Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by isaac_newton   » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:19 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
isaac_newton wrote:Indeed - we also in the UK are very concerned about this disaster befalling our friends across the atlantic.

We will start an on-line collection AND...

We have some very good people at the top that we would be more than happy to send to you:
- Chris Failing Grayling
- Boris Johnson
- Theresa May
spring instantly to mind. Their mere presence in the States would make things so much better - have them for as long as you need them!!

Given his truly outstanding ability to solve the extreme antisemitism movement that has tried to infiltrate the Labour Party, I would put forwards Jeremy Corbyn.
And with her incredible mathematical skills that can get over a thousand new officers for a mere £300K, I would add Diane Abbot to the list.

They could be bonus prizes, to help improve general morale
Post by isaac_newton   » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:22 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
isaac_newton wrote:Their mere presence in the States would make things so much better - have them for as long as you need them!!

So, you're saying that sending us some of your worst politicians would improve both countries? :lol:
———————————
A politician is worse than a toilet. They're both full of shit — but at least you can flush the toilet.

Indeed :-)

In fact, you would be so impressed by their utter brilliance & honesty & competance, that you would all immediately apply to join the new British Empire 2.0!
Post by smr   » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:57 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car ... 124507.jpg

Well, I really did not see the President signing the Border bill but I did see him declaring a National Emergency. He's a dancing fool.
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

smr wrote:Well, I really did not see the President signing the Border bill but I did see him declaring a National Emergency. He's a dancing fool.

Again, but with the help files enabled?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:59 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:Well, I really did not see the President signing the Border bill but I did see him declaring a National Emergency. He's a dancing fool.

He's certainly a fool. Only a complete moron would announce an emergency and, in that same announcement, say that it wasn't really necessary.

Looking forward to you ranting against liberal judges striking down the MAGA agenda next....
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:42 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9233344512

Mr. "I know tech better than anyone" just called for the rollout of a technology that does not exist. Clearly just bullshitting and thinking if "5" is good "6" must be better so he would demand that.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:36 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1098581869233344512

Mr. "I know tech better than anyone" just called for the rollout of a technology that does not exist. Clearly just bullshitting and thinking if "5" is good "6" must be better so he would demand that.

Nothing wrong with the sentiment. After all, it's basically what JFC did in the '60's.

But damn was it badly expressed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:00 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump's ignorance on full display.

https://twitter.com/economics/status/10 ... 22593?s=19

His trade chief keeps trying to explain to him that an MOU is a binding contract.

Trump refuses to believe him.

Finally the visibly frustrated trade chief says "ok we'll call it a trade agreement. It's the exact same document but we'll stop saying the words 'Memorandum of Understanding' and start saying 'Trade agreement'"... like you would do to mollify a child.

Trump is mollified, because now the document they have made no changes to of any kind is magically much better. Like if your toddler doesn't want to eat their peas so you say "ok, want to some magic super pellets!" then they're suddenly all happy as you shovel peas into their mouth.

*That* is what is running the country folks.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Made the news here as well.
Now retired, my last job entailed a lot of major contract work, and if any of my contract management officers had said that, they would have quickly and quietly been found somewhere else to play. Mind boggling stupidity.

gcomeau wrote:Trump's ignorance on full display.

https://twitter.com/economics/status/10 ... 22593?s=19

His trade chief keeps trying to explain to him that an MOU is a binding contract.

Trump refuses to believe him.

Finally the visibly frustrated trade chief says "ok we'll call it a trade agreement. It's the exact same document but we'll stop saying the words 'Memorandum of Understanding' and start saying 'Trade agreement'"... like you would do to mollify a child.

Trump is mollified, because now the document they have made no changes to of any kind is magically much better. Like if your toddler doesn't want to eat their peas so you say "ok, want to some magic super pellets!" then they're suddenly all happy as you shovel peas into their mouth.

*That* is what is running the country folks.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:05 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

I missed this detail the first time through...

When you watch the vidoe the guy sitting facing away from the cameras looking towards Trump on the left side of the screen? That's the Chinese Vice Premier.

At the 50 second mark after Trump has just had it explained to him as if to a child what an MOU is and Trump blurts out in response "By the way I disagree, I think that a Memorandum of Understanding is not a contract..."

...the Chinese Vice Premier actually can't hold back laughter. Right there in the oval office it just escapes him before he can rein it back in. And it's not "I'm in on a joke and we're having a good time" laughter.

One of Trump's favorite lines is that the world was "laughing at us" before he came along. This is not the first time he has literally had major world leaders laughing in his face at some idiot thing he said on the world stage and I don't recall that happening with previous presidents.

Return to Politics