Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:40 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:A person enters the country illegally and should we not deport them within 24 hours! Happens in most countries when someone enters illegally they are deported or jailed and then deported.

If they are applying for political asylum, they can ask for Asylum at the legal border entry point not after they have been picked up by ice or border patrol.

The reason gcomeau agrues that they are being denied due pricess because we have a broken immigration system.

No, it's because Trump literally said the exact words "When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came."

Which is the denial of Due Process.

At this point I expect you're about to blurt out "but they're ILLEGAL immigrants! Who cares! They shouldn't get rights like that!!!!"

To which I answer how do you know any given one of them is an illegal immigrant if they HAVEN'T GONE THROUGH DUE PROCESS TO DETERMINE THAT?

(You don't, which is why we have freaking due process in the first damn place)
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

We had an example of that. A disabled woman who couldn't speak English was picked up and interned in a camp for months. Turns out she was an Australian citizen.
Funny how upset people got over her treatment, whereas they have no concern for how similar refugees who don't have the bit of paper are treated.

The E wrote:
smr wrote:A person enters the country illegally and should we not deport them within 24 hours! Happens in most countries when someone enters illegally they are deported or jailed and then deported.

Who makes the determination that someone has entered the country illegally?
Under what authority is that determination made? What's the standard of proof required? What happens when you accidentally deport a legal resident?

The reason gcomeau agrues that they are being denied due pricess because we have a broken immigration system. We should be deporting within 24 hours of being swept up providing they are only guilty of illegally entering the US.

No, the reason is your idiot President talking about how immigrants should not receive due process, but do carry on.
Post by smr   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:09 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Funny how Australia burns the boats the illegals come in on and immediately deports them. We are going to build that wall and enforce all immigration laws. We are going to change how we deal with illegal immigrants...immediate deportation back to their home country. We are going to end chain migration! Deal with that fact. Trump will be in office for 6 more years. Deal with that fact. The 2nd supreme court judge with be chosen and seated before the 2018 elections. (4 more Supreme Court positions will be filled before Trump is out of office for total of 5 appointments) Deal with that fact! The awakening has begun! The public is watching and reacting! Deal with that fact!

Long life to the restoration of the Republic!

Daryl wrote:We had an example of that. A disabled woman who couldn't speak English was picked up and interned in a camp for months. Turns out she was an Australian citizen.
Funny how upset people got over her treatment, whereas they have no concern for how similar refugees who don't have the bit of paper are treated.

The reason gcomeau agrues that they are being denied due pricess because we have a broken immigration system. We should be deporting within 24 hours of being swept up providing they are only guilty of illegally entering the US.

No, the reason is your idiot President talking about how immigrants should not receive due process, but do carry on.
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Not my country so I don't have to "deal with it". From a distance it seems to be a dark comedy, and I'm glad I live elsewhere.
Coming from a developed first world democracy I do wonder at how so many US citizens seem to be oblivious to how twisted Trumpism is becoming.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Smr, take it as Gospel.

Tony Abbot, Malcolm Turnbull, et al, will pay for their crimes against humanity with regard to Manus island and asylum seekers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

This topic has raised an ominous question with me. Perhaps those better versed in the US political system will know better?
A quite likely scenario follows this pattern,

Trump gets a hard right Republican Judge appointed
Trump gets even more emboldened and does even more extreme things
At the Mid Term elections the Democrats are finally driven to vote, and get control of both Congress and the Senate.

Then the country splits down two lines.

President and Supreme Court (deplorables and hard line Republicans)
Congress and Senate (California and the Democrats, plus softer line Republicans)

Net result is gridlock, with the checks and balances shutting down all initiatives?

China and Russia win.
Post by Starsaber   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:15 am

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

Daryl wrote:
Net result is gridlock, with the checks and balances shutting down all initiatives?

That's more or less what happened during the late Obama administration with Senate leadership refusing to even hold hearings on President Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland for the open seat in the Supreme Court. (among many other issues)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Starsaber wrote:
Daryl wrote:

That's more or less what happened during the late Obama administration with Senate leadership refusing to even hold hearings on President Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland for the open seat in the Supreme Court. (among many other issues)

Quick correction.... during the *entire* Obama administration. The GOP decided from day one that they were not going to allow Obama to do anything, no matter what it was. Yeah he got some things passed, but only after a war to flip one or two moderate GOP members and break a filibuster every time anything had to get done. Even when it was something the GOP knew and agreed needed to be done. They just didn't care.

FFS Obamacare was THEIR health care reform proposal and they still called it a communist government takeover of healthcare just because it had Obama's name on it.

Their one and only priority from the moment he was sworn in was obstruction. Violating over 200 years of Congressional precedent to refuse to allow him to pick a Supreme Court Justice and steal the seat was just the icing on the cake.

(And if anyone thinks that had nothing to do with him being the first black president, well you go ahead and delude yourselves)
Post by smr   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:04 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Their goes GComeau ranting about Racism that just totally destroys the narrative. Regurgitating talking points from the MSM (main stream media) pundits just dilutes the message. Sorry for being harsh but just calling the facts as I see reality. Some will question my sanity or my reality and/or the argument. The story of the boy who cried wolf comes to mind whenever you(Gcomeau) cries RACISM. So please knock it off because you had some valid criticisms.

Daryl says:

Starsaber says:

Gcomeau says:
Quick correction.... during the *entire* Obama administration. The GOP decided from day one that they were not going to allow Obama to do anything, no matter what it was. Yeah he got some things passed, but only after a war to flip one or two moderate GOP members and break a filibuster every time anything had to get done. Even when it was something the GOP knew and agreed needed to be done. They just didn't care.

FFS Obamacare was THEIR health care reform proposal and they still called it a communist government takeover of healthcare just because it had Obama's name on it.

Their one and only priority from the moment he was sworn in was obstruction. Violating over 200 years of Congressional precedent to refuse to allow him to pick a Supreme Court Justice and steal the seat was just the icing on the cake.

(And if anyone thinks that had nothing to do with him being the first black president, well you go ahead and delude yourselves)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:07 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Their goes GComeau ranting about Racism that just totally destroys the narrative.

One sentence at the end of a post is not a rant.

The story of the boy who cried wolf comes to mind whenever you(Gcomeau) cries RACISM. So please knock it off because you had some valid criticisms.

Speaking of the boy who cried wolf, I ask you YET AGAIN... where did I call you a racist?

Show me. We have now passed the grace period where I can extend you the benefit of the doubt of just being mistaken. Still, at this point, refusing to either substantiate OR withdraw your claim makes you a liar.

You are a liar. And given that, why should we be trying to have any meaningful discourse with you?

Return to Politics