Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Human Trafficking and Sexual Slavery

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Human Trafficking and Sexual Slavery
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:Well said. Many countries allow it only as self-employed individuals, and forbid pimping or otherwise profiting off the sex providers. Combine that with mandatory health checks and it works well in many places.

cthia wrote:I certainly agree, especially as someone who has frequented Amsterdam's Red Light District on several occasions during Spring Break in my college days. And a few times since.

However, oftentimes this type of clientele is the Pavel Young type who has performance issues solved only by the domination/overpowering psychological factor an older client would have over young girls. Intuitively, the concern then becomes whether legalization will simply fuel a more expensive niche market for the younger inexperienced girls which legal prostitution cannot supply.
dscott8 wrote:Exploitation would still be a criminal act, and the law enforcement resources now expended on policing those who would be legalized could be used to target exploiters more vigorously.

It would certainly be a welcome byproduct if that turned out to be the case. But I seriously doubt it. First the government has to care enough about the welfare of these innocent kids that are trafficked to divert suddenly available funds to that cause. They don't. The proof is in the fact that they aren't doing anything about it now. And the obvious fact that a lack of funding is not, should not and can not be the excuse of failing to protect the innocent. There is no price on the priceless.

I still agree that prostitution should be legalized. It would solve many a problem. At the base of those problems would be those of the prostitute herself, and if such a law is passed the welfare of the prostitute and the citizen at large - who is possibly "affected" - would be the driving point and not the trafficked child.

IOW, the powers that be would never be simultaneously altruistic and consciously intelligent so as to look two chess moves ahead and say "Let's legalize prostitution so it will loose funds to battle trafficking."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:25 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Where there is smoke, is there fire?

Was Trump involved at Sex Slave Island?

Well he certainly sang Epsteins praises back in the day, and visited the island.

Like a lot of people with iffy sexual histories.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by aairfccha   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am

aairfccha
Commander

gcomeau wrote:Self employed =/= "alone".

Ban on brothel keeping => effectively a requirement to work alone.
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Personally, I always thought the priorities of the authorities in going after the prostitutes were a bit skewed after human trafficking became so widespread and common knowledge. Now that I stop to think about it, this is why I really like NBC Dateline's To Catch A Predator.

Full Episode 7.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Politics