Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Just how the hell do they expect to get her nominated anyway?

Wait for McCcain to go off sick again?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:https://thinkprogress.org/trump-state-department-fox-host-141281554ef5/

Trump installs former ‘Fox and Friends’ host as under secretary of state

Not the Onion.

And no, she wasn't a Fox and Friends host like 10 years ago, then left and gathered a bunch of diplomatic experience, then joined the state department....

It was "Fox and Friends" ---> "Trump's State Department".

This is the appointment to replace the fired under secretary who contradicted the White House claim they had informed Tillerson he was being fired on Friday and not by tweet on Monday.

And a telling quote:

The White House then confirmed State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert as acting under secretary for public diplomacy, with a White House official telling Axios, “Heather is the only one at State we trust.”

This is the mindset running the US government now.

And now we have the guy from CNBC as the Presidents Top Economic Advisor and head of the National Economic Council.

Trump is just picking people he sees on television that say things he likes. (And this would be the same Larry Kudlow who spent the entire runup to the economic collapse of 2008 telling everyone there was no recession coming and everything was fine and just ignore all the plummeting economic indicators this is all just a slow patch and the banks will turn it around no problem...). That Larry Kudlow.

Top. Economic. Advisor. to the President.

That guy.
Last edited by gcomeau on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Just how the hell do they expect to get her nominated anyway?

Wait for McCcain to go off sick again?

Probably. But I've lost any residual hope I had that there is any trace amount of ethics left in the vast majority of the Senate GOP when it comes to standing up to things Trump does.

McCain I anticipate will oppose for obvious reasons based on personal experience. The rest of them...?
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

...anyone else getting the feeling that Trump is simply flipping coins to make his decisions?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by pappilon   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:11 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:...anyone else getting the feeling that Trump is simply flipping coins to make his decisions?

Maybe he found my old Magic 8 Ball. Or maybe someone installed a Random Decision Generator and a companion Random Bogus Explanation generator on his smarter-than-he-is phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:16 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Well I've been waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting.... but now I'm just going to say it.

Trump hasn't said one word about a terrorist bombing campaign in Austin that has been going on FOR WEEKS... because it's abundantly clear what kind of person is doing it and who the targets are.

If there was even the slightest whiff the bomber was a Muslim or a minority or an immigrant and the victims were white people we would have had him putting on a full court nationwide media frenzy 24/7 about either "law and order" or "THE WALL!" or "Muslim ban!" or whatever of his greatest hits he thought fit best.
Post by The E   » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:32 pm

The E
Admiral

Just gonna assume that he hasn't been mentioning it because his daily intel briefing (known to the rest of us as "fox and Friends") hasn't mentioned it yet.
Post by smr   » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:21 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

The jihadists scream from the mountaintops and their caves that they did the deed. We have a disturbed psychopath not saying a word but continuing to kill innocents without a manifesto (at least nothing has been released.) He claimed he was a Christian but he was violating the 10 commandments by killing innocent people randomly. You know...thou shall not kill! Now, are you showing your own perceived bias, attitudes, stereotypes, religious intolerances, and racial intolerances. The problem with this situation is everyone wants to be right and not let the facts develop but everyone wants to rush to judgement (including me).

The E wrote:Just gonna assume that he hasn't been mentioning it because his daily intel briefing (known to the rest of us as "fox and Friends") hasn't mentioned it yet.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:23 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And there goes National Security Advisor #2... one of the few remaining so called claimed "adults in the room".

Replaced by loose warhead John Bolton.

Probably because Trump likes his mustache and has seen it on Fox News a bunch.
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Politics