Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The things you discover.

If he manages to remove Jus Soli, and if he makes it retroactive, (he wont, but lets pretend) then Trump will lose his own US citizenship.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by edgeworthy   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:28 am

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Annachie wrote:The things you discover.

If he manages to remove Jus Soli, and if he makes it retroactive, (he wont, but lets pretend) then Trump will lose his own US citizenship.

I'm fairly certain that Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3 of the US Constitution specifically prohibits ex post de facto?
Post by Annachie   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

edgeworthy wrote:
Annachie wrote:The things you discover.

I'm fairly certain that Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3 of the US Constitution specifically prohibits ex post de facto?
Fairly certain that an act that will require either rewriting or reimterpreting the constitution wont be put off by a little more rewriting or reinterpreting of the constitution. ;)

Besides, a good arguement can be made for it not aplying anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by smr   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Funny I just read the 1637: The Volga Rules and I truly enjoyed the book. I was thinking about Donald J. Trump and which American President does the current US President remind me of. My answer always was Andrew Jackson but another President comes to mind is Teddy Roosevelt. Well, I can go to the library and check out biography of Teddy. I want to freshen up facts and knowledge of Teddy before definitively saying that Trump reminds of Teddy Roosevelt.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Andrew Jackson, yeah I can see that.

Racist slave owner who started the process of awarding government jobs to supporters, friends, and family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

smr wrote:Funny I just read the 1637: The Volga Rules and I truly enjoyed the book. I was thinking about Donald J. Trump and which American President does the current US President remind me of. My answer always was Andrew Jackson but another President comes to mind is Teddy Roosevelt. Well, I can go to the library and check out biography of Teddy. I want to freshen up facts and knowledge of Teddy before definitively saying that Trump reminds of Teddy Roosevelt.

FDR, not even close. Trump's too dumb to wear FDR's shoes.

Trump's MO is the spitting image of tricky Dick . . .

"Tapes? I know nothing of tapes."

"I'm not a crook."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

The president of the United States just publicly directed the US military to shoot unarmed civilians.

(No, having a rock does not make you "armed" under any US military rule of engagement that had existed before)
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:The president of the United States just publicly directed the US military to shoot unarmed civilians.

(No, having a rock does not make you "armed" under any US military rule of engagement that had existed before)

To be precise, he directed them to shoot back if they would be attacked by stones & other things. And if situation would deteriorate to that level - that supposedly-peaceful immigrants would attack US troopers - then, basically, the whole difference of "shoot back or not shoot back" would become purely irrelevant. Because if situation would deteriorate to THAT, then casualties would be unavoidable either way; there is no way to handle the hostile crowd-turning-mob without violence.

And I could even argue that the bullets might inflict less casualties than supposedly-"nonlethal" methods, since while those directly affected (i.e. shot) would clearly suffer more, the psychological effects of gunshots would probably be enough to demoralize the others quickly.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote:FDR, not even close. Trump's too dumb to wear FDR's shoes.

Still, must point out, he rather cleverly used anti-Russian rhetoric to break out of the medium-range missiles treaty, which severely limited US armed forces ability against China. Machiavelli and Bismark would be impressed.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:47 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Dilandu wrote:To be precise, he directed them to shoot back if they would be attacked by stones & other things.

A rock is a deadly weapon. A 'protest sign' on a long, thick pole is a deadly weapon. A burning bottle of gasoline is EMPHATICALLY a deadly weapon. If a mob starts using such weapons against police, or soldiers, they sure as HELL should shoot back. After the first rock is thrown.

Try to target the instigators, but do whatever it takes to keep the mob from overrunning the police. At that point, it's self-defense.

If the instigators are caught, prosecute them for EVERY injury and death, including those among the 'protesters'.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

Return to Politics