Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:16 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

smr wrote:The jihadists scream from the mountaintops and their caves that they did the deed. We have a disturbed psychopath not saying a word but continuing to kill innocents without a manifesto (at least nothing has been released.) He claimed he was a Christian but he was violating the 10 commandments by killing innocent people randomly. You know...thou shall not kill! Now, are you showing your own perceived bias, attitudes, stereotypes, religious intolerances, and racial intolerances. The problem with this situation is everyone wants to be right and not let the facts develop but everyone wants to rush to judgement (including me).

Not sure I agree with that. Someone seems to be attributing the
perceived bias, attitudes, stereotypes, religious intolerances, and racial intolerances
to Our Mr. President Trump. If the victims had not mostly been Hispanics, but whites, Fox &Friends would have been all over it, and so would The Donald.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump is firing yet another member of his Cabinet (what a damn mystery why he is having issues filling positions) and nominating the White House physician to run the entire VA.

So basically, tell the country Trump is 6'3 and 239 pounds, get a Cabinet appointment?

I mean, at least he has actual medical expertise. I suppose we should be grateful considering the track record for Trump appointments as far as qualifications go.
Post by pappilon   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:56 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Trump is firing yet another member of his Cabinet (what a damn mystery why he is having issues filling positions) and nominating the White House physician to run the entire VA.

So basically, tell the country Trump is 6'3 and 239 pounds, get a Cabinet appointment?

I mean, at least he has actual medical expertise. I suppose we should be grateful considering the track record for Trump appointments as far as qualifications go.

For that he could have moved Ben Carson into the VA slot to take the heat off of him and his wife, then moved his personal physician into the HUD job. I mean the guy can't be any less cometent at HUD than Carson is, right.

But I suppose that would take a modicum of strategic thinking.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Annachie   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

pappilon wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Trump is firing yet another member of his Cabinet (what a damn mystery why he is having issues filling positions) and nominating the White House physician to run the entire VA.

For that he could have moved Ben Carson into the VA slot to take the heat off of him and his wife, then moved his personal physician into the HUD job. I mean the guy can't be any less cometent at HUD than Carson is, right.

I don't know. I think Dr. Carson could do a hell of a lot more damage at the V.A.

Whereas this navy doc should at least be motivated to be a good doctor to the vets. (Even though he's purely admin)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:41 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Tweeting a picture of his new wall being built. Only it is actually repairs to an existing fence built in 2009.
Post by pappilon   » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:55 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:
pappilon wrote: For that he could have moved Ben Carson into the VA slot to take the heat off of him and his wife, then moved his personal physician into the HUD job. I mean the guy can't be any less cometent at HUD than Carson is, right.

I don't know. I think Dr. Carson could do a hell of a lot more damage at the V.A.

Whereas this navy doc should at least be motivated to be a good doctor to the vets. (Even though he's purely admin)

Uh, isn't that the entire point of the Trump Administration? Appoint someone either totally unqualified (Carson) Openly hostile (Pruitt) or both (deVoss)to a cabinet post and let them wreak as much havoc as possible.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:51 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

pappilon wrote:Uh, isn't that the entire point of the Trump Administration? Appoint someone either totally unqualified (Carson) Openly hostile (Pruitt) or both (deVoss)to a cabinet post and let them wreak as much havoc as possible.

:shock:
Wait! Waitwaitwait...
There's actually a point to the Trump Administration?
I thought it was just random actions that worked out to be akin to a metaphorical wrecking ball applied to the foundations of governance...

Seriously. It's going to take decades at the very least to build/embed new traditions to replace all the old ones that have been ripped up...
Unless you want America to turn into Zimbabwe 2.0...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:23 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I think that Trump is only destroying certain departments deliberately.

Those that directly affect business like the EPA, or Energy. Or that directly appeal to right wing elitism like Education.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:44 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
pappilon wrote:Uh, isn't that the entire point of the Trump Administration? Appoint someone either totally unqualified (Carson) Openly hostile (Pruitt) or both (deVoss)to a cabinet post and let them wreak as much havoc as possible.

:shock:
Wait! Waitwaitwait...
There's actually a point to the Trump Administration?
I thought it was just random actions that worked out to be akin to a metaphorical wrecking ball applied to the foundations of governance...

Seriously. It's going to take decades at the very least to build/embed new traditions to replace all the old ones that have been ripped up...
Unless you want America to turn into Zimbabwe 2.0...

Oh,...wait You're from Bristol. I'm assuming you weren't paying attention like ... at all during the campaign because that's not Bristol Connecticut. Drain the swamp, destroy the "deep state" blow it up, MAGA appoint incompetents like Neil Gorsuch to the federal judiciary ... Definitely a plan with a lot of bluster and misdirection by tweet to obscure the real work of downsizing the government.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

pappilon wrote:Oh,...wait You're from Bristol. I'm assuming you weren't paying attention like ... at all during the campaign because that's not Bristol Connecticut. Drain the swamp, destroy the "deep state" blow it up, MAGA appoint incompetents like Neil Gorsuch to the federal judiciary ... Definitely a plan with a lot of bluster and misdirection by tweet to obscure the real work of downsizing the government.

...yep, I’m not from Bristol Connecticut. As someone from England (which is not in America), I had an outside view of the campaign. Yes, I missed many American-cultural-specific details, but the pattern was fairly clear. Trump won due to a surprisingly well-targeted campaign and because he wasn’t Hillary Clinton.
As for Trump’s actions, he’s a Big Picture man. The downside is that for people like that, it is only too easy to forget that the Big Picture is made out of loads of Little Pictures and keeping track of them all is very difficult.
Doing so with the entire world watching just makes it even more stressful...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics