Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

What has Trump done right so far?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:58 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
PeterZ wrote:
If his tendency to embellish pisses them off, yeah, he did that right. He might not like the results, but I do.

Remember when everyone on the right thought Clinton was the worst person on the face of the earth for telling "lies" about Benghazi that she ever even told?

Isn't it amazing how that "lying to the American People is wrong" switch flipped the second Trump was elected and now undeniable and uncontested lies are simply declared to be good things coming from the president of the United states...?

I am commenting on the response of our democrat knob sucking media. They finally approach the Presidency with some skepticism. They did not display this mindset when democrats are in office, especially Obama.

Perhaps they will continue an adversarial approach when next those that agree with them are back in office.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:20 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Remember when everyone on the right thought Clinton was the worst person on the face of the earth for telling "lies" about Benghazi that she ever even told?

Isn't it amazing how that "lying to the American People is wrong" switch flipped the second Trump was elected and now undeniable and uncontested lies are simply declared to be good things coming from the president of the United states...?

I am commenting on the response of our democrat knob sucking media.

Yes..... that response being "the president is a pathological liar, we kind of have to address this when we report on what he says".

They finally approach the Presidency with some skepticism. They did not display this mindset when democrats are in office, especially Obama.

What planet were you living on the last 8 years?

Did they have to spend every day of the Obama presidency pointing out the reality defying statements coming out of the White House? Well... no.... because that wasn't happening. But they most certainly jumped all over anything negative as enthusiastically as with anyone else they report on.

You appear to be confusing a bias in reality with a bias in reporting said reality.
Post by dscott8   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:37 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Trump has done one -- only one -- good thing. He has shaken us out of our complacency and made us realize that progress must be worked for and earned.
Post by CRC   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:42 pm

CRC
Lieutenant Commander

1 – Stopped Hillary Clinton from becoming President.

2 – Turned the US political system on its head.

3 – Exposed the hypocrisy of the left on multiple issue related to the Constitution – from the electoral college to the first amendment to the 4th amendment to the 9th amendment

4 – Laid bare the mainstream media’s political bias.

5 – Nominated Neal Gorsuch to SCOTUS.

6 – Exposed the Republican establishment as a bunch of rock thrower’s – not ready to enact anything.

7 – Exposed the deep state issue – can anyone say “Mandarin”?

8 – Executive order requiring every agency to establish a Regulatory Reform Task.

9 – Executive Order dealing with DoJ task forces.

10 – Executive order reviewing Dodd Frank.

11 – Executive Order lengthening the ban on Executive brank lobbyists.

12 – Executive Order for Keystone pipeline and Dakota access.

13 - Executive Order Hiring Freeze,
Post by Daryl   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I thought this thread was about what Trump has done right so far?

CRC wrote:1 – Stopped Hillary Clinton from becoming President.

2 – Turned the US political system on its head.

3 – Exposed the hypocrisy of the left on multiple issue related to the Constitution – from the electoral college to the first amendment to the 4th amendment to the 9th amendment

4 – Laid bare the mainstream media’s political bias.

5 – Nominated Neal Gorsuch to SCOTUS.

6 – Exposed the Republican establishment as a bunch of rock thrower’s – not ready to enact anything.

7 – Exposed the deep state issue – can anyone say “Mandarin”?

8 – Executive order requiring every agency to establish a Regulatory Reform Task.

9 – Executive Order dealing with DoJ task forces.

10 – Executive order reviewing Dodd Frank.

11 – Executive Order lengthening the ban on Executive brank lobbyists.

12 – Executive Order for Keystone pipeline and Dakota access.

13 - Executive Order Hiring Freeze,
Post by Annachie   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

1. Stopped anyone actually qualified or competant becomming President. So nope.

2. Nope. It needed shaking up from the tea party obstructionism, not the shear destruction that is, essentially, still tea party crap. So nope.

3. What hypocrisy? You might have a point on the 2nd amendment, but the GOP are just as bad. So nope.

4. The sun shines in the daytime.

What Trump has actually done is dramatically overstated the already known about political bias to the point of claiming that the actual neutral media is biased (BBC News for example) to try and paint a false picture of the media as the enemy of the people. So nope.

6. He's a reasonable GOP nomination. So yep.

7. What the hell is the "Deep state issue"?
Seriously, I just looked it up and I still have no idea what you mean.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

8. Not quite. Executive orders requoring every agency to remove regulations regardless of if they were needed or not. So nope.

9. Lol, destroying the economy, subverting state rights, abusing due process. Nope.
Actually that is damn near his biggest fuck up. A moments thought and he could have done brilliantly on this one issue, but no has has to go all Bannon and royalky fuck the pooch.

10. You do understand why Dodd Frank was brought in don't you.
You do understand the damage that was done to the world economy, let alone the American economy, that Dodd Frank is designed to prevent don't you?
So nope.

11. Should be all lobyists and governmwnt employies. So 50/50.

12. Because authorising a pipeline through sacred ground in violation of existing treaties so a Canadian company can sell oil to the Chinese is good how?
Nope.

13. Iffy. It's the typical shiny bum "let's cut a percentage of our workforce" purely so they can point to a reduced wages bill but ignoring the potential for damage to the business.
It then usually ends with said jobs being outsourced for a higher cost to a company owned by an insider.

So that's a 50/50. Hiring freeze is good, reason for it is terrible.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:31 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

CRC wrote:4 – Laid bare the mainstream media’s political bias.
Annachie wrote:4. The sun shines in the daytime.

What Trump has actually done is dramatically overstated the already known about political bias to the point of claiming that the actual neutral media is biased (BBC News for example) to try and paint a false picture of the media as the enemy of the people. So nope.

Actually, the BBC is intrinsically biased towards the left, if not so much as many people claim. The problem derives from the fact that the BBC recruits almost exclusively via the pages of the Guardian, a left-wing newspaper, thus those recruited to the BBC are left-leaning by inclination.
One bit of proof happened during the last election where Labour lost (and the Tories gained enough seats to claim power). In an interview with a Labour MP, the reporter asked "So where did we go wrong?"
Quite a revealing slip of the tongue there...
The BBC is also Pro-EU, as shown by the disproportionate priority given to the Remoaners and "Britain will collapse and turn into another Zimbabwe due to leaving"-type stories they've been putting on (although in fairness, the number of said stories is decreasing).
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:13 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:The BBC is also Pro-EU, as shown by the disproportionate priority given to the Remoaners and "Britain will collapse and turn into another Zimbabwe due to leaving"-type stories they've been putting on (although in fairness, the number of said stories is decreasing).

To be fair, Britain is pretty well on its way towards major internal upheavals right now; Given the state of the brexit process and the various lies brexiteers spouted off, a pro-EU bias is probably more truthful than being neutral.
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:20 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:To be fair, Britain is pretty well on its way towards major internal upheavals right now; Given the state of the brexit process and the various lies brexiteers spouted off, a pro-EU bias is probably more truthful than being neutral.

Yes and no. Our last true civil war was all the way back in the 1600's. There's going to be whole load of shouting and waved fists, but despite the sheer amount of boat-rocking that'll happen, anyone found trying to bore a hole in the hull will find themselves being hammered by both factions.
Besides, Blair recently gave the Brexit process a huge boost. He didn't mean to, but everyone knows how shifty he is so when he called for the Bremoaners to rise up, he simply reduced the support for the "Stay" group.

I'm not saying there won't be upheavels, but we'll just stay calm and carry on, holding on in quiet desperation.

After all, that's the British Way... :D
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics