Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:14 am

smr
Vice Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:I guess you do not remember all your posts. Interesting!

Maybe you should:

1: Keep track of who you are talking to.

2: Keep track of what thread you are in.

Old don't care!
Post by Annachie   » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Yet again, a Trump rally using a song without permission.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Yet again, a Trump rally using a song without permission.

...context?

Original song? Cover version? Instrumental version? Kazoo variant? Top-gear-style music using automobile parts?

Was it the company that owned the rights to the song who complained, or was it the original artist?

...please tell me it wasn't the Annoying Thing/Axel F...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:49 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Pharell(sp?) Issued a Cease and Desist over the use of "Happy" during recent rallies.

Aparently, he kept the final say himself over uses for the song.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:02 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

So, all the Trump apologists on here ok with his new claim that he has the power to amend the Constitution by Executive Order?

Because I know what you all would have done if Obama had said anything remotely approaching that.
Post by smr   » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:35 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

This will be litigated through the courts until the case hits the SC. So what do you people to say because the decision will be out of our hands and in the hands of the Supreme Court. One point, if you or I think we know what the SC is going to do...that would be a misnomer because they will rule the way they want to rule irregardless of political affiliations or leanings.

gcomeau wrote:So, all the Trump apologists on here ok with his new claim that he has the power to amend the Constitution by Executive Order?

Because I know what you all would have done if Obama had said anything remotely approaching that.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:This will be litigated through the courts until the case hits the SC. So what do you people to say because the decision will be out of our hands and in the hands of the Supreme Court. One point, if you or I think we know what the SC is going to do...that would be a misnomer because they will rule the way they want to rule irregardless of political affiliations or leanings.

gcomeau wrote:So, all the Trump apologists on here ok with his new claim that he has the power to amend the Constitution by Executive Order?

Wow... so you're really just going to throw up your hands and take no position on a claim that the president can unilaterally rewrite the Constitution... by himself.

A better illustration of how thoroughly corrupted the right has become I cannot think of.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:13 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Lets be honest.

The scary part is that Trump was stupid enough to suggest it, not that any court wouldn't knock it down. Actually, I doubt any appeals court will touch it after the courts overturn it.

On a scale of abuse, from 1 to 10, Trumps suggestion is about a 15.

Either, the right who screamed abuse of power over Obama's use of EO's think Trump is full of shit, or they don't care about the law and the constitution.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:53 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Given that America is only a couple of centuries old (making it one of the younger countries on the planet) and has had only one major internal upset, I'm actually quite surprised that the political wobbling didn't start earlier.
Part of the problem America has is its sheer size. With room to spread out/relocate/flee, the whole "Frontier Mentality" has never really been subjugated in favor of the "Settled Society Mentality" that countries with more history (and no more room to expand) have been almost forced to adopt.
Part of the Frontier Mentality is its emphasis on self-sufficiency and confrontation, driving off threats or securing assets in the face of competition. Although teamwork is encouraged by this, it is encouraged to aid in confronting other groups.
Echoes of the early days still reverberate in the American Psyche and what we are seeing is many echoes resonating to become something far, far larger than any of them could be alone. Current American Politics is marching in voluntary lockstep across the Bridge of Society and is hitting the resonance frequency as it does so.
There is a reason that Armies break ranks and step to cross bridges...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Joat42   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 am

Joat42
Admiral

How many here have seen Trumps latest ad he posted on twitter?

Talk about a prime example of trying to distract people from the questions that matter.

Let me unequivocally say this: anyone believing that anything in this ad resembles the truth has totally lost contact with reality and should be barred from voting.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.

Return to Politics