Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by The E   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:25 am

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:I'm glad he got us out of that useless economic suicide pact. If they really want to do something about 'global warming', they should stop spewing hot air about it!

It's an agreement that the US should wreck our economy for nothing. The three biggest carbon dioxide emitters get carte blanche to do whatever they want. If the 'climate accord' achieved every one of its objectives, global industrial carbon dioxide emissions would be held back by less than two years' worth over the next twenty years — at a cost of over eight trillion dollars, much of it to be paid by the US.

I see you haven't been keeping up with the news.

Did you know, for example, that India and China are both well on their way to beat their Paris agreement goals? So much so, in fact, that the reluctance of the US to do the same is compensated in its entirety?

Or that the assumptions the Trumpet made are based on wrong or misleading data? (I know; who'd have thought that republicans are unable to get correct data on climate change)

Global Warming, or whatever they're calling it this week, is not a problem that can be solved by coercive Big Government taking people's choices away. It can be solved by private industry providing them with better choices, if Big Government doesn't prevent it.

Citation needed. Please point out what incentives private industry has to reduce emissions in the absence of punitive regulations.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Responding to your query. I put up solar electricity and hot water panels a decade or so ago, and haven't had a bill since. My heating is by a sealed stove burning deadfall timber, and I have eight acres of woodland.
Not specifically aimed at reducing my carbon footprint, but I've always favoured sustainability. Mind you I do fly internationally a fair amount still.

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Daryl wrote:Up to now we foreigners have watched Trump's actions with amusement as they haven't affected us all that much. The withdrawal from the Paris Climate Change agreement however has the potential to cause great harm to the entire planet. Apart from anything else, it will eventually hurt US industry as other countries take the lead in developing new technology.
The man personifies the loud mouth in a bar who knows everything,regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Unfortunately he has much more power than that bozo.

I'm glad he got us out of that useless economic suicide pact. If they really want to do something about 'global warming', they should stop spewing hot air about it!

It's an agreement that the US should wreck our economy for nothing. The three biggest carbon dioxide emitters get carte blanche to do whatever they want. If the 'climate accord' achieved every one of its objectives, global industrial carbon dioxide emissions would be held back by less than two years' worth over the next twenty years — at a cost of over eight trillion dollars, much of it to be paid by the US.

Global Warming, or whatever they're calling it this week, is not a problem that can be solved by coercive Big Government taking people's choices away. It can be solved by private industry providing them with better choices, if Big Government doesn't prevent it.

So what have you done about 'Global Warming'? I put up solar panels four and a half years ago.
———————————
If a business tries something and it doesn't work, they have to stop doing it or they will go broke. If the government tries something that doesn't work, they will just keep shoveling out tax money into it forever.
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:20 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Trump wants to sell half of emergency US oil reserve.

A couple of my siblings are furious over this...

"Sure, put us in a position to be held over a 1970's oil shortage barrel again."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:45 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I can actually understand that. Reserves like that are a cost, and short sighted people will ditch it to reduce costs hoping that when it bites someones arse they'll be long gone. Especially when it's something that can be sold.

Like routine maintenence (which granted can't be sold) or a suply of spare parts.

Risk management and cost cutting at it's most painful, but I'd be betting that risk management never entered the thought process.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:31 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I remember at the end of a financial year a bright spark in our federal HQ wanted us to run down our stocks of AVTUR (aviation fuel) at our airports. I had to talk slowly and explain that if possible you always keep such storages as full as possible, as moisture laden air above the fuel condenses out into the fuel. This can cause the noise to stop at inopportune moments.

Annachie wrote:I can actually understand that. Reserves like that are a cost, and short sighted people will ditch it to reduce costs hoping that when it bites someones arse they'll be long gone. Especially when it's something that can be sold.

Like routine maintenence (which granted can't be sold) or a suply of spare parts.

Risk management and cost cutting at it's most painful, but I'd be betting that risk management never entered the thought process.

Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:I can actually understand that. Reserves like that are a cost, and short sighted people will ditch it to reduce costs hoping that when it bites someones arse they'll be long gone. Especially when it's something that can be sold.

How soon we forget. Speaking of those godawful risks...

