year ago the US had 3 carriers ready for decapitation strikes with the distinct possibility of getting a ally nuked! The US quietly let the leader of NK know that we could have taken him out. After some intense discussions, a summit was announced. Next, NK starts to play some of its usual game, what happens. Trump sends a letter and cancels the summit. The door was left open to a future summit. The US was prepared to walk away from the deal. Nk sends an envoy to save the NK's bacon. US gave up the War Games but refused to remove US soldiers (SK does not want the US soldiers to leave for a variety of reasons. NK has to denuclearize within a short time period. Summit back on and we have Peace. The summit was nothing but optics because the deal was done before Trump ever left for the summit. By the way, brilliant move to make that video showing how NK could be. Then having the summit in Singapore...smart! NK is happy. SK is happy. US is happy. China is happy. This is something out of a novel. I sear I read this somewhere...hmm...thinking...still thinking (sorry old man disease)...thinking still more. Wait I know the Art of the Deal. Remember, Trump is a builder. Never forget that fact. I guess the left needs to get use to losing because they been doing an awful lot of that lately.

Lets get Trump out of office by impeachment....losing issue!

Lets obstruct Trump's agenda...losing issue!

Lets get Trump on foreign policy...losing issue!

Lets get Trump on trade...losing issue!

Lets get Trump on his affairs...losing issue!

Lets play the race card with Trump...losing issue!

Lets demonize Trump....losing issue!

Trump is wishy washy on small issues but on his big issues he is a tsunami. He is hard and unbreakable. So the left needs to work with him and horse trade with a bunch of small issues and give him what he wants on the big issues. Try to peel off some of his independent voters because he is too solid with most Republicans now. If not it's a red pill in November and the next election cycle!

Just one old man's opinion.

Trust but dang well verify!

"The check is in the mail" and "I will still respect you tomorrow"

I thought the POTUS was supposed to be "the leader of the free world" not bending over the barrel for someone who suppress dissidence among his own people with bullets

... Follow the money, who - besides the Trump family benefit from such reckless behavior.

"Stop pushing, there is plenty of kool aid fro everyone"
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:44 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:So who profits from the policies and actions of this administration???

Trump does.

Could anyone tell me why the NY State AG did not indicate but rather sued
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyre ... neral.html

If it was you or I, we would be in jail waiting trial
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:
Annachie wrote:

Trump does.

Could anyone tell me why the NY State AG did not indicate but rather sued
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyre ... neral.html

If it was you or I, we would be in jail waiting trial

I believe the criminal laws they broke are probably mostly Federal... the reporting is they referred those to the FEC and the IRS for potential prosecution.

Return to Politics