Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Human Trafficking and Sexual Slavery

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Human Trafficking and Sexual Slavery
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:24 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I am appalled that human trafficking isn't on the front burner of any American politician and an absolute prerequisite for any Presidential front-runner.

Modern slavery consists of sex, domestic and farm work. Somewhat mirroring Mesan specialization. When will human trafficking become a real front-burning issue for American politicians?! As citizens, where is the demand for the safety and welfare of our children!!!

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/sex-trafficking-america-0

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-portra ... ica-2014-8

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/us/sex-tr ... index.html

Are we waiting for our kids to show up as commodities on the DJIA as common as pork bellies before we begin to take it seriously?

It pisses me off to no end!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Human Trafficking and Sexual Slavery
Post by Daryl   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Our slavery problem seems to be much smaller than yours, possibly because of our stronger workplace laws.
Ours seems to mainly be run by people from some Asian countries, who bring young people in from their own countries, then take their passports and treat them badly. Prostitution, farm workers and some hospitality workers are the victims.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

There is one action we can take to eliminate at least 90% of the sex slavery problem:

Legalize prostitution.

As long as sex and money exist, they will be exchanged. Attempting to prevent it is stupid, futile, counterproductive, and leads to exactly the abuses the prohibitionists claim they are trying to fight. In hundreds of years of trying they haven't even reduced prostitution, much less eliminated it. They just refuse to admit their failure.
---------------
Don't open that!! It's the original can of worms!
Post by dscott8   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Imaginos1892 wrote:There is one action we can take to eliminate at least 90% of the sex slavery problem:

Legalize prostitution.

As long as sex and money exist, they will be exchanged. Attempting to prevent it is stupid, futile, counterproductive, and leads to exactly the abuses the prohibitionists claim they are trying to fight. In hundreds of years of trying they haven't even reduced prostitution, much less eliminated it. They just refuse to admit their failure.
---------------

Well said. Many countries allow it only as self-employed individuals, and forbid pimping or otherwise profiting off the sex providers. Combine that with mandatory health checks and it works well in many places.
Post by pokermind   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:50 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

The problem is no matter how perverted where there is a demand someone will provide a supply. A long time ago 60 Minutes had a session on where coyotes provided young children for sex and torture death by real sick sadist customers :o Generally sex workers are exploited, however bringing it into the open will allow some control of the most loathsome aspects of the sex industry.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:There is one action we can take to eliminate at least 90% of the sex slavery problem:

Legalize prostitution.

---------------

Well said. Many countries allow it only as self-employed individuals, and forbid pimping or otherwise profiting off the sex providers. Combine that with mandatory health checks and it works well in many places.

I certainly agree, especially as someone who has frequented Amsterdam's Red Light District on several occasions during Spring Break in my college days. And a few times since.

However, oftentimes this type of clientele is the Pavel Young type who has performance issues solved only by the domination/overpowering psychological factor an older client would have over young girls. Intuitively, the concern then becomes whether legalization will simply fuel a more expensive niche market for the younger inexperienced girls which legal prostitution cannot supply.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:00 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Where there is smoke, is there fire?

Was Trump involved at Sex Slave Island?

Post by dscott8   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:22 pm

dscott8
Commodore

cthia wrote:

I certainly agree, especially as someone who has frequented Amsterdam's Red Light District on several occasions during Spring Break in my college days. And a few times since.

However, oftentimes this type of clientele is the Pavel Young type who has performance issues solved only by the domination/overpowering psychological factor an older client would have over young girls. Intuitively, the concern then becomes whether legalization will simply fuel a more expensive niche market for the younger inexperienced girls which legal prostitution cannot supply.[/quote]

Exploitation would still be a criminal act, and the law enforcement resources now expended on policing those who would be legalized could be used to target exploiters more vigorously.
Post by aairfccha   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:29 pm

aairfccha
Commander

dscott8 wrote:Well said. Many countries allow it only as self-employed individuals, and forbid pimping or otherwise profiting off the sex providers. Combine that with mandatory health checks and it works well in many places.

Except for forcing prostitutes to work alone with all the risk that comes with that. Oops.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:35 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

aairfccha wrote:
dscott8 wrote:Well said. Many countries allow it only as self-employed individuals, and forbid pimping or otherwise profiting off the sex providers. Combine that with mandatory health checks and it works well in many places.

Except for forcing prostitutes to work alone with all the risk that comes with that. Oops.

Self employed =/= "alone".

Return to Politics