Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 am

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Annachie wrote:The Eagles.

Is there a worse way that Trump could have handled that because I'm struggling to think of more than one.
Aparently there is.

That's an aweful lot of suits and an amazing lack of Eagles paraphanalia at an event to celebrate their Superbowl win.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:09 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am

gcomeau
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

So let's just get this straight...

Obama signs a multi-lateral de nuclearization agreement with Iran that has an extensive, detailed inspection regime, requires them to give up centrifuges and enriched fissile material, has the IAEA on site verifying they are complying with it every step of the way...

WORST DEAL EVER!!!!!!! We're scrapping the whole thing!


Trump gets a handshake "oh yeah we want to de-nuke" statement from Kim Jong Un... something the North Koreans have agreed to EIGHT TIMES before and never meant it... with zero comitments to actually give up weapons, allow inspectors, or anything else... in exchange for cancelling military exercises with our allies and legitimizing the NK government by giving Un a face to face with the US president on the world stage...


...and Trump tweets this morning there is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea. Done.

And this immediately after going to the G7 and doing everything possible to alienate all of THOSE allies too.

Go ahead smr and Nimitz... tell us all how this is somehow a brilliant diplomatic accomplishment we "libs" just don't understand because Trump Derangement Syndrome or something.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by dscott8   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 am

dscott8
Captain of the List

Posts: 731
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:17 am

gcomeau wrote:Trump gets a handshake "oh yeah we want to de-nuke" statement from Kim Jong Un... something the North Koreans have agreed to EIGHT TIMES before and never meant it... with zero comitments to actually give up weapons, allow inspectors, or anything else... in exchange for cancelling military exercises with our allies and legitimizing the NK government by giving Un a face to face with the US president on the world stage...


One minor point: Koreans put the family name first, so Kim Jong Un would be referred to as "Kim", not as "Un". I learned this while serving with the 38th Air Defense Artillery Brigade in Osan, Korea.
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 am

gcomeau
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

dscott8 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Trump gets a handshake "oh yeah we want to de-nuke" statement from Kim Jong Un... something the North Koreans have agreed to EIGHT TIMES before and never meant it... with zero comitments to actually give up weapons, allow inspectors, or anything else... in exchange for cancelling military exercises with our allies and legitimizing the NK government by giving Un a face to face with the US president on the world stage...


One minor point: Koreans put the family name first, so Kim Jong Un would be referred to as "Kim", not as "Un". I learned this while serving with the 38th Air Defense Artillery Brigade in Osan, Korea.


Crap, I actually knew that. Brain was on autopilot writing that part...
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 pm

gcomeau
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

So today, on national television, the president of the United States *flat out defended* the dictator of North Korea executing political opponents. And not just defended him... praised him for being able to successfully subjugate a country under his authoritarian rule.

That's your man Trump supporters. Admirer or how dictators are "tough guys". They are his idea of "strong leaders".

This is what you have brought American leadership to in just a year and a half.


(But you know, at least he took a hard line against the Canadian milk industry... because priorities)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10214
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

gcomeau wrote:So today, on national television, the president of the United States *flat out defended* the dictator of North Korea executing political opponents. And not just defended him... praised him for being able to successfully subjugate a country under his authoritarian rule.

That's your man Trump supporters. Admirer or how dictators are "tough guys". They are his idea of "strong leaders".

This is what you have brought American leadership to in just a year and a half.


(But you know, at least he took a hard line against the Canadian milk industry... because priorities)


Incredible how his rhetoric has changed. Kim played him like a fiddle. Trump is way in over his head and his rhetoric was simply window dressing for his supporters from the beginning.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:50 am

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

I don't think Trump is in way over his head.

I think he got something significant for Trump industries, or Trump personally, out of this, and possibly not from North Korea.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Posts: 620
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Thompson, CT USA

dscott8 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Trump gets a handshake "oh yeah we want to de-nuke" statement from Kim Jong Un... something the North Koreans have agreed to EIGHT TIMES before and never meant it... with zero comitments to actually give up weapons, allow inspectors, or anything else... in exchange for cancelling military exercises with our allies and legitimizing the NK government by giving Un a face to face with the US president on the world stage...


One minor point: Koreans put the family name first, so Kim Jong Un would be referred to as "Kim", not as "Un". I learned this while serving with the 38th Air Defense Artillery Brigade in Osan, Korea.


Having served and lived in Korea... do you trust Kim to do what Trump thinks he will?
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Top
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Posts: 620
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Thompson, CT USA

smr wrote:Texas Blue Wave or Red Wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_PscX7Kl8



Image


Presumably you remember that Texas (the entire south was blue (Democrat)LBJ... Strom Thurmond from 1860 - 1964 ) until the Civil Rights Act was passed... Then the all followed the honorable Strom ( https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/05/us/south ... index.html )to the GOP... what a batch of Horse Sh!t
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Top

Return to Politics