Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by cthia   » Thu May 18, 2017 3:50 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Israeli intelligence agents furious with Trump

Israeli intelligence officials are reported to be furious with President Donald Trump, over his sharing of classified intelligence with Russia. According to BuzzFeed News, the Israeli officials say “their worst fears” have been confirmed.

The intelligence allegedly concerned the danger of ISIS planting a bomb in a laptop carried on board a US-bound plane.

American allies in Europe are reported to be upset that information was shared with Russia, and not with them.
But the real fury appears to be in Israel. That's because Israel is reportedly the source of the intelligence, through a human asset — a spy — embedded with ISIS.

BuzzFeed’s Sheera Frenkel says this person’s life is now in danger. “Most certainly,” she says. “All of the intelligence and Ministry of Defense officials in Israel that I spoke to, the first thing they expressed concern about was that a real human life on the ground would be lost.”

That, in turn, could eliminate a key source of intelligence about one of the world’s most dangerous terror groups.

Israel and the US have had a unique intelligence-sharing arrangement for the last 10 years, sharing sources and methods and raw intelligence, in real time. Most other allies only share their processed information. Frenkel says Israelis “are now questioning it and asking themselves if that relationship should continue.”

I said in another thread that being POTUS is like running a super nuclear power plant and that Trump just doesn't have the experience and sooner or later he will misstep on a politically nuclear land mind or push the wrong politically nuclear button and piss some ally off.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
Except that contained in the classified briefing materials that was sufficient to convince BOTH Democrats and Republicans briefed on it that this pretty much definitely happened.

Yes, the people who wants Trump gone or discredited went along with something that might get him out or discredited.

Shocking i tell you!

Now lets see, what was it the FBI guy answered at the senate hearing when asked if there was ANY evidence of collusion with "Russians"... Oh right, he said "no", with absolutely no conditionals or anything.

gcomeau wrote:And yet you appear to think you are a greater expert on what hackers would and would not do..... could and could not do... and what could and could not be done to defeat those measures... than the entire US cyber intelligence community. Such that you can see what *obviously* is going on here, but they cannot.

Curious how that works.

I know the "intelligence community" and i know hackers, and i know a greater number than zero people who belong to both categories.

And if you think what you´re hearing is coming from the US "intelligence community", you have really missed a few things.
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri May 19, 2017 11:09 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Annachie wrote:It's more basic that that.
Back around July last year a server in a Trump office was caught in clandestine communication with one in a Russian bank. (Alpha bank? Something like that)
When questions were asked it shut down and restarted the next day. It was connected to by the russian server again, before it had sent out anything.

This stinks of trade craft. Could have been a bunch of things, none likely legal.

Multiple financial connections to Russia. Again not a problem except the Trump Adnin and companies keep lying about it.

Trump campaign staff meetings with Russian officials. Meetings that are just out of character for a Presidential campaign.

That does't take things like Flynn into account.

That's just the clear public stuff.

Add the slighly less clear stuff like the Russian hackers and propaganda companies and, well, there's plenty of smoke.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And yet, the FBI guys at the senate hearing, when asked if there is ANY evidence of Trump collusion with Russians, still answer "no".
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 19, 2017 11:25 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
Except that contained in the classified briefing materials that was sufficient to convince BOTH Democrats and Republicans briefed on it that this pretty much definitely happened.

Yes, the people who wants Trump gone or discredited went along with something that might get him out or discredited.

Shocking i tell you!

And, you know, Trump himself. Once he finally actually attended a freaking intelligence briefing on it.

Now I'm sorry... what were you conspiracy theorizing?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 19, 2017 11:32 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
Annachie wrote:It's more basic that that.
Back around July last year a server in a Trump office was caught in clandestine communication with one in a Russian bank. (Alpha bank? Something like that)
When questions were asked it shut down and restarted the next day. It was connected to by the russian server again, before it had sent out anything.

This stinks of trade craft. Could have been a bunch of things, none likely legal.

Multiple financial connections to Russia. Again not a problem except the Trump Adnin and companies keep lying about it.

Trump campaign staff meetings with Russian officials. Meetings that are just out of character for a Presidential campaign.

That does't take things like Flynn into account.

That's just the clear public stuff.

Add the slighly less clear stuff like the Russian hackers and propaganda companies and, well, there's plenty of smoke.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And yet, the FBI guys at the senate hearing, when asked if there is ANY evidence of Trump collusion with Russians, still answer "no".

Umm, no. That's what Trump's tweets claimed they said.

*Clapper* (DNI, not FBI) said he was not aware of any evidence, but he ALSO said it is standard FBI procedure not to share that evidence with him during an ongoing investigation. So, essentially, he wasn't privy to what the FBI knows at this stage.

And the FBI sure as hell isn't saying in a public hearing in the middle of their investigation.
Post by Daryl   » Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I'm intrigued as to why the first country Trump visits is the only country to attack the US mainland in recent times?
Post by gcomeau   » Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:Israeli intelligence agents furious with Trump

Israeli intelligence officials are reported to be furious with President Donald Trump, over his sharing of classified intelligence with Russia. According to BuzzFeed News, the Israeli officials say “their worst fears” have been confirmed.

And now to "fix" it Trump explains in front of international media that he never said the WORD Israel when he was blabbing secrets to the Russians... pretty much confirming for the entire planet that it was Israeli intelligence he blabbed to the Russians.

FFS...
Post by Daryl   » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:40 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Up to now we foreigners have watched Trump's actions with amusement as they haven't affected us all that much. The withdrawal from the Paris Climate Change agreement however has the potential to cause great harm to the entire planet. Apart from anything else, it will eventually hurt US industry as other countries take the lead in developing new technology.
The man personifies the loud mouth in a bar who knows everything,regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Unfortunately he has much more power than that bozo.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:50 am

dscott8
Commodore

Daryl wrote:Up to now we foreigners have watched Trump's actions with amusement as they haven't affected us all that much. The withdrawal from the Paris Climate Change agreement however has the potential to cause great harm to the entire planet. Apart from anything else, it will eventually hurt US industry as other countries take the lead in developing new technology.
The man personifies the loud mouth in a bar who knows everything,regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Unfortunately he has much more power than that bozo.

This action, like so many others, is born of Trump's quest to erase President Obama from history. The majority of his actions as President are direct reversals of President Obama's, and an extension of his hatred of a Black President that was expressed in his "birtherism" campaign. A bonus for him is that it not only feeds his personal demons, it's also red meat for the segment of his populist base that waves Confederate flags.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:43 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:Up to now we foreigners have watched Trump's actions with amusement as they haven't affected us all that much. The withdrawal from the Paris Climate Change agreement however has the potential to cause great harm to the entire planet. Apart from anything else, it will eventually hurt US industry as other countries take the lead in developing new technology.

I'm glad he got us out of that useless economic suicide pact. If they really want to do something about 'global warming', they should stop spewing hot air about it!

It's an agreement that the US should wreck our economy for nothing. The three biggest carbon dioxide emitters get carte blanche to do whatever they want. If the 'climate accord' achieved every one of its objectives, global industrial carbon dioxide emissions would be held back by less than two years' worth over the next twenty years — at a cost of over eight trillion dollars, much of it to be paid by the US.

Global Warming, or whatever they're calling it this week, is not a problem that can be solved by coercive Big Government taking people's choices away. It can be solved by private industry providing them with better choices, if Big Government doesn't prevent it.

So what have you done about 'Global Warming'? I put up solar panels four and a half years ago.
———————————
If a business tries something and it doesn't work, they have to stop doing it or they will go broke. If the government tries something that doesn't work, they will just keep shoveling out tax money into it forever.

Return to Politics