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Exhibit C.

Exhibit D.

Exhibit E.

Exhibit F.

Exhibit G.

Exhibit H.

Exhibit I.

Exhibit J.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:36 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Ok, so in one night Trump:

1. Childishly whined about his Attorney General following the guidance of the Office of Government Ethics to recuse himself from an investigation into a campaign he personally participated in in a significant way. Saying he wouldn't have hired him if he was going to be... you know... ethical. Because nooooo faaaaiiiirrrrr..... waaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

(In the process signalling pretty clearly he doesn't even know what the AGs job IS. )

2. Did so in the national press, basically giving the guy who has been carrying water for him since the early days of the campaign two choices.... resign in disgrace for the crime of following Justice Department ethical guidance instead of meddling in the investigation the way Trump wants him to.... or remain in office in disgrace with the entire country knowing Trump doesn't even want him there AND knowing he doesn't have the self respect to leave after the President tells the entire country he isn't wanted there. (looks like he's going for option B so far... but let's face it, he probably figures self respect is something he left behind back when he endorsed Trump in the first place so not terribly surprising really)

But remember, the most important thing in the WHOLE WORLD to Trump is Loyalty. I've heard so right here on this very board. :roll:

3. Attacked the acting director of the FBI for... being the FBI while Trump is being investigated by them.

4. Threatened the Special Prosecutor with possible firing if he looks too far into Trump financial activity. (Guess where Mueller is immediately going to look... go ahead, guess... because by all reports someone does have self respect, and a spine, and a sense of professional responsibility...)

5. Did all this shortly in advance of many of the above people he just flipped off likely having to testify about him to congress and said Special Prosecutor.

What new lows of abject idiocy, juvenile tantrum throwing, and utter disregard for all concepts of propriety or ethics or respect for the concept of an independent justice department shall we see next from the guy conservatives thought was going to "Make America Great Again"?
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:What new lows of abject idiocy, juvenile tantrum throwing, and utter disregard for all concepts of propriety or ethics or respect for the concept of an independent justice department shall we see next from the guy conservatives thought was going to "Make America Great Again"?

Look at it this way, whoever comes in after him will have his (or her) job simplified enormously in regards to decision-making.
He (or she) will just ask themselves "What Would Trump Do" and then do the exact opposite!
:lol:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Eyal   » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

gcomeau wrote:Ok, so in one night Trump:

1. Childishly whined about his Attorney General following the guidance of the Office of Government Ethics to recuse himself from an investigation into a campaign he personally participated in in a significant way. Saying he wouldn't have hired him if he was going to be... you know... ethical. Because nooooo faaaaiiiirrrrr..... waaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

(In the process signalling pretty clearly he doesn't even know what the AGs job IS. )

2. Did so in the national press, basically giving the guy who has been carrying water for him since the early days of the campaign two choices.... resign in disgrace for the crime of following Justice Department ethical guidance instead of meddling in the investigation the way Trump wants him to.... or remain in office in disgrace with the entire country knowing Trump doesn't even want him there AND knowing he doesn't have the self respect to leave after the President tells the entire country he isn't wanted there. (looks like he's going for option B so far... but let's face it, he probably figures self respect is something he left behind back when he endorsed Trump in the first place so not terribly surprising really)

But remember, the most important thing in the WHOLE WORLD to Trump is Loyalty. I've heard so right here on this very board. :roll:

3. Attacked the acting director of the FBI for... being the FBI while Trump is being investigated by them.

4. Threatened the Special Prosecutor with possible firing if he looks too far into Trump financial activity. (Guess where Mueller is immediately going to look... go ahead, guess... because by all reports someone does have self respect, and a spine, and a sense of professional responsibility...)

5. Did all this shortly in advance of many of the above people he just flipped off likely having to testify about him to congress and said Special Prosecutor.

What new lows of abject idiocy, juvenile tantrum throwing, and utter disregard for all concepts of propriety or ethics or respect for the concept of an independent justice department shall we see next from the guy conservatives thought was going to "Make America Great Again"?

Looks like he's starting to inquire about presidential pardoning powers.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:06 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Fun fact.... pardons require admission of guilt.

Return to Politics