Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:58 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1944
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Please gc. The GOP don't control every branch.

They are a coalition with the tea party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 am

smr
Captain of the List

Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

OK gc, how many Senators have to pass the bill to continue funding the government? Don't know...or does that little fact not fit the political narrative of Progressives.

60 Senators! How many Republicans Senators are their? Please do the math! Oh by the way...Scoreboard! I believe the Schumer shutdown was an accurate name or appellation to this whole debacle.






Annachie wrote:Please gc. The GOP don't control every branch.

They are a coalition with the tea party.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Eyal   » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 am

Eyal
Commander

Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:09 pm
Location: Israel

smr wrote:OK gc, how many Senators have to pass the bill to continue funding the government? Don't know...or does that little fact not fit the political narrative of Progressives.

60 Senators! How many Republicans Senators are their? Please do the math! Oh by the way...Scoreboard! I believe the Schumer shutdown was an accurate name or appellation to this whole debacle.


It's a bit moot now, but...

“Well, very simply, you have to get everybody in a room. You have to be a leader. The president has to lead. He’s got to get [the Speaker of the House] and everybody else in a room, and they have to make a deal. You have to be nice, and be angry, and be wild, and cajole, and do all sorts of things. But you have to get a deal.


Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.


Donald Trump, 2013

Your argument would also be a lot more convincing if not for the fact that there were insufficient Republican votes to pass the 50 votes threshold.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 pm

gcomeau
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

smr wrote:OK gc, how many Senators have to pass the bill to continue funding the government? Don't know...or does that little fact not fit the political narrative of Progressives.

60 Senators! How many Republicans Senators are their? Please do the math!


Your statement has always been true. A minority party has always had the ability, provided they are at least 40 in number, to filibuster legislation in the senate.

It remains the case, no party with majority control over the House and Senate and control over the White House has ever walked themselves into a government shutdown. and make no mistake, the GOP caused this.

A majority of THEIR OWN voters support passing a DACA bill. The president promised he would sign one on national television. His own party brought him a bipartisan deal to approve that would have averted the entire mess. What happened?

"SHITHOLE COUNTRIES!"

Boom. Deal blown up. Shutdown. For absolutely no good reason whatsoever.


Oh by the way...Scoreboard! I believe the Schumer shutdown was an accurate name or appellation to this whole debacle.


The majority of the country doesn't agree with you.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ats-357357

"Scoreboard!".
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 am

gcomeau
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

https://nos.nl/googleamp/artikel/221376 ... ssion=true

Notable that something this important qualifies as a footnote in the annals,of the great Trump Admin dumpster fire, but...

Last Sunday on Dutch television programme College Tour, Rob Bertholee, head of AIVD, said that he had no doubt that the Kremlin was directly responsible for the Russian cyber campaign against U.S. government agencies. Bertholee as well as Pieter Bindt, who was heading MIVD at the time, personally discussed the DNC matter with James Clapper, at the time overall head of the US intelligence services, and Michael Rogers, who is soon to retire as the head of the NSA.

As of now, the AIVD hackers do not seem to have access to Cozy Bear any longer. Sources suggest that the openness of US intelligence sources, who in 2017 praised the help of a Western ally in news stories, may have ruined their operation. The openness caused great anger in The Hague and Zoetermeer. In the television programme College Tour, this month, AIVD director Bertholee stated that he is extra careful when it comes to sharing intelligence with the U.S., now that Donald Trump is President.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:05 pm

gcomeau
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Looks like all the GOP members of House Intel committee just voted to release the Nunes memo, but voted to refuse to allow the memo debunking it to be shown to the public.

Then the GOP members informed the Democratic ones they were opening an investigation into the DOJ/FBI.

Multiple reports out that McCabe was forced out as acting FBI director due to pressure from Trump and his allies.

Initial leaks of memo content are Nunes is trying to smear Rosenstein with it, the one guy they have to get rid of to then take out Mueller and end the Russia investigation.



We are watching the systematic dismantling of law enforcement checks and balances on this administration. You know, those checks and balances certain members on this board told us were the reason we didn't have to worry about Trump's blatant authoritarian/dictatorial inclinations.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1944
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Aparently, the Trump administration has decided it can ignore non-discretionary acts of congress, acts that the President signed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by biochem   » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location: USA

gcomeau wrote:Looks like all the GOP members of House Intel committee just voted to release the Nunes memo, but voted to refuse to allow the memo debunking it to be shown to the public.

Then the GOP members informed the Democratic ones they were opening an investigation into the DOJ/FBI.

Multiple reports out that McCabe was forced out as acting FBI director due to pressure from Trump and his allies.

Initial leaks of memo content are Nunes is trying to smear Rosenstein with it, the one guy they have to get rid of to then take out Mueller and end the Russia investigation.



We are watching the systematic dismantling of law enforcement checks and balances on this administration. You know, those checks and balances certain members on this board told us were the reason we didn't have to worry about Trump's blatant authoritarian/dictatorial inclinations.



There is a legal process the House must follow to declassify documents. Step 1 the Intel committee votes up or down to allow the entire House to view. Step 2 the full House votes to release to the public or not. The full House has had the FISA memo for a few days and now that they've reviewed it they voted to release it to the public. The 2nd memo was written after the first memo and thus it is one step behind. Today the committee voted to move it forward to full House review. It can't be released publically because the full House hasn't read it yet. Give them a couple of weeks to review it before moving on to wide conspiracy theories.

Re the rest. Exercise some patience and wait to read the thing. It's been approved for release so you'll see it this week. (Normally I'd say tomorrow but the State of the Union may result in delays). That way you can comment on what it says in context instead of half-baked speculation.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by biochem   » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location: USA

Annachie wrote:Aparently, the Trump administration has decided it can ignore non-discretionary acts of congress, acts that the President signed.


Please be specific.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:00 pm

gcomeau
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

biochem wrote:
Annachie wrote:Aparently, the Trump administration has decided it can ignore non-discretionary acts of congress, acts that the President signed.


Please be specific.


Russia Sanctions. Today is the deadline. They are *legally required* to enact them.

They just refused to do it.
Top

Return to Politics