Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:42 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:President Trump simply has no heart. Even while visiting storm ravaged Texas, it is all about him.

And Melania is no better. Why would she wear expensive high heels to visit a storm ravaged city?

I really don't care what she was wearing.... I mean it looked stupid but Trump's general attitude of "Wow my storm is the biggest storm of all the storms, that's impressive right? I wonder if there's a record for "president with the biggest Hurricane during their term"? Maybe I'll have the staff look that up when I get back... Biggest Hurricane: President Trump! Yeah I win!...

...while displaying little to no awareness of or empathy for the actual victims is the headline here I think.
Post by biochem   » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:President Trump simply has no heart. Even while visiting storm ravaged Texas, it is all about him.

And Melania is no better. Why would she wear expensive high heels to visit a storm ravaged city?

No big surprise, the far left media would criticize him no matter what he said. The article says more about them than him.

A less biased response - local Austin Texas paper

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mystates ... M/amp.html

Local tv station

https://www.google.com/amp/www.kiiitv.c ... /468901414

She didn't, she wore them in the morning. She wore tennis shoes in Texas.
Post by Daryl   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:19 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

The shoes are not important, particularly as she had changed them anyway by the time they got there.
What I found strange was how he kept commenting on how many people had come to hear him speak, then how his speech was still all about him.
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The human element. Psychological importance. Being in tune with.

or

a plain old air of consideration adopted, in lieu of an inept display of insensitivity and indifference.

She should have exited the plane dragging the warmth of bundles of blankets. I'm betting she was probably unaware that blankets, shit paper, pampers, tampons, water and food are the number one items needed.

============================================================

Her shoes are important inasmuch as they subtly convey the honest body language that astute observers can and will see. It is important to the media that saw them. Is important to the people ravaged by the storm because they would have seen her first two feet put forward as an insult. It shows where her mind is, which was not on the storm ravaged state or the very real fatalities, the deaths, or the effort that must begin to recover. You don't go to a job interview with inappropriate shoes. She'll be auditioning for another term if their asses aren't impeached.

"What? She didn't come to help in those shoes!"

More importantly, her attire did not show that she identifies with the storm ravaged state or that her empathy, such as it is [not], was, or is, existent. She should have dressed for the occasion, as did her husband, and shown (or at least given the impression) that she came to sweat and join in Texas' rebuilding from her very first "psychological impression" conveyed, exiting AF-1. The media, the partial media as you put it, isn't the only ones watching. Her attire was insulting and sad. It shows where their heart is, as does the lack of empathy of not saying a single word about the "deaths," their constituents, who died. Not a single moment of silence. As every single president before him "humanly" did. If I were a family who lost loved ones and or friends, I would have felt insulted, hurt, sad and abandoned.

It only serves to strengthen my vote towards Melania as being the most lame duck first lady that voters ever made a mistake on.

Every other first lady stepped off the plane, as ready to sweat and in the right mind, as their president/husband.

But you are correct, I should be worrying more about her husband than her. Or her insensitive choice of first, inappropriately dressed, feet put forward.

Visiting a storm ravaged state is no place for any moment of vanity. There certainly is no moment of vanity for any one single victim, some who are now displaced and living on a single cot eight members deep and rationing water and shit paper. Some of the victims don't even have shoes! You ever volunteered your services and visited a storm ravaged city to help? I have. Several times. Even loaned my Humvee for free. Her shoes were inappropriate. Shouldn't have even made the trip. Her foot attire was no less insulting or inconsiderate, than a bikini-clad-Melania would have been when first seen exiting AF-1.

You simply don't show up to help a farmer plow his field in a pair of Gucci's or Alexander McQueen's. You don't take cleats to a debutante ball, and you don't showcase Jimmy Chou at a tailgating party. And you certainly don't wear Guccis to a storm ravaged city.

Inappropriate attire unless your heart's desire is only contingent of your own ire.

Perhaps they were scheduled to meet the Russians afterward. She certainly didn't "pack" for Texas.

Again and as usual, the human element, is ignored, discounted and disrespected again.

And right now Texas, if you somehow missed it as Melania did, is all about the human element.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dscott8   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 am

dscott8
Commodore

Trump's Texas visit was one massive photo op. He got briefings & waved a Texas flag for the cameras, and never got out to actually see people like my in-laws in Aransas Pass and Bayside, TX who are dealing with storm-damaged homes & loss of services.

What will be more important is what, if anything, he does for disaster recovery funding. He went from Texas to Missouri to pimp tax cuts for the rich, and is threatening to shut down the government if they don't fund his useless border wall. Both issues should take a back seat to helping Texans restore their lives.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:Trump's Texas visit was one massive photo op. He got briefings & waved a Texas flag for the cameras, and never got out to actually see people like my in-laws in Aransas Pass and Bayside, TX who are dealing with storm-damaged homes & loss of services.

What will be more important is what, if anything, he does for disaster recovery funding. He went from Texas to Missouri to pimp tax cuts for the rich, and is threatening to shut down the government if they don't fund his useless border wall. Both issues should take a back seat to helping Texans restore their lives.

The GOP spending bill Congress is scheduled to take up when they resume session raids the FEMA disaster relief account (among other actual critical service funding) for money for that dumbass wall.

Want to watch how fast they strip that out then pretend like they were totally never going to do it now?
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:28 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:Trump's Texas visit was one massive photo op. He got briefings & waved a Texas flag for the cameras, and never got out to actually see people like my in-laws in Aransas Pass and Bayside, TX who are dealing with storm-damaged homes & loss of services.

Exactly!

Which isn't even the sad part.

The sad part, is that it isn't even the sad part.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:27 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Minor quibble compared to everything else.... but apparently Trump has no idea what "first hand" means. (Is the perhaps overly generous interpretation of his claim to have "witnessed first hand the horror and devastation" of Harvey...)
Post by Annachie   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Like I said, no misinterpreting.

He just snuck his pardon of Arpaio into the background of the general Hurricane noise. Deploying the power of the pardon as a partisan political culture war rallying cry to further inflame racial tensions he has already put on blast.

Is there any aspect of the presidency he won't abuse and corrupt...

Pretty sure the answer is nope.
Might backfire.

Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt, opening Arpaio to all sorts of civil suits and possible state level charges. (Though dbl jep is possibly involved there)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

In Melania's case she kinda was going to get heat no matter what she wore.

Ex fashion model, and frankly outright trophy wife, she's expected to be cat walk no matter what. If only by her husband.

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics