Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Michael Everett and 12 guests

What has Trump done right so far?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:20 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
"German encryption technology is very effective, why wouldn't we use it? It's so obvious!" ....said nobody among the Allies during the 1930s and 40s.

Russia is OPENLY HOSTILE to the US government. That's why you don't use Russian made SW in US government systems you nitwit. And the fact that you are incapable of even comprehending that tells us all how seriously to take your "oh all this negative reporting about Russia is fake news/evil US conspiracy" bullshit.

*facepalm*

No, the US government is openly hostile to Russia, not the other way around (although with all the slander thrown at them, i expect it is a matter of time).

You would notice if you bothered to listen to what both sides say, and then checked what they actually DID.

Ummm.... yeah. Done that.

Yes, of course the US is also adversarial towards Russia, but Putin has long had as one of his primary goals undermining US influence and power in the world because it is an impediment to his own ambitions. And they DID launch a cyber warfare attack on the US elections in furtherance of this goal.

Fact.
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Tenshinai, you've got your head shoved so far up your ass you need a Proctologist with a harpoon to get it out.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Ending 'net neutrality'.

Such an innocuous, fair-sounding term. 'Make the Net be neutral' and treat everybody equally, right?

In reality, it's just another example of the 'progressives' favorite pass-time, forcing some people to pay for other people's consumption.

Why should I have to pay more because somebody else uses 200 gigabytes of bandwidth a month to stream high-definition movies? Why should those streaming sites get a free ride on everybody else's backs? Make them pay for the bandwidth they consume, and charge their customers for it.

If spammers had to pay for the internet resources THEY use, spam would be unprofitable and they'd stop sending it.
———————————
If a business tries something and it doesn't work, they have to stop doing it or they will go broke. If the government tries something that doesn't work, they will keep shoveling our money into it forever.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos.

Net neutrality is not about consumption.

It was about access.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:29 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Ending 'net neutrality'.

Such an innocuous, fair-sounding term. 'Make the Net be neutral' and treat everybody equally, right?

In reality, it's just another example of the 'progressives' favorite pass-time, forcing some people to pay for other people's consumption.

Sigh... yeah, because Net Neutrality is just a liberal/progressive thing. :roll:

http://www.publicconsultation.org/wp-co ... 121217.pdf

83% of the public opposed rescinding those rules. Including 75% of Republicans.

(**Snip long illustration that you have no idea what ending net neutrality means**)
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:18 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Interesting thought exercise.

If Net Neutrality had not been enforced during the Trump/Clinton race, which party would have had the greatest number of allied websites mysteriously blocked by the Internet Service Providers?

And how many ISP's are actually owned by foreign countries?

I'm fairly certain that the conspiracy theorists would hate to have Net Neutrality broken because it would mean that all their truth-revealing websites could then be blocked by the Secret World Gubbmint... unless they were the ones in charge, in which case they'd be all for it as it would allow them to ensure that everyone else knew the TRUTH as they knew it.

And with the majority of the ISP's not being owned/run by ethnic minorities, abandoning Net Neutrality would make it incredibly easy to initiate covert apartheid...

Net Neutrality prevents far more problems than it causes...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by biochem   » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Net neutrality has been in place for 2 years. Prior to that the Internet was a nightmare hellhole that didn't function (sarcasm).

Net neutrality is a solution looking for a problem.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:25 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:Net neutrality has been in place for 2 years. Prior to that the Internet was a nightmare hellhole that didn't function (sarcasm).

Net neutrality is a solution looking for a problem.

https://www.freepress.net/blog/2017/04/ ... ef-history

It's like they wrote this just for you... right down to the opening:

"For years a lineup of phone- and cable-industry spokespeople has called Net Neutrality “a solution in search of a problem.”

Return to Politics