Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Wed May 23, 2018 12:07 am

smr
Vice Admiral

What a great critique...TheE! Back to your corner TheE...bad dog...bad dog...bad dog...your still on timeout!
My response to your insightful intellectually dishonest so called critique sorry I mean rant is....

The E wrote:
gcomeau wrote:You just made 4 posts in threads... all 4 cartoons with no accompanying actual argument.

Just given up completely on trying to argue any actual point?

To understand this, you need to understand smr. Or rather, understand something he doesn't. smr is, consistently, using in-group arguments and talking points in an out-group situation. Calling people critical of Trump "delusional", reposting these cartoons, these are all things that would work in getting him acclaim and support... if he was talking to a group composed entirely of people who already agree with him. These things are "in-group"; they are shibboleths that mark him as being part of something and that get applauded inside that group, but are utterly nonsensical outside of it. When us "deluded liberals" are talking about how Trump lies constantly and provide proof that he does, that's an out-group argument: It's based on a common reality, there is documentation and references that can be verified and agreed upon; that his only recourse in these situations is to blatantly and willfully misread what the arguments are tells us all we need to know about him. He is not interested in debate, he certainly isn't interested in reconciliation, all he wants to do is performative virtue signalling to show his group that he is faithful now and ever.

TL;DR: smr is a dishonest person who is firmly outside the reach of reasoned discourse; his emotional investment in his own correctness is so deep that to back out and admit fault in even the smallest of ways (such as, for example, conceding that he has misread a statement) is anathema to him.
Post by The E   » Wed May 23, 2018 1:46 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:What a great critique...TheE! Back to your corner TheE...bad dog...bad dog...bad dog...your still on timeout!
My response to your insightful intellectually dishonest so called critique sorry I mean rant is....

You know, when I write these things, I am doing it with the expectation that one of these days, you will prove me wrong in some way.

But today is not that day, it seems.

Also, smr, what does "your still on timeout" mean, exactly? Do you honestly believe that that would make me stop calling you out for all the baseless and stupid stuff you post?
Post by Daryl   » Thu May 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

The world reels in surprise. The Trump and Kim show is cancelled. Seriously did anyone expect those two to sort things out?
Post by Joat42   » Thu May 24, 2018 6:56 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Daryl wrote:The world reels in surprise. The Trump and Kim show is cancelled. Seriously did anyone expect those two to sort things out?

Not really, but it showed us that NK can troll Trump anytime they want.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Thu May 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Well I didn't expect Trump to cancel.

But then he didn't exactly make it a firm cancel either.

I'm not sure he has any "good" moves he can make in that mess, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Fri May 25, 2018 7:56 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Personally, I wish the summit would have taken place. I think that peace and eventual reunification of the 2 Korea's would be good.

My speculation and take is that a week ago NK was offered a sweet heart deal by the Chinese. Last week, Kim Jong Un had just returned from a Chima consult, that is when we noticed a change in NK responses to SK in their negeotiations for Peace. At the same time, NK changed their public responses to the US.

I believe that our Intelligence informed the President of what happened with the Chinese. Which resulted in the letter from the President. The Chinese do not want a reunified Korea with the Americans on their southern borders. This provides a distraction to the Americans and provides cover to the Chinese.
Post by The E   » Fri May 25, 2018 9:07 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:Personally, I wish the summit would have taken place. I think that peace and eventual reunification of the 2 Korea's would be good.

My speculation and take is that a week ago NK was offered a sweet heart deal by the Chinese. Last week, Kim Jong Un had just returned from a Chima consult, that is when we noticed a change in NK responses to SK in their negeotiations for Peace. At the same time, NK changed their public responses to the US.

I believe that our Intelligence informed the President of what happened with the Chinese. Which resulted in the letter from the President. The Chinese do not want a reunified Korea with the Americans on their southern borders. This provides a distraction to the Americans and provides cover to the Chinese.

And what's your explanation for Trump pulling out of the summit so abruptly that even the south korean government, which let's not forget is supposed to be a close US ally, first learned about it when the press release came out?

I mean, if Trump wants the koreans to turn to China to act as a guarantor for stability in the region, that's certainly one way to do it. I wonder if that has anything to do with the chinese government funneling money into Trump Org projects....
Post by Daryl   » Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

There always was no possibility of Kim giving up either his nukes or his dictatorship. He pushed for the meeting so he could be seen on the world stage as an equally important world leaderto POTUS.

smr wrote:Personally, I wish the summit would have taken place. I think that peace and eventual reunification of the 2 Korea's would be good.

Post by Annachie   » Sat May 26, 2018 5:25 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I think the mistake that Trump made was that he was far more concerned how things would play in the US media and didn't care about how things would play in the NK media.
Kim Jong anyofthem are really only concerned with how things play in the NK media, and they've had a lot of practice manipulating world leaders to get that play.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Sat May 26, 2018 6:03 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Have you seen the various critiques by English teachers of Trump's letter to Kim. Hilarious.

Return to Politics